Random Hockey Observations

This is why there shouldnt be hockey in cities like Phoenix...They are down 2-1 on a crucial PP , and they didnt score and they boo the team...They had such a great year where they totally over achieved with no real major stars..They are against one of the most experienced teams in the NHL , full of stars and future hall of famers...They dont get the game obviously....I was very happy for the Red Wings last night as there fans deserved it..Mike Hogan who does a show on the FAN this morning suggested the Coyotes should of called a time out after and all stood in unison to boo the fans...Where the hell were you all year, bunch of bandwagon golf playing , sunworshippers..(sorry to the Phoenix people, no offense)
So you think baseball doesnt belong here either? Cause the Jays are only supported when they win.Fact is, fans would support hockey almost anywhere, if there was a winner, or if it looked like they were building towards something. Its hard to attend games and show support, when it looks like your team might move in an instant, and/or they havent won a thing in a decade. I dont blame anyone not going to games in Coyote+Panther land, those 2 teams have been beyond pathetic, and their efficiency doesnt earn them support. As for Hogan, hes an idiot, and he should stick to the CFL, and its second rate players.Im not a fan of booing, but I also dont see why the fans are obliged to cheer when their team is obviously not playing to their potential. You could see it in the Coyotes last night, they looked like they werent willing to sacrifice to make a play.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Ya I hate the whiteouts...once they changed the home jerseys to dark it makes no sense. The Pens do it as well and it looks cool in pictures but it also looks like you're rooting against the home teams.2412359264_b2629f8cfd.jpg Caps "Rock the Red"OrangeCrush.jpg Flyers "Orange Crush"This is the only true white out in my book. 107k Penn State fans wearing white (except those wearing blue to make the S)20070908_NotreDame_PennSt_sm_3337.jpg

So you think baseball doesnt belong here either? Cause the Jays are only supported when they win.Fact is, fans would support hockey almost anywhere, if there was a winner, or if it looked like they were building towards something. Its hard to attend games and show support, when it looks like your team might move in an instant, and/or they havent won a thing in a decade. I dont blame anyone not going to games in Coyote+Panther land, those 2 teams have been beyond pathetic, and their efficiency doesnt earn them support. As for Hogan, hes an idiot, and he should stick to the CFL, and its second rate players.Im not a fan of booing, but I also dont see why the fans are obliged to cheer when their team is obviously not playing to their potential. You could see it in the Coyotes last night, they looked like they werent willing to sacrifice to make a play.
You have a very good point about baseball and the Jays...I would be devastated if the Jays were to leave town..Admittedly i havent gone to too many games, i think i went to 5 last year, and this will be my first tonight. I plan on going to more during the summer as the wife likes it too when the weather is nice.As for Hogan i agree with the CFL crap..BTW you and Hogan have something in common..The only two people i know that are diehard Canes fans.
As for Hogan i agree with the CFL crap..BTW you and Hogan have something in common..The only two people i know that are diehard Canes fans.
ya, I forgot to mention its his one redeeming quality. :club: He has GM Rutherford on a lot, which I love, but I generally dont like listening to him/his show.
Im not a fan of booing, but I also dont see why the fans are obliged to cheer when their team is obviously not playing to their potential. You could see it in the Coyotes last night, they looked like they werent willing to sacrifice to make a play.
AS a player I would be annoyed to hear my hometown booing and then cheering after. I don't think the Yotes did anything last night that deserved boos. I don't think fans are obligated to cheer but when your team is down 2-1 in a game 7 I don't think booing is a very fan like things to do. Stay quiet if need be but don't boo. I personally like it when fans of a team get louder and cheer more when their team stumbles. That is a fan base that is trying to help push their team to victory with positive reinforcement as opposed to negative. And this is playoff time I am talking about mostly. I don't care what a fan does in game 35 of the season but in game 7 I would not see my self booing my team when down 2-1 in the 2nd period.
Ya I hate the whiteouts...once they changed the home jerseys to dark it makes no sense.
The only positive thing I could think of was that maybe since the road teams are wearing their whites now, the whiteout may make it a bit tougher for them to pick out their teammates at a quick glance, thus maybe giving the home team a slight advantage?

White T-Shirts cost like 2-3 dollars less than colored ones. Multiplied by 20 000 and the marketing team is quick to ignore what color the home team actually wears.

did I miss another NHL rule change where the threshold for "high stick" making contact with the puck is now above the waist?
They just assume it's a high stick when the habs touch it since they're all so short.