Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

sorry i missed that..why cant you pull your goalie there...?
Kovalev just got a penalty and the faceoff was in Montreal's end with 2 seconds left in the period. Montreal made their change and then the ref put up his arm to indicate that Boston could now make their change as they have home ice advantage. After the linsman fiddled and fucked around the Bruins then decided to pull Thomas for an extra attacker. That change should not have been allowed.

I dont know if it was that Montreal was good but Boston was brutal...That was one of the worst 5-3 s I ever saw...Montreal kept them to the outside with no close shots...I guess it was the great Montreal d there...

I dont know if it was that Montreal was good but Boston was brutal...That was one of the worst 5-3 s I ever saw...Montreal kept them to the outside with no close shots...I guess it was the great Montreal d there...
Yeah that was terrible. The Bruins started off the year with a decent powerplay, but it's gone downhill. The only good thing is that it can't get any worse.Last week my friend bet me $20 that Montreal wouldn't even make the playoffs. Easiest $20 I ever made. I'm wondering if I should talk him into betting me that they finish top 4 in the conference.
I almost don't care who wins this game.... what a phenomenonal hockey game from both the Sens and the Habs..... this is what is great about the game...
I had all sorts of errands to run this afternoon but I couldn't leave that game. Tough loss for MTL though.

On one hand i am happy that Montreal blew it..On the other hand it would of been good if Ottawa lost...oh well at least they both didnt pick up points..

Montreal needs to work on...1. faceoffs2. puck recovery (especially in the defensive zone)
3. Not going into a defensive shell when we have leads, it does not suit our team4. Huet needs to stop being the anti-clutch. I'm tired of seeing him play great for 55 minutes and then being forced to lose 5 years off my life as I watch him fight the puck for the last 5. Neither of those goals, especially Neil's should have gone in. Why is Boullion on the ice with 5 mins left to go? Let alone again with 230 to go?
4. Huet needs to stop being the anti-clutch. I'm tired of seeing him play great for 55 minutes and then being forced to lose 5 years off my life as I watch him fight the puck for the last 5. Neither of those goals, especially Neil's should have gone in.
It's extremely difficult to stop a shot you don't see.

Fisher was sort of there on the 1st one, but I don't remember any kind of a screen on the second goal? Maybe I missed it shrug. All I know is I never feel safe with a 1 goal lead and Huet in net shrug, he just doesn't seem like a calm big game goalie to me. But hopefully he proves me dead wrong, I wouldn't mind looking like a dumbass on this one in the future.

Fisher was sort of there on the 1st one, but I don't remember any kind of a screen on the second goal? Maybe I missed it shrug. All I know is I never feel safe with a 1 goal lead and Huet in net shrug, he just doesn't seem like a calm big game goalie to me. But hopefully he proves me dead wrong, I wouldn't mind looking like a dumbass on this one in the future.
Carbo should consider having Huet play the first two periods and bring in Price for the third.
3. Not going into a defensive shell when we have leads, it does not suit our team
agreed, I hate it when they try to sit on a lead and tehn end up blowing it.A very disapointing loss, we shutout ottawa for 55 min and don't even have a point to show for it. A Win in the ACC is what the doctor recomends as a fix.
agreed, I hate it when they try to sit on a lead and tehn end up blowing it.A very disapointing loss, we shutout ottawa for 55 min and don't even have a point to show for it. A Win in the ACC is what the doctor recomends as a fix.
good luck with that...2008 heads up record..Toronto 2 Montreal 0
good luck with that...2008 heads up record..Toronto 2 Montreal 0
our record is 0-1-1 in my books.and we have the advantage of being in the ACC where the Laffs suck more than usual.

Montreal, not Toronto, is where the real rivalry lieshttp://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...k=20422&p=1"While the Toronto Maple Leafs will always hold sway as the most despised team to come into Ottawa, the Leafs don't measure up on the ice. They can't skate with the Senators, but compete on gumption. In three consecutive victories against its traditional rival, Ottawa has outscored Toronto 12-6.The Mismatch of Ontario.Ottawa fans will always relish the thrill of victory over Toronto, but it generally comes without the thrill of the spectacle.The Canadiens are where the fun is. They're young, fast and feisty, arriving yesterday with a 9-3-3 record, second in the Eastern Conference behind only the record-setting Senators and their 13-2 start.The Canadiens have the best power play in the NHL and the most exciting goaltending prospect, Canadian world junior team graduate Carey Price.Having participated in the first meeting between the teams here on Oct. 18, a 4-3 victory for the Senators, Price had the best seat in the house, at the end of the Canadiens bench, to take in the action yesterday.And what action there was in this Game of the Year."Wayne Scanlan, The Ottawa Citizen

bumped for DM and coesillian. All unite vs. the Leafs !Carey Price in net tonight at the ACC. I've liked what I've seen from Price all year (lol except for that softie 31 seconds in to Redden...). Obv he's really big in net but has awesome anticipation for a guy that has only played at NHL speed for like 2 months. I'm looking forward to this one. If the Habs play like they did Saturday, they'll run through the Leafs.I'm looking for Komisarek, Higgins, Koivu, Plekanec and Kovalev to have big games, they've been the most consistent performers up till now. Carbonneau is sticking with Ryder on the first line ot start the game, but his patience has to be running thin... Begin is back and is playing the 4th line with Chipchura and Dandenault. That unit should stick together, but look for some line juggling from the Habs bench bosses through this game.

the funniest statement i heard all day..THEY WILL RUN THROUGH THE LEAFS...lolThe only way that will happen is if they get 20 power plays..the key for us is to score early and stay out of the box...Good luck , may the best team win..

the funniest statement i heard all day..THEY WILL RUN THROUGH THE LEAFS...lolThe only way that will happen is if they get 20 power plays..the key for us is to score early and stay out of the box...Good luck , may the best team win..
So the Isles and the Caps must have had 20 power plays each as well.You have to admit Serge it's possible.