Dumbest Thing I've Ever Read On This Site

Obviously making a comparison between American Idol and terrorism seems absurd, and it is, but it helps illustrate my point If enough hateful people thought this prank was a good idea and ended up backing the winner, it would destroy the show. Completely destroy it in it's current form. The most likely scenario would be that America would no longer get to choose the winner. Either that, or the show would be cancelled entirely.
I'd be completely OK with this.........

Be honest now, Who else when they read the title of this thread:Replying to the dumbest thing I've ever read on this sitethought he was talking about one of their posts?

I just can't seem to see how relating/comparing terrorism to American Idol could seem rational. It's like saying the guy who cut in front of me in line at the supermarket reminded me of the evil that was Hitlers reprehensible deeds towards the Jewish people. The scales are just waaaay different. The fact is that the people that are sabotaging Idol are pointing out the fact that the viewers were already sinking the show. It's not a talent contest anymore, it's a popularity contest. Jesus christ man, Clay Aiken was a FINALIST!!!!!!

If some of ya'll were stuck so far up DN's ***, or took the time to get off his nuts for 5 seconds, you'd see that no matter what he writes below, it doesn't cover the dumbness of his first statement. Somebody playing a joke with the American Idol show has nothing to do with terrorism.Sure, terrorists don't want us to be happy. Guess what - I don't want Red Sox fans to be happy. Does that make me a terrorist? Idiots.
GD I KNEW IT! it's a yankees fan, makes perfect sense now.Walk in to traffic please.
I just can't seem to see how relating/comparing terrorism to American Idol could seem rational. It's like saying the guy who cut in front of me in line at the supermarket reminded me of the evil that was Hitlers reprehensible deeds towards the Jewish people. The scales are just waaaay different. The fact is that the people that are sabotaging Idol are pointing out the fact that the viewers were already sinking the show. It's not a talent contest anymore, it's a popularity contest. Jesus christ man, Clay Aiken was a FINALIST!!!!!!
Actually, this is a really good point. It's not about talent anymore, hasn't been for awhile. Was it ever? If you really wanted the best, would you hire Paula Abdul to pick them? "Straight Up." "Blowin kisses in the wind." "Rush,Rush.""Oppposites attract." Just a few of the "genius" that is Paula Abdul. The producers REALLY thought the judge should be the one who's big tour was with Tone Loc and Milli Vanilli? Come on- this show is about marketability and nothing else. Kelly Clarkson has done a few decent pop type songs but for the most part alot of the success has to do with kids/tweens watching this show and going,"Oh, he must be good, I should follow his career," when, really, most of the stuff churned out by these "stars" is pure fluff. Honestly, in my opinion the show lost all credibility when it decided to not edit the handicapped guy out in I think it was week 3 this years who sang "New York,New York" and sang it with gusto, except he sounded terrible and he pronounced the word York without a K. That really made me mad- it is a hoot to sit there in my boxers and laugh at the deluded, but to throw in a person who really doesn't know that they have no shot was just mean, and cruel. The whole point of the show the first 5 or 6 weeks is to show you 2 talented people and about 13 people who have no buisness holding a microphone and letting sound emit from there mouth. Anyone who thinks that this show is anything but that- a show, for entertainment- hasn't been watching long enough.

WTF? How does voteforrory.com "ruin" anything?I (and about a bajillion other people) happen to think it's an absolutely brilliant idea that does nothing other than reward the "working man" who toils in this life without reward.