Club De Hockey Canadien

The Peverley goaltender interference call was just as much a penalty as the Desharnais interference call.Would you rather they call both or neither? Those are your only two choices.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Seriously though...I think the game would gain in popularity if the main rules were more easily understandable.:club:
so true. But every major sport has it.try figuring out the strike zone in baseball, or what a foul is in the NBA.
I will be surprised if the Habs' season doesn't end tonight. But this team has surprised me a lot this year.
Surprise!Man, it should have been 3-1, as that early goal should have counted but the stupid ass ref decided to be in a place where he couldn't see the fckn puck and blew it dead. Is this tendency exploitable? Will goaltenders (and others) find a way to manipulate ref positioning? By the same token, there was an early-ish whistle late in the game in the Habs end, so...Does it go both ways?

Exploitable? lol what? It's a simple mistake that happens 100 times in hockey games. The whistle went like an hour before the puck went in the net. The ref made the right call, based on his positioning (which was proper). Nothing you can do. It's a zero-sum call anyways, just random thing that can go either way, and will even out over the long run.

Exploitable? lol what? It's a simple mistake that happens 100 times in hockey games. The whistle went like an hour before the puck went in the net. The ref made the right call, based on his positioning (which was proper). Nothing you can do. It's a zero-sum call anyways, just random thing that can go either way, and will even out over the long run.
Come on Zach! I can definitely see goalies exploiting this. A player is coming down the ice at about 30km/h...the goalie looks around to see where the ref is...the player shoots and the goalie intentionally bobbles it in a way that the ref can't see the puck. The ref blows his whistle because he loses sight of the puck and thinks the goalie covered up. Haha! Exploited! The goalie then proceeds to trash-talk the ref."How. Does. That. Feel. Mr. Ref? You feel exploited? You're my bitch now!"
Surprise!Man, it should have been 3-1, as that early goal should have counted but the stupid ass ref decided to be in a place where he couldn't see the fckn puck and blew it dead. Is this tendency exploitable? Will goaltenders (and others) find a way to manipulate ref positioning? By the same token, there was an early-ish whistle late in the game in the Habs end, so...Does it go both ways?
The bad calls went both ways tbh

They just showed it and I said it when it happened live...the play should have been whistled dead because Ryder knocked it down with a highstick in the neutral zone.Also, Ference is a piece of fucking shit.

My suggestion on "expoitable" may be naive in the context of the speed of the game, but if an official takes a standard position, isn't it possible to use that as a screen of some type? As far as the call goes, yes, it was the right call and I wasn't disputing that (the whistle had gone). But consider that there are 4 official on the ice. None of them are in position to see that the puck is loose? Come on!And fuck Ference, that piece of shit.

My suggestion on "expoitable" may be naive in the context of the speed of the game, but if an official takes a standard position, isn't it possible to use that as a screen of some type? As far as the call goes, yes, it was the right call and I wasn't disputing that (the whistle had gone). But consider that there are 4 official on the ice. None of them are in position to see that the puck is loose? Come on!And fuck Ference, that piece of shit.
How could they possibly exploit it? What motive would they have?Ference will probably get a suspension because it's not a game 7 coming up and it will provide evidence that Boston players can get suspended.

I love PK Subban's game. I just love watching him play hockey, simple as that. He might actually be in the top 10 of players I would pay to watch right now in the NHL. I work occasionally with this guy who knows PK well, used to coach him in hockey, and I think runs camps with him and is still tight with PK+the family. (For those of you who saw the Habs/PK stuff at the auction I did, it was from him) He's been raving to me about PK for years, and I have to admit, he was dead on. Just a treat to watch. I still havent seen him doing anything that I find offensive in any way. Im usually pretty impatient with showboats, but I just dont see that much from this guy. Him+Price is a very very nice foundation.

