Club De Hockey Canadien

"Is that really the answer you're going with? That's similar to the answer my children give me when I ask them why they hit their brother or sister. Because they hit me."

Really? Nice lame attempt at being patronizing.

Which hit was at a higher speed, and more far more targeted?

Sorry, I find it extremely annoying when someone continuously refuses to answer a direct question.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Any suspension in this case is pointless unless it is a suspension of considerable length designed to prevent it from happening again. The loss of Gryba pales in comparison to the loss of Eller. Even if they made a player sit out as long as the injured player was out it wouldn't matter.

I think you're underestimating Gryba. He's not a top pairing guy, but he's not an AHL player anymore. He's played his way into the top 6 on merit. There are no more injuries on their back end. He's there to be a physical, defensive guy, which is quite important to their team. Obviously losing Eller for an extender period is bad.

Have you guys recall seeing a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for interference before?

Yes, you can issue a 5+game if injury results for a handful of infractions. It wasn't interference, but I'm ok with the 5+game.

I'm actually surprised he got suspended the more I hear and read about the hit.

=================

So, this is sorta in line with our hit to hurt talks.

The Penguins won the Cup doing this, and have been preaching it for the entire Bylsma era. They chip the puck in and go make an "investment" in the game. Hit the D-men incessantly, hit to wear them down, give them bruises, knock them on their ass. Are they hitting to hurt? Sure. Is this wrong? Is this against the rules of the game? No.

This is hockey. It's designed to be a physical sport. It's high paced. People are going to get injured from time to time because of things that happen in the game.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks a blanket ban on headshots will result on no hitting or anything, but I certainly don't want hitting out of hockey. I'm fine with getting rid of all head contact, but that's not the rule now. If we want it to be, then change it.

I don't like seeing guys get hurt, but I'm not taking hard hits out of the game. These guys are paid handsomely to accept the risk of playing a high speed, contact sport. That's the way I like it.

I seem to remember "blind site hit" being the main buzz word that was often thrown around when discussing head shots when the focus first shifted towards them a couple years ago. When did that change to this ambigous "head as the principal point of contact" garbage?

really, because i'm pretty I answered that question plenty of times in this thread.

I must have missed it. Do you have a link?

I think you're underestimating Gryba. He's not a top pairing guy, but he's not an AHL player anymore. He's played his way into the top 6 on merit. There are no more injuries on their back end. He's there to be a physical, defensive guy, which is quite important to their team. Obviously losing Eller for an extender period is bad.

Duane must underestimate Gryba also. He's already said it was no big deal as they'll just insert Weircoch.

Duane must underestimate Gryba also. He's already said it was no big deal as they'll just insert Weircoch.

Only because "Patrick Wiercioch was the #Sens leading scorer vs the #Habs during the regular season with 1 goal and 2 assists in 4 games. #cbcott"

I would rather have Gryba considering PK is running around headhunting and issuing death threads and the animosity has just been dialed up to 11.

Subban is running around headhunting now lolol

Is there anywhere that mentions these alleged death threats made by Subban? I've searched for it, but can't find anything anywhere.

Subban is running around headhunting now lolol

Is there anywhere that mentions these alleged death threats made by Subban? I've searched for it, but can't find anything anywhere.

Sorry, I thought this was the thread for over-exaggerated hyperbole. :P

> twitter: also he yells "I'm going to kill you" and "you're all ****ing dead" after eller hit.If that's not malicious intent,not sure wat is

Though on https://twitter.com/ThePK76 he throws that around a bit

Only because "Patrick Wiercioch was the #Sens leading scorer vs the #Habs during the regular season with 1 goal and 2 assists in 4 games. #cbcott"

I would rather have Gryba considering PK is running around headhunting and issuing death threads and the animosity has just been dialed up to 11.

Gryba replaced with Benoit (!)

Conacher replaced with Kassian (!!)

I stopped reading. It was ridiculous to me. Would love to see the posts it the results were reversed and a Sen was laying there on the ice instead of a Hab. I don't thInk the posts would be the same at all. The only people whi seem to make any sense to me are the ones who have no allegiances to either team. Homers ftw. Feel free to deny it, still won't believe you, so save your breath and move on. Just stop fooling yourself.

Sorry, I thought this was the thread for over-exaggerated hyperbole. :P

> twitter: also he yells "I'm going to kill you" and "you're all ****ing dead" after eller hit.If that's not malicious intent,not sure wat is

Though on https://twitter.com/ThePK76 he throws that around a bit

Oh, so you're relying on hearsay and things said in the heat of the moment when a teammate is laying on the ice with blood pooring out of his face.

You know that's not Subban's twitter account, right?

Still waiting for a link to where you answered my other question.

You know that's not Subban's twitter account, right?

You know that I was using that to defend subban (ie: that he throws that shit around) but hey whatever. Enjoy being an "annoying retard."

You know that I was using that to defend subban (ie: that he throws that shit around) but hey whatever. Enjoy being an "annoying retard."

No I didn't know that. You're not exactly clear. Ex/ You claimed you answered my question a number of times in this thread, but you failed to answer it once.

I do like how you worked name-calling into this argument though. I'd love to meet one day and see if you'd say it to my face ;)

I seem to remember "blind site hit" being the main buzz word that was often thrown around when discussing head shots when the focus first shifted towards them a couple years ago. When did that change to this ambigous "head as the principal point of contact" garbage?

Well, it has to be PPOC on the head before the blindside thing comes into effect anyways. It's rule 48 something.

i missed it. Whatcha talking about Willis?

Is it another everyone hates Subban thing?

Subban and pacioretty had a shouting match on the bench. Subban accusing him of making a bad suicide pass. CBC caught it in camera.

Subban is now on tilt

Just saw the replay of Subban wailing on Turris.

Not proud of myself, but I had a big ole smile watching that, especially when Turris tried to lie down so he'd stop getting hit and Subban kept hitting him. Get up pussy!

Somebody should tell Kyle this is hockey, and sometimes people are just trying to hurt, not injure.