Dumbest Thing I've Ever Read On This Site

It's a crying shame when a small group of people ruin things for the rest of us. It's a shame because they often get away with it, as they have this season with American Idol and how that site www.voteforrory.com also came close to making a mockery of the NHL All-Star game.Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish.
Way to show off that high school education, Daniel.

Just calling a spade a spade. I'm done reading his blow & the ignorant crap he posts. I used to be a big fan of Daniel.. watching him play cards. Would still be a fan if I hadn't started reading his blog.

It still is pretty weak ... for someone who (correctly) rails on the administration and Frist and Congress for linking Internet poker to terrorism, making the same analogy with Idol/NHL All-Star game seems rather heavy-handed.

Way to show off that high school education, Daniel.
You see, you have to keep reading. He acknowledges the absurdity of the comment further down. Or did your poor cranium get tired and need a break? Very predictable that someone would bash Daniel over this, which is probably why he made the later statements. Terrorists don't want you to be happy. They don't want you to enjoy things and if they can find a way to destroy something you enjoy, they'll try.Obviously making a comparison between American Idol and terrorism seems absurd, and it is, but it helps illustrate my point. If enough hateful people thought this prank was a good idea and ended up backing the winner, it would destroy the show. Completely destroy it in it's current form. The most likely scenario would be that America would no longer get to choose the winner. Either that, or the show would be cancelled entirely.

When it comes to politics and cultural views in general I agree with Daniel 95% of the time. I like his blog because of his candor, which is always refreshing, however with this American Idol thing he needs to take a chill pill. You would think he is the executive producer of the show the way he is carrying on in that blog. The terrorism comment was stupid. Yes, he explained that he made it knowing it sounds absurd, whatever, it is still a ridiculous comment to make with any degree of seriousness.Daniel more often than not injects alot of raw emotion into his blogs, which makes for entertaining reading and most of the time endears him to me. However it can occasionally make him look...well not so good. The Joe Rogan thing from a couple of months ago comes to mind. He obviously has strong opinions on this topic, but this time it's just coming across as silly to me.

Just calling a spade a spade. I'm done reading his blow & the ignorant crap he posts. I used to be a big fan of Daniel.. watching him play cards. Would still be a fan if I hadn't started reading his blog.
hahahahahaha...put my name on this list also

If some of ya'll were stuck so far up DN's ***, or took the time to get off his nuts for 5 seconds, you'd see that no matter what he writes below, it doesn't cover the dumbness of his first statement. Somebody playing a joke with the American Idol show has nothing to do with terrorism.Sure, terrorists don't want us to be happy. Guess what - I don't want Red Sox fans to be happy. Does that make me a terrorist? Idiots.

I obviously don't know, like anyone else here. But I don't really think terrorists perform their actions because they think it will impose their victims freedom. I'd think it's muh more likely that they do it out of hate and revenge. They wan't revenge and to cause death and pain to their enemies. I think that's more reasonable...

You all need to shutup about Daniel's blog. If you disagree with him, so be it. If you don't like what he writes then don't read it. And I believe this was already brought up before but let me stress again that, this is Daniel's site and his blog, so if you don't like what he wants to share in it, get the hell out. I don't agree with everything Daniel says in his blog, but I still enjoy reading his opinions and listening to his stories.It's so frustrating listening to some of you say that your less of a DN fan because of what he writes in his blog. We live in a world of many different cultures, and differing opinions, and its just plain ignorance if you believe that your opinion is the only one that matters or that everyone else is wrong. You can be a mature, respected adult and accept other people's opinions for what they are. EXACTLY THAT...THEIR OPINION. Does it mean that you should hate them because of it? No simply accept that its their opinion and move on!Simple as that

It's so frustrating listening to some of you say that your less of a DN fan because of what he writes in his blog. We live in a world of many different cultures, and differing opinions, and its just plain ignorance if you believe that your opinion is the only one that matters or that everyone else is wrong. You can be a mature, respected adult and accept other people's opinions for what they are. EXACTLY THAT...THEIR OPINION. Does it mean that you should hate them because of it? No simply accept that its their opinion and move on!
Nobody said anything about hating DN because of what he writes. He's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to call him an idiot because of what he writes also. If he doesn't want to hear that, he's welcome to ban me from the forums. Not going to make or break my day. Pardon me (and others) for not wanting to be a fan of someone who we don't like personally. It all started when he criticized the food in Tunica... :club:
Nobody said anything about hating DN because of what he writes. He's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to call him an idiot because of what he writes also. If he doesn't want to hear that, he's welcome to ban me from the forums. Not going to make or break my day. Pardon me (and others) for not wanting to be a fan of someone who we don't like personally. It all started when he criticized the food in Tunica... :club:
Right, because it's such wonderful nourishment, how dare I complain about the fact that they add lard to the bottled watter, lol. Dude, you are just "one of those people." You know for a fact that I never said there was a connection to terrorisom and AI. It's as though you really didn't even read what I wrote. It's as though your brain just "stopped" when you heard the words American Idol and terrorism. As though you wouldn't allow yourself to get past the notion of lumping the two together than you neglected to see that there was a valid point being made.

