Random Hockey Observations

It was lots of fun..YOu had a lot of bad luck
Yes it was alot of fun. I will definitely not be playing like that in Vegas. I plan on winning there.Thanks for Chris for hosting and letting me see the storage boxes of sportscards.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Should be Reimer, will probably be Bernier, though I have no idea what he has proven, at this tournament, or prior, to establish himself as the number 1.2011 stats:Bernier 11-8-3 .913 2.48. faced 28 shots/game playing on a decent defensive team.Reimer 20-10-5 .921 2.60. faced 32 shots/game playing on the Leafs, an admittedly weak defensive team.Dubnyk 12-13-8 .916 2.71. faced 32 shots per game playing in front of the worst D core in the NHL, and the worst team in the NHL by far.Reimer has done nothing to lose the starter's job. Bernier never should have left the Press box, but certainly hasn't done anything to steal the starter's job from Reimer. Devan never got a chance to prove anything, unless you count 13 pity minutes in a 9-1 game against France.

Should be Reimer, will probably be Bernier, though I have no idea what he has proven, at this tournament, or prior, to establish himself as the number 1.2011 stats:Bernier 11-8-3 .913 2.48. faced 28 shots/game playing on a decent defensive team.Reimer 20-10-5 .921 2.60. faced 32 shots/game playing on the Leafs, an admittedly weak defensive team.Dubnyk 12-13-8 .916 2.71. faced 32 shots per game playing in front of the worst D core in the NHL, and the worst team in the NHL by far.Reimer has done nothing to lose the starter's job. Bernier never should have left the Press box, but certainly hasn't done anything to steal the starter's job from Reimer. Devan never got a chance to prove anything, unless you count 13 pity minutes in a 9-1 game against France.
I'd be very curious to know how many backdoor deals influence some of these decisions.

Oh, I can almost guarantee it. GM's have to give approval for their players to go to the tourney, I'm sure Lombardi probably told them that bernier would only go if he played, while Tambellini probably didn't make any demands, even though they made a promise to Devan that he wouldn't be the third goalie this year when they 'recruited' him, and that he would be given an opportunity to compete for the starter's job. Burning bridges with small time players probably isn't of as great a concern as burning bridges with GMs.

Oh, I can almost guarantee it. GM's have to give approval for their players to go to the tourney, I'm sure Lombardi probably told them that bernier would only go if he played, while Tambellini probably didn't make any demands, even though they made a promise to Devan that he wouldn't be the third goalie this year when they 'recruited' him, and that he would be given an opportunity to compete for the starter's job. Burning bridges with small time players probably isn't of as great a concern as burning bridges with GMs.
Good point. Plus, they probably figure someone like Devan, who was willing to go as a backup, would probably be willing to go if Canada called again in the future, even if he got screwed this time. I doubt he'd turn down the chance to play for Canada, just because Tambellini wrote a cheque his butt couldn't keep in the past. Hell, Tambellini may well not even be involved next year, in three years, etc.
Good point. Plus, they probably figure someone like Devan, who was willing to go as a backup, would probably be willing to go if Canada called again in the future, even if he got screwed this time. I doubt he'd turn down the chance to play for Canada, just because Tambellini wrote a cheque his butt couldn't keep in the past. Hell, Tambellini may well not even be involved next year, in three years, etc.
Well hopefully the Oil make the playoffs in the next few years. Also it is important to give Reimer the experience as you know as long as he is a Leaf he will regularly be available for the tournament.
Lindros talks about NHL Favouritism...and Matt Cooke:http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/2011/0...or-trashy-play/
I have a hard time believing he can put together sentences let alone paragraphs. Seriously though as much of a idiot as Cooke can be he is still a very valuable hockey player. I firmly believe he could have made the difference in that Tampa Bay series. The #1 PK in the league lost one of it's top guys due to a horrible decision. I really hope they his latest suspension will have had a big enough impact that he can come back with a different game plan. I don't mind him getting under the other teams skin but he needs to find a way to operate within the ever changing rulebook.
I have a hard time believing he can put together sentences let alone paragraphs. Seriously though as much of a idiot as Cooke can be he is still a very valuable hockey player. I firmly believe he could have made the difference in that Tampa Bay series. The #1 PK in the league lost one of it's top guys due to a horrible decision. I really hope they his latest suspension will have had a big enough impact that he can come back with a different game plan. I don't mind him getting under the other teams skin but he needs to find a way to operate within the ever changing rulebook.
the bolded has nothing to do with it at all. he just needs to just being an idiot on the ice
the bolded has nothing to do with it at all. he just needs to just being an idiot on the ice
Agreed. It was meant to be more a shot at the nhl for not taking as strong a stand as most believe they should on this issue...not as an excuse for Cooke as I guess it comes across.

Quick poll:1. Don Cherry will bring it up in a positive manner.2. Don Cherry will bring it up in a negative manner.3. Don Cherry won't bring it up.

Umm, RIP Derek Boogaard.
pretty sad news..No one seems to know what the cause of death is yet..Hopefully its not drug related..
Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if it has anything to do with his concussion.
That would be where I started speculating. He had been out since January with a concussion.