I love PK Subban's game. I just love watching him play hockey, simple as that. He might actually be in the top 10 of players I would pay to watch right now in the NHL. I work occasionally with this guy who knows PK well, used to coach him in hockey, and I think runs camps with him and is still tight with PK+the family. (For those of you who saw the Habs/PK stuff at the auction I did, it was from him) He's been raving to me about PK for years, and I have to admit, he was dead on. Just a treat to watch. I still havent seen him doing anything that I find offensive in any way. Im usually pretty impatient with showboats, but I just dont see that much from this guy. Him+Price is a very very nice foundation.
I also love Subban's game. I remember him during the World Juniors in Ottawa and thought wow this kid can play. The stuff with showboating like when he scored the 3rd goal and said to the crowd "what happen?", well it is priceless. I can't get enough of it. I also believe he was one of the 1st guys over to see Price. However I don't blame Price for that goal, Subban had a chance to get it out but did not.My 1 question about the kid is during the handshakes, was he not smiling going through the line? That is the only negative I can since if he is competitive, no smiling is allowed until a week later.
How could they possibly exploit it? What motive would they have?Ference will probably get a suspension because it's not a game 7 coming up and it will provide evidence that Boston players can get suspended.
How? I dunno. I see no practical method of doing so...I'm asking a question to generate discussion and opinion more than anything. Motive probably doesn't even factor into it, unless it has to do with not knowing where the puck is and spreading one's body enough to "cover" an area they think the puck is in.I don't expect to make penecillin out of mold every time I ask questions like this. (Translation: My thinking and methodology may be flawed, but that doesn't mean some modicum of consideration shouldn't be applied)
Not that I am expecting a response but i need to ask:It is pretty common knowledge that this guy pisses off a lot of the NHL, especially old school players. Also reports that he pisses off his own teammates. Some NHL players have even gone on record to say they dont like his act and attitude. There is been hints of cheap shots and very shady play that is documented.He has amazing talent. I saw him play when he was in the AHL and I knew he would be an impact player for the Habs. You are one of the people who is always commending gentlemanly play and sportsmanship..A guy like Ron Francis...His act is growing thin amongst a lot of people. Sure he is still a rookie, but someone needs to sit him down and change his ways.He needs to watch the great defenceman and learn a few things from them.
Not that I am expecting a response but i need to ask:It is pretty common knowledge that this guy pisses off a lot of the NHL, especially old school players. Also reports that he pisses off his own teammates. Some NHL players have even gone on record to say they dont like his act and attitude. There is been hints of cheap shots and very shady play that is documented.He has amazing talent. I saw him play when he was in the AHL and I knew he would be an impact player for the Habs. You are one of the people who is always commending gentlemanly play and sportsmanship..A guy like Ron Francis...His act is growing thin amongst a lot of people. Sure he is still a rookie, but someone needs to sit him down and change his ways.He needs to watch the great defenceman and learn a few things from them.
whats your question?My comments were that, yes, I hear+read the same stuff you guys do. But watching him play, and as much a tight ass as I can be, I dont really see anything he does that feels over the line. What, he gave the crowd a hand to the ear? Thats really not anything I find an egregious lack of character. Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes, or maybe NHL players are mostly racist. I dont know. What are "his ways" that you are referring to? No offense, but I dont expect to have a real discussion with you on the merits of a Habs player.Wayne, I kinda get what you mean about the smiling, youd like to see him broken up about the loss.....but I almost envy+respect the way he brushes it off, after giving it everything hes got during the game. Its over, we lost, lets move on. I like the "Im gonna kill someone or myself" look Toews gave after game 7 too, but to each his won. I feel like PK shows in his play he wants it as much as anyone else on the ice. Maybe Hab fans can correct me if Im wrong, but I dont see him dog it. Some Def miscues, but whats a young def. who doesnt need to mature as a player.

It's literally just retarded media shit. Serge, you'd be all over the media's stupidity if he played in Toronto, instead you're buying into it.So what he pisses off people on the other teams? That's good!The Hal Gill thing you read about, pissing his own teammates off? From what I read, that was just a semi-joking thing to do, and Gill has taken a role as a mentor for him on that club, a father figure of sorts. One thing like that can be taken so out of context by people who don't know the everyday atmosphere and inner workings of a particular room.