Club De Hockey Canadien

Camalleri traded to Calgary..Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown “Oh, we’re losers? I’LL SHOW YOU LOSERS!” – Pierre Gauthier, apparently.LOL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Bourque makes a lot of sense, skill+cap wise. Also, Calgary been unhappy with him for a while. I called it before anyone I follow on twitter said Bourque! LolI don't like it for the Habs, bit of a camm fan.

Bourque makes a lot of sense, skill+cap wise. Also, Calgary been unhappy with him for a while. I called it before anyone I follow on twitter said Bourque! LolI don't like it for the Habs, bit of a camm fan.
Great trade IMO..They just dumped $6 million contract for another two years after this for a player that is having a really bad year
I think Calgary got a steal.
Agree. Jay feaster said they have been talking about this a while. I'll guess that Calgary has been trying to move Bourque for a while, and kept targeting Cammalleri. Then, Mikey C decided to call his team losers and that did it.
Hmmmm.... are you still a Cam fan???

We should be gambling on when Gauthier is fired.My thoughts on trade:Cammalleri has been awful both offensively and defensively. It now appears he may also have been a problem in the room. When I was reading the comments by the other players in reacting to Cammalleri's comments I remember thinking Josh Gorge's comment seemed a little less cliché and politically correct. It wasn't anything drastic but I just got a feeling when I read it. I'll try to find it.If Cammalleri plays up to his potential then he is most definitely the best player in the trade. That may happen in Calgary but it didn't seem to be going to happen in Montreal. There was a point awhile ago where I thought he was coming around but that didn't last long. He's been playing really soft lately. Too many times I've noticed him backing off a loose puck instead of using his speed to go after it. I don't expect Bourque to provide the goal-scoring that Cammalleri can provide when he's playing well, but I think Bourque has the size and type of game that may open up some ice for other Montreal forwards. Montreal has had too much of the same thing for awhile now (Cammalleri, Gionta, Desharnais, Plekanec) and they finally seem to be moving away from that a little (Pacioretty, Eller, Bourque, Holland?)Peter Holland also seems like a decent player...a high draft pick who plays a power forward game and is almost a point-per-game player in the AHL. I do NOT like the way the trade went down. Removing a player while a game is going on seems a little over-the-top to me. A player like Cammalleri should have been shopped around. I'm not sure if Gauthier did that.I would not be surprised if there were more moves to come. I've had a feeling for awhile now that Subban's days in Montreal were numbered and Anaheim keeps popping into my head.Anyway, I think Gauthier's days are numbered.

Camalleri traded to Calgary..Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown “Oh, we’re losers? I’LL SHOW YOU LOSERS!” – Pierre Gauthier, apparently.LOL
Holy grab DGB is amazing.Good trade for both teams, IMO. Cammy may be the best player in the deal, but I think Montreal gains more from the deal.
We should be gambling on when Gauthier is fired.My thoughts on trade:Cammalleri has been awful both offensively and defensively. It now appears he may also have been a problem in the room. When I was reading the comments by the other players in reacting to Cammalleri's comments I remember thinking Josh Gorge's comment seemed a little less cliché and politically correct. It wasn't anything drastic but I just got a feeling when I read it. I'll try to find it.If Cammalleri plays up to his potential then he is most definitely the best player in the trade. That may happen in Calgary but it didn't seem to be going to happen in Montreal. There was a point awhile ago where I thought he was coming around but that didn't last long. He's been playing really soft lately. Too many times I've noticed him backing off a loose puck instead of using his speed to go after it. I don't expect Bourque to provide the goal-scoring that Cammalleri can provide when he's playing well, but I think Bourque has the size and type of game that may open up some ice for other Montreal forwards. Montreal has had too much of the same thing for awhile now (Cammalleri, Gionta, Desharnais, Plekanec) and they finally seem to be moving away from that a little (Pacioretty, Eller, Bourque, Holland?)Peter Holland also seems like a decent player...a high draft pick who plays a power forward game and is almost a point-per-game player in the AHL. I do NOT like the way the trade went down. Removing a player while a game is going on seems a little over-the-top to me. A player like Cammalleri should have been shopped around. I'm not sure if Gauthier did that.I would not be surprised if there were more moves to come. I've had a feeling for awhile now that Subban's days in Montreal were numbered and Anaheim keeps popping into my head.Anyway, I think Gauthier's days are numbered.
I think this is a great analysis and commentary on the trade.There were reports that some GMs didnt even know that he was on the market, and he wasnt shopped around..Feaster tried to make a point that they were talking for a long time, but it looks like such a knee jerk reactionary move. Not sure if Gauthier gave an explanation on the way the trade went down, as its unheard of to pull a player mid game..If you are close to a trade before the game, why not just not dress him??It seem very fishy and from the outside it really looks like " oh yeah Micheal, screw you, you are gone"

I don't think the deal closed until midgame, then Camm was pulled to prevent an injury possibility, which would have spoiled the deal. I'm not defending, but I think it's not as sinister as some are making it out.Mtl gets a guy who will go in front of the net and cause some trouble. Good offset for Cole, who is a similar kind of player. Having a couple of lines that can cause mayhem in front of the net is a good thing.Also, Rene Bourque doesn't speak French, apparently...lol

I don't think the deal closed until midgame, then Camm was pulled to prevent an injury possibility, which would have spoiled the deal. I'm not defending, but I think it's not as sinister as some are making it out.Mtl gets a guy who will go in front of the net and cause some trouble. Good offset for Cole, who is a similar kind of player. Having a couple of lines that can cause mayhem in front of the net is a good thing.Also, Rene Bourque doesn't speak French, apparently...lol
Me an Rene have something in common...French names, but i dont speak French either.:club:

I think it's a good deal for Montreal, and a bit of a head scratcher for Calgary. Does Calgary think this is going to get them into the playoffs? Because it certainly is not, and they are essentially giving up 2 2nd round picks for a marginal upgrade, not to mention the ~$2-3 million salary increase.The value of the trade is pretty fair, but the trade makes zero sense for Calgary, and a lot of sense for Montreal, imo.

I just found this:http://www.hockeyfanzone.com/showthread.php?t=15209It seems like there was probably a Gorges vs Cammalleri vibe going on for awhile. The only way Cammalleri was coming out on top of that was by putting the puck in the net. And he wasn't doing that.

Tomas Kaberle took the second shootout attempt..WTF is that??
I don't f*cking understand it. I had money on MTL, and they f*cking put Kaberle in the shoot out. Montreal really deserved that game and Ottawa really didn't deserve to win it. I don't know how Ottawa blew so many powerplays.