• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

The sun definitely shines brightly in Joe Sakic's world...nutted an ace at a million dollar hole-in-one contest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17-ZSLlnAZQ
Pretty crazy..Not only was it his first ever hole in one, it happens in this tourney with this prize..$500K to charity and $500K for him..Amazing.
Pretty crazy..Not only was it his first ever hole in one, it happens in this tourney with this prize..$500K to charity and $500K for him..Amazing.
Is that the way it was structured, or did he make the donation himself?

I've figured out my schedule and I can go see an AVS vs. Flames game in November. I live 5+ hours(could be much longer depending on weather) away from the Pepsi Center so it's not like I'm able to see a game on a whim. I called to inquire about tickets and was told single game tickets don't go on sale until the second week of September. I'm guessing they do this so they can continue to offer season tickets for the sweet seats right up to the start of preseason. But I mean, September?! Anyway, I'm going to shell out some dough for the tickets. Like, I'll pay whatever I need to pay for the best seats possible. I'm looking for tips on the best vantage point in general when seeing a live NHL game. Is the top of the glass an issue? Front row too low? How many rows up is ideal? Center Ice a must? Better to be behind the penalty boxes or the benches? Anything I'm not considering?I'm more excited than a 5 year old middle class gentile on christmas morning.

I'm looking for tips on the best vantage point in general when seeing a live NHL game. Is the top of the glass an issue? Front row too low? How many rows up is ideal? Center Ice a must? Better to be behind the penalty boxes or the benches? Anything I'm not considering?
In my experience, the front row doesn't have clear sight lines for everything, but it is a lot of fun when the action is right in front of you.I think the best seats are center ice, maybe 10-15 rows up.

honestly, there aren't too many bad seats in most NHL arenas. I've never sat right at the glass for an NHL game, but as long as you aren't right behind the players bench or penalty box, that should be fine too. My favourite spot is probably centre ice, 1st row of the second level. Honestly though, you really can't go wrong. The best time I ever had at a hockey game was game 6 of the 06 finals in Edmonton, and I sat in the very last row of the whole building, and the view was great.

I sat in the very last row of the whole building, and the view was great.
I agree with this too. The ability to see the whole ice and how all the players work together is pretty cool. But I don't think you get the same appreciation for speed and power the further up you go.
My favorite seats are centre ice, about 15 rows up, or like Dubey said, first row of the second level is also awesome.
My faves are between 10-15 rows up, on the blueline of the offensive zone of the better team. Let's you watch the goalies (and goals) a little closer.

I contemplated saying blue line, and that is where I tend to sit because centre ice is impossible to get. I agree though, good seats. But really, tough to find awful seats in modern rinks now.

Been to a lot of hockey games, but our best experience was 3 rows behind the Leafs bench just to the exit where they come out of..Mainly because my son got to highfive the players, get a puck from Dion and a stick from Grabo

Been to a lot of hockey games, but our best experience was 3 rows behind the Leafs bench just to the exit where they come out of..Mainly because my son got to highfive the players, get a puck from Dion and a stick from Grabo
I'm happy anywhere I'm sitting at a hockey game, but my favorite is sitting in the club seats with the cute cocktail waitresses. They keep me buzzed which makes me happy. <grin>
I'm happy anywhere I'm sitting at a hockey game, but my favorite is sitting in the club seats with the cute cocktail waitresses. They keep me buzzed which makes me happy. <grin>
ooh yes this..I forgot about that one..Last year I got two tickets to a private box from a work Auction..Took a close referral source and we had a blast..All the beer we can have and amazing food..And the cocktail waitress was cute too.
ooh yes this..I forgot about that one..Last year I got two tickets to a private box from a work Auction..Took a close referral source and we had a blast..All the beer we can have and amazing food..And the cocktail waitress was cute too.
I don't mean the private boxes, although I've done that at Amerks games and it's definitely fun. I'm talking the 200 level club seats with a perfect view of the ice and your own cocktail girl per section. Definitely the best way to watch a hockey game IMO.
I don't mean the private boxes, although I've done that at Amerks games and it's definitely fun. I'm talking the 200 level club seats with a perfect view of the ice and your own cocktail girl per section. Definitely the best way to watch a hockey game IMO.
Aha i see...in Toronto we dont have that level..The platinum seats have that service though..Platinums are the seats that are closest to the ice and are the seats that require you to take a second mortgage on your house to buy.

The Club Seats in Ottawa are like the first 15 rows of the lower bowl. I like to sit at the top, or just above them. There's a mini 2nd level, which has like 8 rows and private boxes. Those seats are all unreal. I sat there for the OT thriller when the Pens beat the Sens in OT in the playoffs to close out the series in 2010. Also, Brian Elliot's brother got my buddy 2nd level tickets that we used once for a Ducks game.