Club De Hockey Canadien

WTF is Gionta celebrating there? A 4-3 loss instead of a 4-2 loss? Idiot! He needs to go.

His wife's name is Harvest.

Harvest Gionta.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

what do you think about it as somebody who sees most of their games

I'm glad they signed him. He brings more of the tough, shutdown type of D the Habs don't get from some of their other dman. I really don't care how much any of them get paid as long as they have room for the other guys. I do think he'd get more than that if he was on the open market.

Subban will likely get close to twice as much $ and twice as long.

@FredPoulin98: The #Canadiens now hold the #NHL record for most blocked shots in a regular-season game with 38, record they broke against the #Blues.

Is it true there is a rift between Therrien and PK?

I read that Therrien sees PK as a defensive liability and sat him for most of the last few minutes and the OT.

If so, can the Leafs make a trade for this player, we like to bring him home ...To his hometown.

Thanks

Odd play in the Habs/TB game...

TB shot from the point went in, but the play continued. They reviewed the play during the next stoppage and saw that TB scored, but they called the goal off because of incidental contact.

I don't understand how they can make that call. A TB player was in the crease and did interfere with Price, but isn't that a call that needs to be made live? I'm pretty sure goaltender interference is non-reviewable. Sure they can go back and see if the puck crossed the line, but how can they then call the interference when they didn't originally?

Odd.

Kerry Fraser will know.

The only explanation I can think of is they let the play continue without making the interference call because Montreal gained control of the puck.

Yeah, if they didn't think the puck went in, and they weren't calling a penalty, just would have disallowed the goal, then that could happen. Kinda sketchy, though. I was going to say why even review it, but I guess they rolled the clock back after.

@kfraserthecall: @CanadianGothic Play allowed to continue unless puck had been deemed to enter net in which case goal disallowed. Play stop if penalty called

I also told him "great non-call in '93."

I've seen that once before I believe. Sort of. Shot looked to go in and cross line. I think goal was signaled. Go to review, puck does or doesn't cross line, can't remember, but Holmstrom shown interfering with goalie and goal is disallowed and penalty given. No penalty was signaled during actual play.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dale, do you have any thoughts on Nathan Beaulieu? His future? His fantasy usefulness?

I just picked him up in a trade in the FCHL (Phaneuf and Demers + 50 cents for Bjugstad and Beaulieu).

Hey Dale, do you have any thoughts on Nathan Beaulieu? His future? His fantasy usefulness?

I just picked him up in a trade in the FCHL (Phaneuf and Demers + 50 cents for Bjugstad and Beaulieu).

First you trade the next Bobby Orr in the AHL and now you trade the captain of god's team..

You are slowly losing your fans Penguin boy...Be careful..

He's definitely got good offensive upside...good mobility and hockey sense. He's learning the other things it takes to be an NHL dman. He needs to get stronger. The Habs will let him develop and use him as an injury replacement when needed. I see him as a Markov/Diaz replacement somewhere down the line.

That's Beaulieu and Gelinas; do you have Simon Despres too? They won the Memorial Cup together with Saint John. Beaulieu had the most points of the three.