Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

The Pierre McGuire as a GM thing I find hilarious.Hey lets make the annoying guy from TV who was a scout and assistant coach years ago but nothing more the GM of one of the most important franchises in hockey.
Yeah, but in case you missed it, actual hockey managerial skill isn't a requirement for this job. Only the ability to speak French is.
FTR:I think Patrick Roy is a piece of shit for walking out on his team and I hope he has nothing to do with the Habs.
This is interesting..Is this a general consensus among Habs fans?I thought he was God there.
This is interesting..Is this a general consensus among Habs fans?I thought he was God there.
That is correct. Nobody seems to care, yet alone remember, he asked to be traded because of his alpha male attitude.He did make a fool out of himself, a few times, as the head coach of the Quebec Ramparts. Like ordering his son to fight the other goalie, when they were both minors if i recall.

UFAsTravis MoanMathieu DarcheBrad StaubitzChris CampoliRFAsLars EllerBlake GeoffrionAaron PalushajRyan WhiteMike BlundenPetteri NokelainenAlexei EmelinRaphael DiazP.K. SubbanFrancois St. DenisCarey PriceBrendon NashProjected cap space $18,462,857Cap space goes up to $22,296,190 if Scott Gomez is bought out.

Any projections from your point of view?
I'm thinking of playing the role of Geoff Molson and putting something together.Here's the priorities imo:Carey PricePK SubbanAlexei EmelinLars EllerRyan WhiteRaphael DiazAnd I definitely think they'll buy out Gomez.http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator.php?p...amp;buyout_d=15
Is Palushaj still a viable prospect?
I definitely think he is. He's a smart hockey player which is hard to teach and he also has skills. It's hard to value him right now as he hasn't had much opportunity in the NHL, but he has played very well in the AHL (but so has Nigel Dawes lol). From a fantasy perspective it will come down to opportunity and role. He has a good two-way game which will probably limit his numbers.

As an RFA, he's an easy re-sign then. Two-way deal for the first year, one-way for the second, or something along those lines. Pays him adequately for the year if he's in the AHL, rewards him for call-ups, whatever, but also gives him the security of an NHL paycheck in the second year, as he works to make it full-time. Still probably a min salary, or close to it.IMO.

As an RFA, he's an easy re-sign then. Two-way deal for the first year, one-way for the second, or something along those lines. Pays him adequately for the year if he's in the AHL, rewards him for call-ups, whatever, but also gives him the security of an NHL paycheck in the second year, as he works to make it full-time. Still probably a min salary, or close to it.IMO.
I concur.

Greg Brady‏@bradyfan590BREAKING: Sportsnet's Louis Jean reporting on Brady & Lang that the Montreal Canadiens will be buying out Scott Gomez's contract.Greg Brady‏@bradyfan590Per Capgeek, the Gomez buyout will sting the Habs on the salary cap for: 12/13 is 3.5M, for 13/14, 4.5M, then each year after it's 1.7M...Does Gomez have a no movement clause in his contract ? Wouldn't it be better to just Finger him to the AHL so he doesn't count at all against the cap ?

I'm thinking of playing the role of Geoff Molson and putting something together.Here's the priorities imo:Carey PricePK SubbanAlexei EmelinLars EllerRyan WhiteRaphael DiazAnd I definitely think they'll buy out Gomez.http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator.php?p...amp;buyout_d=15
I think i'd rather keep Darche over White. He's got a better hockey sense (imo) and more to show for. I don't worry much about his age.
Per Capgeek, the Gomez buyout will sting the Habs on the salary cap for: 12/13 is 3.5M, for 13/14, 4.5M, then each year after it's 1.7M...
They probably want McDonough back.

Man it was so close to having Pierre Mcguire GM of the Habs...As a non fan of the Habs and Mr Mcguire it would have been amazing to see this..Oh well..Good luck Monsieur Bergevin

• 1 month later...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTERMy Custom LineupFORWARDSAlexander Semin ($5.500m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m) Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m) Blake Geoffrion ($1.000m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m) Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Ryan White ($0.800m) DEFENSEMENAndrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($3.500m) Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) Alexei Emelin ($1.275m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.000m) Sheldon Souray ($1.650m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m) GOALTENDERSCarey Price ($5.556m) Peter Budaj ($1.150m) BUYOUTSScott Gomez ($3.524m) ------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,682,698; BONUSES: $300,000CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $617,302