Club De Hockey Canadien

I have predicted it before but i think this is the game Scott Gomez scores..Maybe even a couple..Do it tonight when the Leafs need your help.
What are the chances that his next goal is in Hamilton after he get's Fingered ?
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

What are the chances that his next goal is in Hamilton after he get's Fingered ?
Its interesting if they would consider that..Wow just looked, 2 MORE years after this..He might be a candidate for a cap floor team that needs to fill payroll..While his cap hit is $7.35 his salary last two year is lower at $4.5 and $5.5Has a minimal NTC where he can choose 3 teams he wont accept a trade to.
  • 2 weeks later...

in an effort to actually get through habs games these days, tonight I placed my first ever online hockey bet. money line Habs to win -110. whoohoo!I won't miss Kostitsyn but I do wish we got a bit more return. His stock was probably higher earlier this season. Gauthier is a chump, would have been a good idea to fire him before the trade deadline, but I don't think anyonne else could have done much more considering how slow trade deadline day was. I can't imagine a world where Gauthier is still around past June.

• 4 weeks later...
top three in the draft? Or do the Leafs manage to finish worse than the Habs
congrats on having a team that doesnt win all the meaningless games in March. I wish I could say the same as a Canes fan.
Gauthier is a chump, would have been a good idea to fire him before the trade deadline, but I don't think anyonne else could have done much more considering how slow trade deadline day was. I can't imagine a world where Gauthier is still around past June.
Bombshell insider rumour (e4?) on the radio that Roy will be made GM.
Bombshell insider rumour (e4?) on the radio that Roy will be made GM.
...and bob hartley coach. I would hate that.I want to see Roy behind the bench.
  • 3 weeks later...
Grigorenko!
How's that? Edmonton and Columbus would both go forward I'm thinking which means the Habs only get Grigo if someone goes off the board for Galchenyuk or a defenseman.
How's that? Edmonton and Columbus would both go forward I'm thinking which means the Habs only get Grigo if someone goes off the board for Galchenyuk or a defenseman.
Ryan Murray is ranked ahead of Grigorenko and both EDM and CLM could use D.
Habs should also hire Pierre McGuire as GM and get Zach Parise.
The Pierre McGuire as a GM thing I find hilarious.Hey lets make the annoying guy from TV who was a scout and assistant coach years ago but nothing more the GM of one of the most important franchises in hockey.

I'm very fine with Pierre as GM as long as it gets him off my television so I can actually watch Versus NBC Sports Network broadcasts again. I can't stand that guy.

The Pierre McGuire as a GM thing I find hilarious.Hey lets make the annoying guy from TV who was a scout and assistant coach years ago but nothing more the GM of one of the most important franchises in hockey.
Assistant GM of Hartford too :club:
Ryan Murray is ranked ahead of Grigorenko and both EDM and CLM could use D.
That may be the case, but I can't see a defenseman cracking the top 3 in this draft. If a team wants to go defense they could very easily trade back and still get who they want.
That may be the case, but I can't see a defenseman cracking the top 3 in this draft. If a team wants to go defense they could very easily trade back and still get who they want.
I think it depends.I don't think there's any way Yakupov doesn't go 1st but if a team thinks a dman can step in right away like Larsson did this season then i can see a dman going as high as 2nd.

I can see "a team" thinking that way, but I can't see Columbus thinking that way. As long as they own the 2nd overall pick, it'll get used on a flashy forward. They haven't used a top 10 pick on a defenseman since Klesla in the first draft in franchise history. I'd put it at 49% the Blue Jackets draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, 49% they trade the pick and move back a bit, and 2% they draft someone other than those two players.Also, Columbus' severe need for defensive help was greatly reduced when they traded for Jack Johnson. They have four very reasonable top 6 defensemen (Wiz, JJ, Tyutin and Nikitin).

I can see "a team" thinking that way, but I can't see Columbus thinking that way. As long as they own the 2nd overall pick, it'll get used on a flashy forward. They haven't used a top 10 pick on a defenseman since Klesla in the first draft in franchise history. I'd put it at 49% the Blue Jackets draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, 49% they trade the pick and move back a bit, and 2% they draft someone other than those two players.Also, Columbus' severe need for defensive help was greatly reduced when they traded for Jack Johnson. They have four very reasonable top 6 defensemen (Wiz, JJ, Tyutin and Nikitin).
Except Jack Johnson sucks