• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Going to last nights Wings/Avs game might have finally gotten me back into the hockey groove. It was a good game. I really have a man crush for Matt Duchene. Wish he didn't have to play for the Avs though. Jonathan Ericsson sucks. God I hate that kid. Also fun to watch two Beavers players put up 4 goals live! Weee.

Going there for lunch now, thanks DannyG (for making me even fatter).
I've never really been a designer poutine guy, but now I can't decide what to get. They all look incredible.
They are quite fantastic. I've heard the sausage is less than excellent, so haven't got the triple pork poutine one yet. I got the double pork last time. This time I got just pulled pork and someone else got the bacon. Folks, the bacon is real bacon. Not bacon bits, chunks of strips of bacon. The pulled pork is really excellent. Wouldn't complain if I got pork like that in a sandwich.Also, prices are fine. A regular, which is plenty for one person, starts at $5.50 and up to $7-8 for one with a few toppings.Only complaint is that the gravies are pretty much the same. Pulled pork comes with chipotle, double bacon comes with peppercorn...they all taste the same. Fine with me though.
Note to self, get a regular next time. Not large.
I can support that a large from there is more than one person should reasonably eat.
I dont know if they will be any good, but Jack Astors has a poutine thing going on this month, and I just got a $10 off coupon from them, and the wife+son really like the place, so maybe Friday night will be one of these....(too lazy to go downtown for that poutine place)SPICYSAUSAGE . $7.96Natural cut fries loadedwith cheese curds and beefgravy. Topped with Chorizospicy sausage, smokedpaprika mayo, guacamoleand chili flakes.MONTRÉALSMOKEDMEAT $7.96Natural cut fries loadedwith cheese curds and beefgravy. Topped with Montréalsmoked meat, pickle anddeli mustard.CHICKENBLT $8.98Natural cut fries loadedwith cheese curds andbeef gravy. Topped withchicken, bacon, caramelizedonion, tomato, lettuce andgarlic mayo.This all makes me long for Lou Dawgs in Toronto. Great pulled pork place, with some of the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. And usually, decent live music.
PERFECT..I love Jack Astors..We are going there for sure
I wonder if they're open late for post-bar retardedness.
They opened up right across from a place that is only open from 9pm-4am on Thursday-Sunday nights. Ours is right in the downtown drinking walking-home area and is open past 3am on Thursday-Saturday nights. Only until 11 on other nights, so that won't work for your 6 day a week drinking habits.

Been watching hockey 30 years and I've never seen a game like Tampa - Philly...Philly refuses to bring the puck out of their own end unless Tampa sends someone back to challenge them (and thus abandon their defensive system).At least 5 times now the defensemen have just sat back at the faceoff dots moving the puck around with their sticks to avoid a whistle...but not bringing it out unless Tampa sends a forward in to challenge.Bizzare first period.

You should try Woody's in Toronto... you can get your pork smoked there too....http://www.woodystoronto.com/
I hate you.Also weird timing for all the poutine talk. I had one today too, then after the guy made them he points to the sign right beside me (that I obv didn't see) and says we should try the bacon cheeseburger poutine next time. I plan on it.
Been watching hockey 30 years and I've never seen a game like Tampa - Philly...Philly refuses to bring the puck out of their own end unless Tampa sends someone back to challenge them (and thus abandon their defensive system).At least 5 times now the defensemen have just sat back at the faceoff dots moving the puck around with their sticks to avoid a whistle...but not bringing it out unless Tampa sends a forward in to challenge.Bizzare first period.
This reminds me of...I played roller hockey for my last 2 years (01-02 and 02-03 season) at Purdue. We were 3rd in the nation both years, barely losing to MSU. The national champion was Lindenwood University in St. Louis and they would beat us and MSU by at least 5 or 10. :club: They won the national championship from 02-08 and 2010. Anyway, their strategy when we first played them was to set up behind their own net and wait for someone to chase them out. Since roller hockey is 4v4, that would make for a 4v3 break right away. After we got smoked by them the first time we played them, we decided to just sit back and not chase them out. Their Dman behind the net just stood there looking at the coach like "WTF now?" when we didn't chase them. Eventually they would come out and play, but it would take them minutes sometimes. One game we played them, they won the faceoff and took the puck back behind their net and stood there the entire 12 minute period. I stood in front of their bench the whole time talking shit on their players, coaches, and anyone else that would listen or try not to listen to me. Talk about giving roller hockey an even worse name. They were much more talented than us and could have beat us just playing the game but they chose to play their boring strategy anyway. Just talking about it makes me want to kick them all in the face. :ts

-lol @ Chris' link. I had no idea thats where it was going.- I find this Philly-TB gameplay fascinating. Hasnt Tampa been doing this for over a year? Why tonight for Philly? That said, Tampa's style does make it a boring game.- Am I the only one interested in this Penn State mess? Been glued to CNN last 30mins. This network is the king of overhyping everything.That said, the college kids "protesting" make me weep for the future. They are so fcking stupid. I dont think I was that dumb in my 20's.

- Am I the only one interested in this Penn State mess? Been glued to CNN last 30mins. This network is the king of overhyping everything.That said, the college kids "protesting" make me weep for the future. They are so fcking stupid. I dont think I was that dumb in my 20's.
It's obviously national news but being from Pittsburgh that's ALL I've heard about in the last 2-3 days. My gf and her dad are both Penn State grads and her dad is a huge supporter of the school and program. What a mess....
It's obviously national news but being from Pittsburgh that's ALL I've heard about in the last 2-3 days. My gf and her dad are both Penn State grads and her dad is a huge supporter of the school and program. What a mess....
Of course, some nhl'er had to put his foot in his mouth. I follow Scottie Upshall and he tweeted something about "Paterno wiil be remembered for being greatest coach of all time, Bottom line"Just came across so badly. I really think these guys don't know who they are and who is listening to them. It's not about being PC, its about not sounding like an idiot when your a professional.
Of course, some nhl'er had to put his foot in his mouth. I follow Scottie Upshall and he tweeted something about "Paterno wiil be remembered for being greatest coach of all time, Bottom line"Just came across so badly. I really think these guys don't know who they are and who is listening to them. It's not about being PC, its about not sounding like an idiot when your a professional.
What I find fascinating is the deification of the College Football and Basketball Coaches when the reality is that in most cases they are raging egomaniacs with severe God complexes
What I find fascinating is the deification of the College Football and Basketball Coaches when the reality is that in most cases they are raging egomaniacs with severe God complexes
Thank you for saving so much effort by saying the same thing I wanted to say.