• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

4 games all upsets if this score holds in San Jose
well, PHX did have the better record. not an upset for some.and at this point, is anyone really suprised when San Jose (Thornton, Marleau and Nabokov) lose a playoff game?
well, PHX did have the better record. not an upset for some.
I meant by Vegas odds..All upsets tonight..
I meant by Vegas odds..All upsets tonight..
i was gonna ask.so Det was the favourite, both for this game, and the series? (odds wise)if so, then your right, its an upset i guess.
i was gonna ask.so Det was the favourite, both for this game, and the series? (odds wise)if so, then your right, its an upset i guess.
Not sure exactly for this game but Detroit was a pretty huge favourite to win the series..Very hard to sweep series in the NHL..There will be only one this year.
Same thing as last year for the Sharks. They don't play poorly but they don't play well either.
In the NHL playoffs not bad does not cut the mustard as they have found out how many years in a row?

Ugh. I am more on tilt for the fact that I want to drive to Phoenix and beat the living crap out of the FSNDetroit color guy, Mickey Redmond. I just wish this old piece of fuck would retire already. Even if the Wings pulled out the win last night I would still be pissed off. Does anyone here get to see that feed? Mickey is a broken record. He makes up stupid sayings like the one from last night early on..."Helm will counter Phoenix's speed with his dandy!"Wtf drunk old man? Shut up.But what he spends 87% of his color commentary on is whining about the NHL and it's officials. Every penalty against the Wings is an abomination. Now, the only one I agree with is the one that resulted in the 2nd Phx goal as that was a soccer like dive. But Lilja threw and elbow. It was as blatant as a penalty can be and Mickey has to whine and moan and say things over and over like, "well I guess if you are going to decide to call a penalty then I guess you just make one up." Umm no jack off, it was an elbow. Watch your own replay coverage dumbass. All game long. Bitching about Datsyuk getting slashed but when we see a replay of Bert slashing Jovy it's just fine and dandy and just the things Jovy should learn to deal with in a playoff game. Ugh. I have had to listen to this ass for 20+ year and I am tired of it. Retire already you idiot and let Larry Murphy take over. GAH!Oh and a side note. LOL JOE THORNTON. If I was a SJ fan I would have no hair.

Ugh. I am more on tilt for the fact that I want to drive to Phoenix and beat the living crap out of the FSNDetroit color guy, Mickey Redmond. I just wish this old piece of fuck would retire already. Even if the Wings pulled out the win last night I would still be pissed off. Does anyone here get to see that feed? Mickey is a broken record. He makes up stupid sayings like the one from last night early on..."Helm will counter Phoenix's speed with his dandy!"Wtf drunk old man? Shut up.But what he spends 87% of his color commentary on is whining about the NHL and it's officials. Every penalty against the Wings is an abomination. Now, the only one I agree with is the one that resulted in the 2nd Phx goal as that was a soccer like dive. But Lilja threw and elbow. It was as blatant as a penalty can be and Mickey has to whine and moan and say things over and over like, "well I guess if you are going to decide to call a penalty then I guess you just make one up." Umm no jack off, it was an elbow. Watch your own replay coverage dumbass. All game long. Bitching about Datsyuk getting slashed but when we see a replay of Bert slashing Jovy it's just fine and dandy and just the things Jovy should learn to deal with in a playoff game. Ugh. I have had to listen to this ass for 20+ year and I am tired of it. Retire already you idiot and let Larry Murphy take over. GAH!Oh and a side note. LOL JOE THORNTON. If I was a SJ fan I would have no hair.
I love you.I take back everything I ever said about you in terms of being a homer. :club: Recognizing this, and putting it out there, is top drawer.I find it hard to watch Wings games, mostly because of him. There are a few like him in the NHL, but what most impressed me about Redmond is that he has gotten me to dislike Ken Daniels, who was a favourite of mine when he worked in Canada. Thats some impressive oveflow there.Oh, and another good call on the Joe T. thing. Spot on.

That Phoenix/Detroit game was a lot of fun to watch. Phoenix is a good team, and they played Detroit very well, outside of the first 10 minutes. I think they are being underestimated by a lot of people.

Ugh. Just ask Liz. I have spent the last 3 years yelling at the TV screen telling him to shut the hell up. I love road games because Larry Murphy is the color guy and I really enjoy him. He talks more about the game than his personal feelings and he has no stupid sayings. Redmond talks about two things through every single Wings broadcast.1. The refs being idiots when they call every single penalty. He actually sounds like he is pouting it is that bad.2. Composite sticks. He hates them and if a Wings stick breaks we have to hear him spend an entire half period bitching about it.Daniels lately has sounded a little perturbed when the above rants start happening. I think he has pretty much had enough of having the same conversations over and over again. Daniels bugs me on one thing. "Datsukyian Deke!" everytime Datsyuk does something good. It's bad when I would rather watch Pierre McGuire do my Wings game.I posted on facebook about it and I have seemed to ruffled my dads ex girlfriends feathers.Oh and I am not that much of a homer!! You have to give me a break though, 19 straight playoffs and 10 straight 100 point seasons, it is hard for someone to be a fan through all of that and not be a little biased and...spoiled.

