Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Dale, who would you say the Habs MVP has been this year?

I don't really think they've had one. It's really been a team effort and different guys have stepped up from time to time. If I had to pick one player then it would be Price, but he hasn't had to steal games this season.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Habs season is a product of the incredibly weak Eastern conference."

Random comment from random anti-Habs hockey fan.

I do think the East is much weaker then the West, but I dont think it has that much to do with Habs' record.

Why do you think the East is much weaker than the West?

Its just an opinion based on my own viewing of games.

I feel Chicago is the best team I have seen this year, and I think if I had to list the 5 best teams in the NHL, 3 prob 4 would be from the West.

I am now a huge PK Subban fan.

Subban does some great things that no one hears about with nothing in it for him other then doing good, and is a genuinely good person. He is now one of my favourite NHL'ers, and while he always was one of my faves to watch play, I now respect the person a great great deal.

One story I can share some of the details of is that he helped the charity I volunteer with by arranging an incredible prize for a Habs fan. An auction winner at our event was granted travel+tickets to a Habs game, and then PK hosted them after the game, took them down to the dressing room, and was very very kind+gracious from what I heard.

The second story I heard from someone close to him, and I even got to talk to PK briefly, I want to keep private out of respect to the people involved, but suffice to say, PK impressed me to no end.

I felt the need to post this stuff here because Im sick of the bullsh*t "rumours" about this guy being a selfish, spoiled kid. I have no idea what goes on in the Habs dressing room, but this guy does a lot of good no one hears about, and he does it without asking whats in it for me. I dont know too many 20-somethings who are anything like that.

I continue to be amazed by how many hockey players are unaffected by their money+fame, and remain good people who genuinely want to help others.

Good to hear. Even though he is a Hab I always loved Subban. Told my son when he was playing in the World Juniors to watch out this kid is going to be good.

My brief encounter with Subban was when he was watching the Memorial Cup. He walked out of the rink with another guy and Tavares. Very nice to my son and took a pic with him. Unfortunately it did not come out too good since it was night time.

I am now a huge PK Subban fan.

Subban does some great things that no one hears about with nothing in it for him other then doing good, and is a genuinely good person. He is now one of my favourite NHL'ers, and while he always was one of my faves to watch play, I now respect the person a great great deal.

One story I can share some of the details of is that he helped the charity I volunteer with by arranging an incredible prize for a Habs fan. An auction winner at our event was granted travel+tickets to a Habs game, and then PK hosted them after the game, took them down to the dressing room, and was very very kind+gracious from what I heard.

The second story I heard from someone close to him, and I even got to talk to PK briefly, I want to keep private out of respect to the people involved, but suffice to say, PK impressed me to no end.

I felt the need to post this stuff here because Im sick of the bullsh*t "rumours" about this guy being a selfish, spoiled kid. I have no idea what goes on in the Habs dressing room, but this guy does a lot of good no one hears about, and he does it without asking whats in it for me. I dont know too many 20-somethings who are anything like that.

I continue to be amazed by how many hockey players are unaffected by their money+fame, and remain good people who genuinely want to help others.

Thanks for sharing Arp.

He's a class act from everything I've heard and read from reliable sources.

I can't believe he went undrafted in the FCHL for two seasons after his NHL draft.

I got him in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft, I think,

Maybe he was undrafted because of the quality of FCHL members?

Just kidding just kidding.

Well, I mean, the big thing was that 07 and 08 were the first ever drafts for the pool, so there was a shit ton of talent (07 was 7 rounds, 08 was 5 rounds, plus some extra rounds for just us expansion teams).

He also didn't really hit the big stage until his WHJC performances. I remember watching him just absolutely run the power play. He stood in the middle of the ice, near the blue line and completely directed traffic and everything. Kinda like Ryan Ellis did before him, but Subban had the size to go along with the skill. (This is all from the top of my head, so details could be wrong).

I can't believe he went undrafted in the FCHL for two seasons after his NHL draft.

I got him in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft, I think,

Only reason why he didnt get picked was what Wayne said.

And I didnt have any picks in those first two years. :)

The person who knows him well, and knows his hockey too, about 3/4 yrs ago, told me he would one day win the Norris. I thought he was just blowing smoke.

Only reason why he didnt get picked was what Wayne said.

And I didnt have any picks in those first two years. :)

The person who knows him well, and knows his hockey too, about 3/4 yrs ago, told me he would one day win the Norris. I thought he was just blowing smoke.

This could be the year. I think he's a lock to be nominated

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching a lot of Habs games this year due to having Price in my pool. (Subban+Desharnais too)

I dont know what happened to these guys, but they are awful the last 2 weeks, and so bad that I can see them going out in 4 straight games no matter who they play if they keep this up. It cant possibly be just because of Emelin!

Im kind of sad to see it, because I was beginning to jump on their bandwagon a little and looking fwd to a great Leafs-Habs playoff series.

Montreal hasn't played well since they clinched a playoff spot. They will be lucky to win one game if they continue playing this way.

It's funny to hear/see so many comments about Pittsburgh and Boston being the class of the conference. Pittsburgh sure, but Boston has the same number of points as Montreal and Boston hasn't been playing well either over the last couple of weeks. The exact same things being said about Montreal also apply to Boston yet nobody is saying them.

• Like 1

The exact same things being said about Montreal also apply to Boston yet nobody is saying them.

I agree that Boston has also slumped, but having watched a bit of Boston too (Rask is my other goalie lol), they haven't looked quite as bad as Montreal has these last 2 weeks.

Worse then usual, but Montreals has been something ridiculous to me. It feels like the Habs start every game down 2-0 before its 10min old. Its not just that they are losing, but how they are losing.

• Like 1

Another difference between Boston and Montreal is that the Canadien's forwards just don't look impressive on paper.

The Boston roster is full of players who have excelled in the playoffs and Montreal just doesn't have a lot of proven high end forwards.

Plus small players never get the same respect as bigger players do and Montreal is full of midgets.

• Like 1

The playoffs are whoever is the hottest team at the right time..

Boston and Montreal were solid early on...

But if I am a team in the playoffs I rather face Boston or Montreal now than the Islanders or the Caps.

Yup I said Islanders..Can you guys believe this Islander team.

Are Montreal's players shorter than they were earlier in the season when they were playing very well?

Teams and players can be streaky.

Until they are more proven it's natural for people to be skeptical of how good Montreal and some of their players are and there is a perception that small players don't do as well in the playoffs when play supposedly gets tougher.

• 2 weeks later...

somebody on Twitter commented that Montreal's forwards play quite physical and I took a look at their roster and other then the offensively skilled midgets the team seems to have decent size up front and some of the midgets like Gallagher seem to play with a real edge and don't back down.

It should be a good match with Ottawa's defense who are pretty large