• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

when i was 16 i played in a county cup rugby final (the teams were london scottish vs london irish which was a pretty big local rivalry). with about 20 minutes to go there was a pretty big hit in the game, followed by some pushing and shoving on the field, followed by some pushing and shoving on the sidelines and then a full blown fight between about 15-20 specators. i shit you not.it was probably the wierdest moment i have ever experienced playing or watching any sport. pretty much all the players just stood and watched as a group of dads got into it, with their wives trying to stop them. funnily enough that is all i can remember of that game, even though it was a cup final. you definitely need to control yourself as a parent!

I dont know how it is in Canada, but our learn to skates suck.Do one learn to skate and just go to an open skate and have fun.
Back in the 80s and 90s, Mt Lebanon rink had a great learn to play hockey program. It's where I learned to skate/play. Starting on their small rink with skating basics with a test on the skills to move up to the next level, eventually moving to the main rink with higher skating skills and puck skills. The problem now is kids are just signed up for a team with a couple of parents coaching that don't know how to teach basic skating skills.I'm sure there's a few rinks in the area that still have a less in depth program like MtL had, but I haven't done any research on it.
Back in the 80s and 90s, Mt Lebanon rink had a great learn to play hockey program. It's where I learned to skate/play. Starting on their small rink with skating basics with a test on the skills to move up to the next level, eventually moving to the main rink with higher skating skills and puck skills. The problem now is kids are just signed up for a team with a couple of parents coaching that don't know how to teach basic skating skills.I'm sure there's a few rinks in the area that still have a less in depth program like MtL had, but I haven't done any research on it.
DING DING DING! That is so right on the money: ask what qualifications the coaches have with your kids. I coached right up to the National Team level including university hockey, and I am COMPLETELY UNQUALIFIED to coach kids. I can teach them how to cycle a forecheck and how to switch off in the right place for defensive zone coverage, but I can't teach them how to skate or stickhandle properly. Put your kids in the hands of the people who teach THEIR age group all the time, not some parent who played single A hockey when he was 13 and thinks that qualifies him to teach kids...

Columbus in Atlanta, going on right now, looks at about 20% of crowd capacity.Evidently, I can take my son to the Thrasher game this Sunday at 5pm for free. Anyone under 12 doesnt pay for their ticket.

Columbus in Atlanta, going on right now, looks at about 20% of crowd capacity.Evidently, I can take my son to the Thrasher game this Sunday at 5pm for free. Anyone under 12 doesnt pay for their ticket.
The Thrashers days in Atlanta are numbered. They could be Blackberry Boy's next target.

So I was talking a month back about being traded from the Wings to the Oilers for Legace in my NHL09 Be A Pro game. I helped make the Oilers make the playoffs as the 7th seed (Detroit fell out of contention LOL! Suckers!)1st Round: won 4-1 vs Calgary2nd Round: won 4-1 vs Sharks3rd Round : won 4-2 vs ColumbusStanley Cup: won 4-1 vs the Toronto Maple Leafs.Yes, the Leafs were in the finals.I scored 13G and 8A in the playoffs and got my first career hatty in game 4 of the finals, actually scored 4 goals in that game.Garon won the Conn SmytheI won the CalderGot to the FA period and had for offers.3 yr one way Van3 yr one way Edm3 yr one way Bos3 yr one way DetI actually had to think about it for awhile but I chose Detroit.I will be starting on the 1st line with Smyth and Pavs. It's retardely fun winning the cup in this game.

The Leafs are always hilariously over valued in the EA games. I don't know why, but they always make deep playoff runs. I would have thought it would be Vancouver though, since EA is based out there.

The Leafs are always hilariously over valued in the EA games. I don't know why, but they always make deep playoff runs. I would have thought it would be Vancouver though, since EA is based out there.
The Leafs are Canada's team.
So I was talking a month back about being traded from the Wings to the Oilers for Legace in my NHL09 Be A Pro game. I helped make the Oilers make the playoffs as the 7th seed (Detroit fell out of contention LOL! Suckers!)1st Round: won 4-1 vs Calgary2nd Round: won 4-1 vs Sharks3rd Round : won 4-2 vs ColumbusStanley Cup: won 4-1 vs the Toronto Maple Leafs.Yes, the Leafs were in the finals.I scored 13G and 8A in the playoffs and got my first career hatty in game 4 of the finals, actually scored 4 goals in that game.Garon won the Conn SmytheI won the CalderGot to the FA period and had for offers.3 yr one way Van3 yr one way Edm3 yr one way Bos3 yr one way DetI actually had to think about it for awhile but I chose Detroit.I will be starting on the 1st line with Smyth and Pavs. It's retardely fun winning the cup in this game.
First things first, get NHL 10.In 10, I was drafted 8th overall by the Canadians. That sucked. Can't wait til FA when I can leave for a better team.
First things first, get NHL 10.In 10, I was drafted 8th overall by the Canadians. That sucked. Can't wait til FA when I can leave for a better team.
I would but no money for it. I still enjoy this though. I was playing the demo for 10 and I got drafted by Carolina. I would have to start over if that happened.
I would but no money for it. I still enjoy this though. I was playing the demo for 10 and I got drafted by Carolina. I would have to start over if that happened.
you would be in good company..This year they are going to get 1st overall