Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

biased point, the best music shows in canada happen in montreal, if a band can be succesful in montreal its in very good shape. Bands love to play in montreal, its one of the best places in north america for them to play. Our festivals pwn Toronto's also. We party harder, don't close our bars at like 1 am. Also we have an identity that is unique to Quebec yada yada not here not now.Oh and we have alittle thing called F1 every year.Toronto is Huge population wise and has the TSX but I still believe Montreal ia better place to live. The vast majority of people i know who go to toronto to work or go to school say they would never want to stay. I wouldn't want to live there.We're not your little sister, more of a distant cousin.The real point is hockey runs deeper in the blood of Quebecers than in Ontario.We are a nation vibrating to the pulse of a hockey team. Look at the media attention they get, its crazy! Did you see the turn out for Maurice Richards funeral :club: incredible. The habs are a big family and the biggest members is the 7th player.
Ok my friend..No disrespect...we can agree to disagree....We both have our preferences...I just cant live in Montreal, but its a personal thing...And I am sure a lot of people feel that way about Toronto...Lets both agree that we have an amazing rivalry on the ice and lets hope it continues...Good luck to the Habs this year...You will need it.. :D
Ok my friend..No disrespect...we can agree to disagree....We both have our preferences...I just cant live in Montreal, but its a personal thing...And I am sure a lot of people feel that way about Toronto...Lets both agree that we have an amazing rivalry on the ice and lets hope it continues...
none takeni think our rivalry is one of the most beautiful thing in sports
Good luck to the Habs this year.
:club: TYVM
...You will need it.. :D
this actually pretty accurate. We have soo much potential that if everything goes really well we will do great this year, but if some key points of our team don't go so well we may be average again. We just missed the playoffs last year, but at mid season we were in a solid 4th position...

I enjoyed the spin this thread took earlier this week. Too bad I wasn't around to chime in.Just wanted to bump this to second Coesillian's posts arguing that Montreal pwns Toronto. Amen to that !!!I've lived in both cities and it is my belief that the only way someone can say Toronto is a better city is if their roots are solidly set in Toronto and/or if they do not appreciate the french canadian culture. Both are understandable arguments, home is home, fine, but it's not a rational position. The people in Montreal are much friendlier, the architecture is nicer and the cultural scene is much more vibrant. Our waterfront is not swamped with condos. Our summer festivals are sooo much better...I can drink a beer on Ste-Catherine, no chance to do that on the Danforth (that alone tilts the scale for me). And we have a mountain. And our strippers are hotter. Toronto has only one thing...more $$$, that's it, period.This is a debate that I could go on and on about, but this is the hockey forum, so the core issue is this one...Montreal Canadiens >>> Toronto Maple Leafs...ainec

I enjoyed the spin this thread took earlier this week. Too bad I wasn't around to chime in.Just wanted to bump this to second Coesillian's posts arguing that Montreal pwns Toronto. Amen to that !!!I've lived in both cities and it is my belief that the only way someone can say Toronto is a better city is if their roots are solidly set in Toronto and/or if they do not appreciate the french canadian culture. Both are understandable arguments, home is home, fine, but it's not a rational position. The people in Montreal are much friendlier, the architecture is nicer and the cultural scene is much more vibrant. Our waterfront is not swamped with condos. Our summer festivals are sooo much better...I can drink a beer on Ste-Catherine, no chance to do that on the Danforth (that alone tilts the scale for me). And we have a mountain. And our strippers are hotter. Toronto has only one thing...more $$$, that's it, period.This is a debate that I could go on and on about, but this is the hockey forum, so the core issue is this one...Montreal Canadiens >>> Toronto Maple Leafs...ainec
This is a joke right...THE PEOPLE IN MONTREAL ARE MUCH FRIENDLIER????....that really is hilarious...If you dont speak French the majority of people in Montreal treat you like you are an alien...And this is North America how can you get a job in a restaurant,bar or any other tourist place and not speak English...I dont want to make this a racist post against the French speaking part of Canada but I am just saying how I have been treated every time I have been in Montreal....And I go quite a bit. I have nothing against the french culture..My parents grew up with a french education and I respect that...However the french people in Montreal are the rudest people I have ever dealt with...and as you can see i have a French name.Again this is not a racist post against the French culture...I have been all across North America and to several countries in Europe...I have always been treated with respect as a tourist, EXCEPT in Montreal....Just because I cant speak French doesnt make me a less of a person.

Serge you base your judgement on the way you were treated as a tourist here. I'm referring to the quality of the city as a resident there, choosing to live in Montreal or Toronto. People are generally friendlier in the Montreal, that's my opinion. People I've met in various social settings in Toronto generally don't really like strangers. They don't care about your story and would kind of just rather you'd leave them alone. In Montreal, people look around when they walk on the sidewalk and they'll smile back if you smile at them. That never happened to me even once in Toronto, everybody stares at the sidewalk or looks away.As for the language issue, if you want to be a resident of Montreal, I think you should speak French. The same way I think hispanophones living in Miami should speak English and countless other examples around the world. I would not move to Berlin and not learn German just because I can easily get away with speaking English only. French is the language in this small part of North America. If you don't want to speak French, fine, but don't expect people not to judge you on that. However, don't get me wrong, that doesn't excuse people in the tourism industry to be rude towards english speaking only tourists. There are jerks everywhere.Three cheers for french-speaking Zach, I don't know if you're a better person than Serge, but you are a far more enjoyable FCPer in my book. Do you have any friends that are franco-ontarian ? Do you get to practice your French at all since you've been in school ?

