Random Hockey Observations

You mean if a Sabre had of been punched into pulp by Lucic ? Unless it was 2 on 1 or a Sabre tomahawked him with their stick there isn't a Sabre who can teach Lucic a lesson.
Showing up for the fight and losing is infinitely better than bitching out because the other guy is bigger and stronger. That's the meathead in me. We're talking about Lucic like he's the Incredible Hulk or something...sheesh.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I was disagreeing with mdg's implication that he took a run at him from 20 feet away. I think it was more like, "Breakaway! I'm going to get the puck! Shit he's going to get it...well, I'm right here anyway, might as well hit him."
Oh, I agree with you. He was going for the puck all the way. If Miller isn't a goalie, Lucic plays it perfectly. I meant that to say Lucic didn't have time to get out of the way suggests he didn't see the play developing, and know that there was a chance he'd have to shift quickly when he got a few feet away if Miller did get there first.In the age of protecting goalies, I'm surprised the league doesn't see it as Lucic's responsibility to make sure his speed and trajectory are such that he gives himself room to not hit the goalie in a situation where the goalie will almost certainly get there first.

Opinions, please...A guy in my Points only pool wants Ovie from me. Ovie is in his 2nd year (3 yr limit)I am angling for Kane (also 2nd year) and a 1st round pick or a combo of 2 to 3 players/draft picks in exchange for Ovie and a warm body.His offer:Heatley, Hartnell and a 2nd round pick (2012) for Ovie and David Backes (aka warm body, although I like him...no homo)Thoughts?

Opinions, please...A guy in my Points only pool wants Ovie from me. Ovie is in his 2nd year (3 yr limit)I am angling for Kane (also 2nd year) and a 1st round pick or a combo of 2 to 3 players/draft picks in exchange for Ovie and a warm body.His offer:Heatley, Hartnell and a 2nd round pick (2012) for Ovie and David Backes (aka warm body, although I like him...no homo)Thoughts?
I say no
So, accident or do we need to create more protection till players play in a bubble?
Are those my only two choices?I mean, it's obviously an accident. I don't think the shooter intended to kill him.And do I have to be against any and all proposed safety changes if I don't want players in a bubble? Or can there be a reasonable position somewhere in between those two spots?
Are those my only two choices?I mean, it's obviously an accident. I don't think the shooter intended to kill him.And do I have to be against any and all proposed safety changes if I don't want players in a bubble? Or can there be a reasonable position somewhere in between those two spots?
I'm not gonna bother looking at his goals. dude is not getting powerplay time. this just screams fluke to me.
He's getting at least half the PP time for Florida every game.

Cool campaign started on twitter to get all ex-Ottawa Senators to the All Star game. So i have been voting frantically for KesselLupulHeatleyPhaneufLilesReimer.It will be very cool to see ex sens playing in Ottawa..Lets stick it to the Sens fans.