Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Never thought about the locking the player for longer angle..

I somehow think that no matter what is said, if a long term deal isnt reached before UFA status, PK is not staying...

I somehow think that no matter what is said, if a long term deal isnt reached before UFA status, PK is not staying...

You could be right, but I don't think there are any absolutes in this. If it gets ugly at all though, its entirely possible, but I would bet 99/100 he is still a Hab for at least the next 5 years if not much more.

None of us thought it would get to arbitration, but here we are..

Is their any chance of the following scenarios:

A) Habs walk away..This would seem silly and not even an option.

B) Habs try and trade Subban during the year or at the deadline.

C) PK demands a trade

I know all 3 scenarios seem out there, but we have seen from previous arbitration rulings the player and the team relationship is soured and lot of occasions the player isnt with team long term.

1. I doubt Subban heard anything during arbitration he hasn't already been told.

2. If there are so few cases that actually make it to arbitration then how can you suggest there's a precedent for players being soured?

3. I'd love to be a player agent. How does one become one?

1. I doubt Subban heard anything during arbitration he hasn't already been told.

2. If there are so few cases that actually make it to arbitration then how can you suggest there's a precedent for players being soured?

3. I'd love to be a player agent. How does one become one?

Start with going to law school

8 years $65 million

Free dance lessons from Marc Bergevin and all the burritos he can eat.

* I made all that up

$72 million. Fair deal though he would have gotten more on the open market. I would honestly be ecstatic if he was on the Leafs on an 8x$12m deal

I suspect they were playing hard ball with him, the realized the repercussions if they let him sign a 1 year deal and potentially piss him off, and they just gave in at the last minute and gave him what he wanted, or close to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Alexei Kovalev rips PK:

"I'm not saying that he isn't a good hockey player - he's not the guy," he said. "He's a risky defenceman and he's a wide open defenceman. What I'm saying is that he can give up five goals and score five goals, and the score's still going to be zero-zero.

So if for example, he saves five goals and scores five goals, that's a different style of hockey. So I always compare him with (former Rangers teammate) Brian Leetch, because he wants to play the same kind of style and be more offensive. He's not making the right decisions. He's making the risky plays, he's not making the right decisions sometimes. He just plays like we used to play on the street...street hockey."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459761

He's wrong. It's pretty well established that the habs in the last couple years have been a cup contender calibre team when PK is on the ice, and an average to below average team when he is off.

He's wrong. It's pretty well established that the habs in the last couple years have been a cup contender calibre team when PK is on the ice, and an average to below average team when he is off.

I dont know..Kovalev's english might be not helping him here.

PK admittedly is no Scott Stevens. He isnt the greatest defensive dman to play the game. But he can control the game with his explosive offense...Does he make the Habs better, absolutely.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for either.

• Like 2