Three cheers for french-speaking Zach, I don't know if you're a better person than Serge, but you are a far more enjoyable FCPer in my book. Do you have any friends that are franco-ontarian ? Do you get to practice your French at all since you've been in school ?
lol, being a better person than serge was a jopke, obv.I actually did French Immersion since senoir kindergarten, all the way through high school. Unfortunately, I didn't take any classes in University, in French, and really haven't had the need to use it. I'm very much english, lol.The only time I ever really speak French is if I'm hammered and meet other french people. In Cancun I met some chick from France, and tried to speak french, and in Winnipeg I spoke french a ton, when I was hammered. I'm sure it was the most butchered French ever.lol, also, in Cancun, cuz I spoke french, I thought I could speak spanish while I was drunk... hahahaha... to the cops... hahahahaha
lol, also, in Cancun, cuz I spoke french, I thought I could speak spanish while I was drunk... hahahaha... to the cops... hahahahaha
lmao....that night must have been quite a story !

Sorry to break up the eHarmony party, but...Latendresse has come into camp 10 pounds lighter and much, much quicker.By all accounts, A. Kostitsyn looked absolutely amazing in camp yesterday.

Sorry to break up the eHarmony party, but...Latendresse has come into camp 10 pounds lighter and much, much quicker.By all accounts, A. Kostitsyn looked absolutely amazing in camp yesterday.
Yes, they played an intersquad game and Kostitsyn scored 2 goals with laser wristers and set up Latendresse with an amazing pass after beating the d-man 1-on-1 with a huge burst of speed.Both are members of the Yahoo SilverSeven... :club:
Serge you base your judgement on the way you were treated as a tourist here. I'm referring to the quality of the city as a resident there, choosing to live in Montreal or Toronto. People are generally friendlier in the Montreal, that's my opinion. People I've met in various social settings in Toronto generally don't really like strangers. They don't care about your story and would kind of just rather you'd leave them alone. In Montreal, people look around when they walk on the sidewalk and they'll smile back if you smile at them. That never happened to me even once in Toronto, everybody stares at the sidewalk or looks away.As for the language issue, if you want to be a resident of Montreal, I think you should speak French. The same way I think hispanophones living in Miami should speak English and countless other examples around the world. I would not move to Berlin and not learn German just because I can easily get away with speaking English only. French is the language in this small part of North America. If you don't want to speak French, fine, but don't expect people not to judge you on that. However, don't get me wrong, that doesn't excuse people in the tourism industry to be rude towards english speaking only tourists. There are jerks everywhere.Three cheers for french-speaking Zach, I don't know if you're a better person than Serge, but you are a far more enjoyable FCPer in my book. Do you have any friends that are franco-ontarian ? Do you get to practice your French at all since you've been in school ?
Ok enough of the French -English issue...The beauty of Canada is we both have our opinion, and we can all live under one flag...I respect your views..Just for the record I can get by with my French..The main issue here is that the Montreal Canadiens are excited about Latendresse...The Leafs are in a totally different universe...We are so good right now.

for the record I will not get involved in the language debate here, but let it be known that alot of people live in Montreal without ever learning french, alot of people demand being served in english, and some places can hardly accomodate french speaking people.anyways here is the line up for the game tomorrow, gonna watch this on RDS :club::D:D

The roster for Monday's exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins has been announced. Here's a look at who will face the Pens. In nets, it will be Cristobal Huet and Yann Danis. On the blue line, Guy Carbonneau will go with Andrew Archer, Andrei Markov, Mark Streit, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Carle and Josh Gorges. The forward lines will be made up of Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Janne Lahti, Garth Murray, Michail Grabovsky, Tomas Plekanec, Kyle Chipchura, Corey Locke, Alex Kovalev, Jonathan Ferland, Tom Kostopoulos and Duncan Milroy.
should be fun to see sergei and andrei play on the same line
last year aaron downey said Latendress was one of the chubbiest players he ever saw in a dressing room.I hope he used the offseason to get stronger, if he gained muscle mass and lost weight he will be alot faster, which he'll need if he wants to be on the second line with plekanecs and kovalev.
  • 2 weeks later...

Last cuts were just announced.Jaroslav Halak, Ryan O'Byrne and Maxim Lapierre were sent down to Hamilton.Which leaves us with :Higgins - Koivu - RyderKostitsyn - Grabovski - KovalevLatendresse - Plekanec -SmolinskiBegin - Chipchura - KostopoulosMurrayMarkov - KomisarekHamrlik - BriseboisStreit - BouillonDandenault - GorgesHuet - PriceAre you guys happy with these cuts ?

Bouillon doesn't bring much to the team. I expect nothing good out of Brisebois. O'byrne should get a good chance to make the line up this season. Dandeneault can be used up front. Murray should never get to see any ice time this season. If Begin doesn't have a good season and continues to be injury prone, lapierre should get his spot.

Bouillon doesn't bring much to the team. I expect nothing good out of Brisebois. O'byrne should get a good chance to make the line up this season. Dandeneault can be used up front. Murray should never get to see any ice time this season. If Begin doesn't have a good season and continues to be injury prone, lapierre should get his spot.
Huh? Bouillon (along with Komisarik) is responsible for most of the toughness on the Habs blueline.