Random Hockey Observations

More bad news that connects this closer to home..CBC is reporting that Riley Armstrong, Colby's brother was on the roster and possibly on the plane as well...Along with the other lone Canadian on the roster Ramzi Abid..It gets worse and worse..http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/09...lane-crash.html

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Lokomotiv official tells Sovetsky Sport "everyone from the main roster was on the plane + 4 players from the youth team."

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by SpectorsHockeyThree survivors are being reported, at least one player.ArponBasu Arpon Basu Just when it couldn't get worse RT @SlavaMalamud: The authorities are currently treating the crash as a criminal investigation.

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by SpectorsHockeyThree survivors are being reported, at least one player.ArponBasu Arpon Basu Just when it couldn't get worse RT @SlavaMalamud: The authorities are currently treating the crash as a criminal investigation.
WOW really..Criminal investigation. I figured with the history of russian planes and the lack of proper safety measures this was obviously a mechanical failure, but this is truly mind boggling if it was a criminal act.
Criminal???

sorry to throw off topic but does anyone know when the nhl team totals lines come out?edit: double sorry. shit thats terrible

Riley Armstrong was NOT on the plane. This has been confirmed.
Yes just saw this..Great news for Colby and his family.I think people should stop speculating until we get an official list..
Yes just saw this..Great news for Colby and his family.I think people should stop speculating until we get an official list..
I'm quite certain it's a coping mechanism.

Here's an example of the conflicting reports...these tweets are back to back on my feed...Aportzline Aaron Portzline RT @Buccigross: The plane was carrying 45 people, including 37 passengers and eight crew. The ministry said all but two people were killed.wyshynski Greg Wyshynski Latest news from Russia: 42 passengers, 2 possible survivors, one of them player Alexander Galimov (confirmed by agent to SovSport)

rilesarmy Riley Armstrong by JeffMarekHey I was not on the KHL flight im attending St johns camprilesarmy Riley Armstrong by DownGoesBrownI'm safe but thanks for the kind words but pray and think of the players and their families on that flight

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by SpectorsHockeyReportedly (unconfirmed) Ruslan Salei was NOT on board
SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by mirtleIt is being reported that Salei, who is from Belarus, was awaiting the team in Minsk.
SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by mirtleIt is being reported that Salei, who is from Belarus, was awaiting the team in Minsk.
I've heard that from a couple sources now, hopefully it's true. RIP to Alexander Vasyunov, a New Jersey prospect I drafted to the Lost Cause Farm back in 2007. I've been following his career ever since.
Any word on McCrimmon?
All signs point to him being on board, but no official comment yet :(dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Lokomotiv's webisite posted this announcement: "Due to the tragedy we have temporarily shut down the site."dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov HC Atlant decided to stay in Ufa following the tragedy. The team (including Kovalev, Zherdev) are now in church for a service.
All signs point to him being on board, but no official comment yet :club:
That's pretty much the case for the entire team, minus those who have been confirmed elsewhere at the time (which isn't many). It's all speculation for now, unspeakably sad day for hockey.