To be fair your blog has started having a different tone to it recently and I do think I think the "Tunica" was the turning point. It's your blog write however you feel. You knew going into his that you won't make everyone happy so you shouldn't be real surpised about this.I like it. A good arguement is always a lot of fun, it doesn't hurt to make people think...When are you going to set up HU match between you and JC??

To be fair your blog has started having a different tone to it recently and I do think I think the "Tunica" was the turning point. It's your blog write however you feel. You knew going into his that you won't make everyone happy so you shouldn't be real surpised about this.I like it. A good arguement is always a lot of fun, it doesn't hurt to make people think...When are you going to set up HU match between you and JC??
I wouldn't say that it's taken a "different" tone at all actually. If you look back, even to my earlier blogs, there was always a wide variety of stuff going into the blog.

"I wouldn't say that it's taken a "different" tone at all actually. If you look back, even to my earlier blogs, there was always a wide variety of stuff going into the blog. "Ok I scrolled back through 6 months or so and you appear to be correct. Maybe some of the topics are a little bit more on the edge or you are hitting some points a bit harder then a year ago. The Vegan thing I don’t get, if you chose it fine but…hell its your blog!!

I like the Blog. I don't agree with everything Daniel writes. Some even makes me a little mad sometime. But it is like talking to a guy and he is just talking back. Sometimes he takes "artistic license" which is how many of us relate.What drives me crazy is taking the his comments completely seriously when they are just figures of speech"I haven't eaten all day - I'm starving" becomes an "ignorant statement when there are people starving to death all over the world"Lighten up Francis.

Right, because it's such wonderful nourishment, how dare I complain about the fact that they add lard to the bottled watter, lol. Dude, you are just "one of those people."
Alrighty.. I put the "LOL" beside my Tunica comment because I was joking. But seriously.. how anybody cant like good cooking like that just blows my mind. Of course, you're likely to outlive me by several years also. :club:
You know for a fact that I never said there was a connection to terrorisom and AI. It's as though you really didn't even read what I wrote. It's as though your brain just "stopped" when you heard the words American Idol and terrorism. As though you wouldn't allow yourself to get past the notion of lumping the two together than you neglected to see that there was a valid point being made.
I never said that you made a connection to terrorism and American Idol (your comparison was obviously to the people trying to sabotage the show and terrorists). It's as though you really didn't even read what I wrote. It's as though your brain just "stopped" when someone called you out. As though you wouldn't allow yourself to possibly realize what an ignorant comparison you made.
Yes quoting only part of what he said instead of how he explained that the comparison was a stretch shows how highly educated you must be.
i was also about to write how he didn't quote the rest of daniel's statement
Alrighty.. I put the "LOL" beside my Tunica comment because I was joking. But seriously.. how anybody cant like good cooking like that just blows my mind. Of course, you're likely to outlive me by several years also. :)I never said that you made a connection to terrorism and American Idol (your comparison was obviously to the people trying to sabotage the show and terrorists). It's as though you really didn't even read what I wrote. It's as though your brain just "stopped" when someone called you out. As though you wouldn't allow yourself to possibly realize what an ignorant comparison you made.
Yeah. You called him out.
Hmmm....5 posts in one thread.Pretty impressive, seeing as you are not a fan and all.
"I wouldn't say that it's taken a "different" tone at all actually. If you look back, even to my earlier blogs, there was always a wide variety of stuff going into the blog. "Ok I scrolled back through 6 months or so and you appear to be correct. Maybe some of the topics are a little bit more on the edge or you are hitting some points a bit harder then a year ago. The Vegan thing I don’t get, if you chose it fine but…hell its your blog!!
I don't mean to be a ****... but you are one hell of an *** kisser..You point out changes in daniel's blog, but yet when he responds back to you, you completely change your opinion..

According to the Oxford dictionary an analogy is defined as ‘a comparison between one thing and another.’ Daniel makes perfectly logical comparisons regarding the destructive nature of Islamic terrorists, Tony Soprano, anti-American Idol campaigners and voterory supporters. What should have been obvious to those reading his blog was that he wasn’t comparing the end results sought by those aforementioned but their nihilistic thinking.p.s. If one wants to be taken seriously they should avoid responding with ad hominem (eg. criticizing ones level of education or saying ‘I’m right, you’re ignorant’ and leave it at that) and offer some intelligible counterargument.

According to the Oxford dictionary an analogy is defined as ‘a comparison between one thing and another.’ Daniel makes perfectly logical comparisons regarding the destructive nature of Islamic terrorists, Tony Soprano, anti-American Idol campaigners and voterory supporters. What should have been obvious to those reading his blog was that he wasn’t comparing the end results sought by those aforementioned but their nihilistic thinking.p.s. If one wants to be taken seriously they should avoid responding with ad hominem (eg. criticizing ones level of education or saying ‘I’m right, you’re ignorant’ and leave it at that) and offer some intelligible counterargument.
ZOMG!Bravo Bob! :club:(golf?)