Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

:D

I do find attempting a legal body check and sucker punching/attacking someone like that different enough to draw a line between them, whether you agree or not.

I don't think Subban should be suspended, though.

Is there a history between Subban and Pacioretty?

I think they fought each other during a practice

not a fight here (couldn't find if they did), but this happened

also, there's a sportsnet.ca article that talks about a dust up between the two in the title, but then the article isn't there when I open it.

Maybe for the sucker punch that started it, I don't believe there is a written rule regarding continuing to fight once you are lying on the ice

What would he be suspended for, punching too much? I dont have my rule book, is that a thing?

no but I think you can suspend for instigating by discretion. happened to Carkner last year... "message sending" or whatever I guess. McKenzie seems to think the NHL will look at this, but I doubt anything more comes of it.

what, now this is a thing? wtf, like they are the only teammates who fight in practice? come on guys.

just googled to answer a question... nothing wrong with teammates fighting occasionally, but if it's your best two young stars, and it becomes a running issue, that could be a problem.

for instigating by discretion.

I have no idea how the NHL reads players minds, but I think its amazing that they can.

Like, they know when a fight is just a good old hockey fight, and when its instigating by discretion. LOL, this league has become a joke.

what, now this is a thing? wtf, like they are the only teammates who fight in practice? come on guys.

Well added to what happened tonite it might be.

CBC ripped Subban tonight. I'm sure the media is going to have a field day

just googled to answer a question... nothing wrong with teammates fighting occasionally, but if it's your best two young stars, and it becomes a running issue, that could be a problem.

I think its Subban. He has that "attitude problem".

(note, read the subtext into attitude problem. For some, that means "he's black")

I have no idea how the NHL reads players minds, but I think its amazing that they can.

Like, they know when a fight is just a good old hockey fight, and when its instigating by discretion. LOL, this league has become a joke.

think i worded wrong... typing hard with one hand

I think its Subban. He has that "attitude problem".

(note, read the subtext into attitude problem. For some, that means "he's black")

i like subban

Well added to what happened tonite it might be.

CBC ripped Subban tonight. I'm sure the media is going to have a field day

I think CBC does a great job of selling drama to their viewers.

Especially when those viewers are mostly Leafs fans who want to hate that guy with the "attitude problem" on the Habs.

• Like 1

PJ Stock is a troll.

he's just not very smart is all

I think Elliott Friedman shows amazing restraint in not just losing it and calling all the others on the panel brain dead morons.

he's just not very smart is all

I think Elliott Friedman shows amazing restraint in not just losing it and calling all the others on the panel brain dead morons.

I think Kevin Weeks is ok...Healy and Stock are there to cause controversy..But all those guys played in the NHL, Friedman not so much.

I dont think calling out Subban was being a troll..Stuff like what happened between Subban and Pacioretty, you dont see very often. 2 team mates "fighting" during a game.

For those that missed it:

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/pk-subban-and-max-pacioretty-argue/16a4gii0u?cpkey=788ed68f-98f9-45ce-8ab3-e8e13bb1527b%257c%257c%257c%257c

... and sometimes people are just trying to hurt, not injure.

You mean like every single bodycheck in the game? What about the multiple elbows in head by Habs in game 3? What about the ~12 crosschecks to Latendresse at the end of game 2? ffs, nice try to twist what I wrote out of context.

Pretty sure that was directed at something Zach said a few days ago. Defensive much?

I have to assume that you haven't read the last ~2 pages of this thread then.

After watching a few clips, I have come to the conclusion that Bourque deserves a suspension for his elbow, Therrien deserves a suspension for putting out a goon line after the 4-1 goal (I know there is no precedent for this, but it is absolutely a joke that a coach can do that, and it not be considered suspension-worthy), White probably deserves an instigator for starting the fight at 4-1 (arguable), and Subban unquestionably deserves a long suspension for instigator, abuse of refs, and whatever the hell else you want to call it when you climb over a ref who is protecting a player with punches flailing. I'm ok with Subban not getting extra penalties in game, because it wouldn't be clear to a ref how clearly he instigated that fight. But if I'm watching tape, and I see Subban just attack Turris with his head turned, then continue punching him onto the ice (he outweighs him by 25+ pounds), that is suspension-worthy, no doubt.

If I'm the Senators, and there are no suspensions (sounds like there won't be), I don't feel like I have a choice but to send Neil or some of my AHL guys out against Subban, Pacioretty, and anyone else that I think need to get hurt for the opponents to stop attacking my players.

Fwiw, I'm not pretending that what the Habs did in this game is any worse than plenty of teams have done in similar situations.

I think Kevin Weeks is ok...Healy and Stock are there to cause controversy..But all those guys played in the NHL, Friedman not so much.

what is the significance of that?