Ugh. Just ask Liz. I have spent the last 3 years yelling at the TV screen telling him to shut the hell up. I love road games because Larry Murphy is the color guy and I really enjoy him. He talks more about the game than his personal feelings and he has no stupid sayings. Redmond talks about two things through every single Wings broadcast.1. The refs being idiots when they call every single penalty. He actually sounds like he is pouting it is that bad.2. Composite sticks. He hates them and if a Wings stick breaks we have to hear him spend an entire half period bitching about it.Daniels lately has sounded a little perturbed when the above rants start happening. I think he has pretty much had enough of having the same conversations over and over again. Daniels bugs me on one thing. "Datsukyian Deke!" everytime Datsyuk does something good. It's bad when I would rather watch Pierre McGuire do my Wings game.I posted on facebook about it and I have seemed to ruffled my dads ex girlfriends feathers.Oh and I am not that much of a homer!! You have to give me a break though, 19 straight playoffs and 10 straight 100 point seasons, it is hard for someone to be a fan through all of that and not be a little biased and...spoiled.
You are spot on again sir.agree on the Dastyukian thing, agree on the LMurphy thing (although for some reason I thought it was all3 of them that I heard a couple of times), and I totally recall the composite stick thing. I think one time he didnt let it go for like 5minutes!as far as the homer thing....I really ride you more on that for fun than anything. You have every right as a Wings fan to not only boast, but to literally LOVE your Wings. My favourite thing about both the Red Wings+Penguins is that not only are both successful franchises (obv Detroit for MUCH longer), but both are run with class, and it starts from the top and filters down to all the players. Detroits style of play is easily my favourite of any team in the last 10-15yrs. as well. Lidstrom would be god if he played for any team I followed. however, I apologize, but I am going against them this year. Phoenix is a favourite of mine, helped me greatly in the pools this year, and I watched probably more Phx games than any other non-Carolina team. I love them, and I hate that they are such huge underdogs in everyones eyes. I love me underdogs!
You are spot on again sir.agree on the Dastyukian thing, agree on the LMurphy thing (although for some reason I thought it was all3 of them that I heard a couple of times), and I totally recall the composite stick thing. I think one time he didnt let it go for like 5minutes!as far as the homer thing....I really ride you more on that for fun than anything. You have every right as a Wings fan to not only boast, but to literally LOVE your Wings. My favourite thing about both the Red Wings+Penguins is that not only are both successful franchises (obv Detroit for MUCH longer), but both are run with class, and it starts from the top and filters down to all the players. Detroits style of play is easily my favourite of any team in the last 10-15yrs. as well. Lidstrom would be god if he played for any team I followed. however, I apologize, but I am going against them this year. Phoenix is a favourite of mine, helped me greatly in the pools this year, and I watched probably more Phx games than any other non-Carolina team. I love them, and I hate that they are such huge underdogs in everyones eyes. I love me underdogs!
Sometimes Murph gets to be between the benches and to some stuff. Usually most home games.I hate Wings fans. Or at least the ones that I hear on the radio. I think people here act as if we are the best and it seems they like to whine much like Mickey does game after game. But they are the vocal ones so it's hard to tell what our fanbase is really like. But people were talking yesterday as if this is a walk through the park and now the panic has started. I don't get it. I was not one who reserved a room at the Over Confidence Inn in Broomville overlooking Sweep River. This was going to be a 6 7 game battle for sure.I think we missed a huge chance last night. Bryz was shaky and we didnt take advantage.
I think we missed a huge chance last night. Bryz was shaky and we didnt take advantage.
I love Bryzgalov. He had an amazing year. BUT, I worry about him coming apart now....last year he got tired in the 2nd half, and the team suffered. This year, he had some weaker games in March, but wasnt as consistently bad as last year. If he gets sloppy at all, they are toast. Im really impressed with Howard. Everything I read before this year told me he had been pretty average to bad in the minors, and if anything, Detroit was looking at other goalies in the farm (Larsson/other guys name slips me now) as the future.
now that i moved to cleveland, i don't get fsn detroit, and usually have to listen to the radio. I'm pretty happy about not hearing mickey redmond anymore. larry murphy is 1000x better.
not that i care, but why does cbc have the two americans game, and tsn has the canadian/american game. i always thought cbc got dibs on the canadian team.
They do a draft for the rights to each series, alternating or something like that, maybe even snake style.