Club De Hockey Canadien

Huh? Bouillon (along with Komisarik) is responsible for most of the toughness on the Habs blueline.
ya ands a thats huge problem. Last year he didn't hit nearly as much as the year before. If he can't contribute good agressiveness then he's not worth much at all and he doesn't have the size to be a tough guy for an entire season. O'byrne can throw his weight around very well, it won't take too long before we realize we need some more hitters, especially if our top 2 lines consist of Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Grabovski, Kostysin and Kovalev. Is Bouillion supposed to be the guy protecting them...
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I refuse to watch the Habs-Canes pregame show and puck drop right now. Watching the Angels - Red Sox game instead. The season starts at 7h30....However, Go Habs Go anyways...FCP Yahoo SilverSeven :F - A. KostitsynF - C. HigginsF - G. LatendresseD - M. KomisarekD - M. StreitD - P. Brisebois

THE SEASON STARTED!!!!WHAT A RELIEF!!!very happy with the win. Huet was very solid, but we got lucky the Canes didn't capitalize on many open nets. Huets stick save was amazing, what a steal!i wasn't happy with Brisebois and he got way too much ice time. Streit was rippiong those point shots, he took like 8 slaps shot from the line, he's going to be our defensive shooter, and what a goal!!! Kostopolous shouls not be on the 3rd line and smoky shouldn't be on th 4th, Dandenault should not be up front while Chipchura is in the stands. Carbo has to smarten up.The Kostysin*Grabovski-Kovalev line was stunning in the offensive zone, and we got to see some sick stick handeling by Kovalev, hes soo sick sometimes.here's too a good seasonkoivu_79564.jpg

i wasn't happy with Brisebois and he got way too much ice time. Here we go again.While I agree that 21 minutes may be too much for this guy, I think he actually played well the first 40 minutes. He made a few mistakes in the third, but let's not forget that he only played one preseason game and only resumed skating 2 weeks ago.From what I saw last night, I would play him on D 12-14 minutes a game over Dandenault any day of the week. At the very least, I'll give him a fair shot and won't get on his case that early in the season.I agree on our 2nd line. There's definitely great chemistry. Too bad we didn't get to see them more because of all the penalties.Let's crush Serge's team now.

i wasn't happy with Brisebois and he got way too much ice time. Here we go again.While I agree that 21 minutes may be too much for this guy, I think he actually played well the first 40 minutes. He made a few mistakes in the third, but let's not forget that he only played one preseason game and only resumed skating 2 weeks ago.From what I saw last night, I would play him on D 12-14 minutes a game over Dandenault any day of the week. At the very least, I'll give him a fair shot and won't get on his case that early in the season.I agree on our 2nd line. There's definitely great chemistry. Too bad we didn't get to see them more because of all the penalties.Let's crush Serge's team now.
Yes you should celebrate...you barely beat a non playoff team....Congrats...we will smoke you on Saturday night
Yes you should celebrate...you barely beat a non playoff team....Congrats...we will smoke you on Saturday night
So I guess you won't be impressed if the Habs beat Toronto on Saturday either right Serge? Since Toronto, last I checked, was also a "non-playoff team". :club:
Is Streit playing as a forward or defence when he isn't on the PP?
Hes going to be on D all season I think. He took the point shot a bunch of times in the game, hes going to be the new shooter I guess. He skates very well and moves the puck really effectively and has great vision. He did good up front last year but he's worth more on D IMO. Regardless, I think Carbo plans to keep him on D.
So I guess you won't be impressed if the Habs beat Toronto on Saturday either right Serge? Since Toronto, last I checked, was also a "non-playoff team". :club:
actually i meant this year...Leafs will be fighting for the top of the conference..while the habs and carolina struggle for 10th
actually i meant this year...Leafs will be fighting for the top of the conference..while the habs and carolina struggle for 10th
hahahaha I hope this is a joke? Leafs are going to miss the playoff AGAIN! oo no maybe Toskala is going to win the Vezina isn't he?Habs are going to kick Leaf's ass tonight! 4-1 HABS.
hahahaha I hope this is a joke? Leafs are going to miss the playoff AGAIN! oo no maybe Toskala is going to win the Vezina isn't he?Habs are going to kick Leaf's ass tonight! 4-1 HABS.
Hi PaszYeah...GO HABS GO...Toskala huh ? No shutout tonight...1-0 MontrééééééalEDIT...Doh 1-1EDIT...Big save by Huet like 15 seconds later...

PRICE IS IN FOR WEDNESDAY!!!Grabs is sitting out, so is breezer, Chipchura is in with Gorges.line should look like thisUp front: Chris Higgins-Saku Koivu-Michael Ryder Alex Kovalev-Tomas Plekanec-Andrei Kostitsyn Guillaume Latendresse-Bryan Smolinski-Tom Kostopoulos Steve Bégin-Kyle Chipchura-Mathieu Dandenault On defence : Andrei Markov-Mike Komisarek Josh Gorges-Roman Hamrlik Francis Bouillon-Mark Streitthe top 2 lines are solid, I wouldn't mind switching Kovalev and Higgins. Higgins-Pleks-Kotisyn were sick last year and we play Kovalev, Koivu-Ryder on the PP and they work well together. Anyways our 3rd line is a little weak. Latendress has to step i up this game or else he will be sitting out also. Lapierre definately has a a spot on the third line, give him a chance and he will take it over for sure, get Kotopulos off the third line.Im happy to see Gorges get a chance, hes young and needs ice time but 20 minutes would be too much I think. Brisebois is probably still recovering from playing soo much in those 2 games lol.With Price starting, I should be in good position to beat the Mustangs this week in the Yahoo pool. I predict a 4-2 win for Montreal. Plekanec 1G-1A, and it woud be nice if Higgins could net one. AND MOVE YOUR LEGS LATENDRESS!

I can't believe they're breaking up the Kovy-Grabs-Tits line. They seemed to have some bounce. :club:
it was making Carbo blush on camera whe he saw them sitting in front of him, now we can't have our coach looking like a douche with a half a shit eating smirk on his face can we...
gl tomorrow.I'm hoping the Pens spoil Price's debut, obv.
i think Price is going to own Crosby in long run. :club: . Price will be to the Pens what Brodeur is to the Habs.

Might have to sign up for RDS just to watch this game. Warm up before going to the canucks - Flyers game tonight. Saw Price three times last year agains the Giants, he is solid but I don't know if he is the Answer. Roy? I sure hope so. GO HABS GO

this game is a tough one to watch for me...Who do i cheer for...the Penguins or the Habs...Dare I say I want the Pens to demolish this rookie and send him back to where he came from...Yuck...I am cheering for the Penguins...I feel really dirty...

gg
tyty, props to Malkin for that sick pass.Great game, KOVALEV was on fire. He's off to a great start. Plekanecs looked awsome, he deserves the 2nd line center. Kostopulos and Gorges were soft. Price played a very composed game, the guy is big in nets and got us the W. A big win I am just extatic about.GO HABS GO!256076962_b2d43ea3fe.jpg

I am very happy with the warm welcome Brisebois got. I love this city sooo much right now, a fan/player emotional relationship like that doesn't happen anywhere else in the league but here.