Random Hockey Observations

Wow. I didn't watch the game yesterday, because as Zach tells me, I'm a horrible fan, but I just saw Bergeron's great play to keep the puck out of the net. It's entirely possible that we could have set the record for 3 short handed goals in 1 kill, and then still lost the game, missed playoffs from putting the puck in our own empty net on a delayed penalty. Sick stuff..

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Fighting with helmets and visors on can also cause injury.Boxing introduced gloves to protect hands not faces. I have no idea if that has anything to do with my point but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.
Of course. I'd rather see a guy break his hand than the other guy break hisbrain. Yes, even Matt Cooke.
Of course. I'd rather see a guy break his hand than the other guy break hisbrain. Yes, even Matt Cooke.
It's pretty well accepted that if you fight a guy with a visor, your first move should be to pop off the helmet. Visors shred hands. Bill Laforge, when he coached Hamilton and Niagara Falls back in the early 90's used to get his players to sharpen the edges of their visors, because it would put players out of commission for weeks.
I watch them!and if you didnt see it.......
That might be the best NHL goal I've ever seen. Just so perfect and fluid. Henrik's tip actually gave me shivers. The only other time I have gotten that way from watching a goal was Kariya's from the 2002 Olympics:
Wow. I didn't watch the game yesterday, because as Zach tells me, I'm a horrible fan, but I just saw Bergeron's great play to keep the puck out of the net. It's entirely possible that we could have set the record for 3 short handed goals in 1 kill, and then still lost the game, missed playoffs from putting the puck in our own empty net on a delayed penalty. Sick stuff..
That was an awesome play. Not only did he get there, but the amount of control he had to sweep away the puck, not knock it in and/or smash himself into the net was pretty impressive.
It's pretty well accepted that if you fight a guy with a visor, your first move should be to pop off the helmet. Visors shred hands. Bill Laforge, when he coached Hamilton and Niagara Falls back in the early 90's used to get his players to sharpen the edges of their visors, because it would put players out of commission for weeks.
Oh, I know that it's accepted and all that crap, but it's still disturbing, because it's so absurdly dangerous.Maybe introduce tear-away visors, lol.It's a catch-22. Visors make playing safer, but fighting more dangerous.

I'd just like to say how much we are missing Evander Kane at the Pacific Colosseum! Saw him play as a bantam kid in minor, as a Giant in junior and this is no surprise. He was never afraid to hit or stand up for himself. And a great kid too.

Buffalo vs New Jersey for the #2 seed in the East today, should be a good game.
bet365 has NJD as a -200 favorite, which I find absurd, unless I'm missing something wrt injuries, starting goalies, etc.
bet365 has NJD as a -200 favorite, which I find absurd, unless I'm missing something wrt injuries, starting goalies, etc.
I'm pretty sure Lalime is starting to give Miller a break.
Video of Kane knocking Cooke out. It does not make you a bad person if you wished a season ending concussion on Cooke.
I do think Cooke is a cheapshotting POS pest, but I'm gonna show him some love here. He got up, refused the stretcher and skated off on his own after getting KTFO fair and square. I very strongly doubt you'd see the other clowns like Avery or Kaleta take it like a man. Knew he'd just gotten what he had coming to him I think.

By my math, Daniel Sedin has actually averaged a higher PPG than Henrik. He could have been a serious contender for all the major awards this year if he hadn't gotten hurt.edit - not the Richard trophy I guess, but I don't consider that 'major.'

By my math, Daniel Sedin has actually averaged a higher PPG than Henrik. He could have been a serious contender for all the major awards this year if he hadn't gotten hurt.edit - not the Richard trophy I guess, but I don't consider that 'major.'
I think Hank has a higher PPG Avg than Daniel, but it's a TINY margin. Daniel's goals/game is a fair bit higher though. He could've MAYBE hit 40 goals this year if he'd played 82.Here's a question for you all now. If you could take any pair in the league to form 2/3 of your top line, who do you take? (I'm going for just the top 2 because lets face it, if you're the third on these lines, you get 60 points by default) Sedin/Sedin, Ovie/Backstrom come to mind this season in light of all the milestones being hit. Are there any other tandem's even CLOSE? Stamkos/St. Louis? Bozak/Kessel? :club:
I think Hank has a higher PPG Avg than Daniel, but it's a TINY margin. Daniel's goals/game is a fair bit higher though. He could've MAYBE hit 40 goals this year if he'd played 82.Here's a question for you all now. If you could take any pair in the league to form 2/3 of your top line, who do you take? (I'm going for just the top 2 because lets face it, if you're the third on these lines, you get 60 points by default) Sedin/Sedin, Ovie/Backstrom come to mind this season in light of all the milestones being hit. Are there any other tandem's even CLOSE? Stamkos/St. Louis? Bozak/Kessel? :club:
Are you talking about a tandem that regularly plays together, or is put out together sparingly - usually to kickstart some offense? Obviously I'm partial to Malkin/Crosby, but they don't normally play on the same even strength line.
Are you talking about a tandem that regularly plays together, or is put out together sparingly - usually to kickstart some offense? Obviously I'm partial to Malkin/Crosby, but they don't normally play on the same even strength line.
I'd say probably just tandems that play regularly together. Both being centres, Crosby/Malkin RARELY see time together, although that certainly isn't to say that isn't a potent combination as well.Edit: I might be forseeing a SJ Sharks argument coming up soon. I realize Thornton/Heatly/Marleau is a massive line, but I'm still convinced Joe Thornton is the worst player on his team past March.
I don't think Stamkos/St. Louis are close yet. Another season like this, and I'll consider it, but I don't think we can say they're at that level yet.Ovy/Backstrom get my nod, with Backstrom's defensive play covering for Ovechkin's...not. Both pairs signed long-term, and all the players have shown they can play without the other (except Daniel Sedin, who hasn't had to)...almost too close to call.
Not sure if anyone saw the Oilers game yesterday, but My bro played, they got out-shot 55-15 and won 4-3 in a shootout, wooo!
I watched it, and he was remarkable. The shootout was awesome, he's playing really well. And the Kings looked like they were firing on all cylinders...