Club De Hockey Canadien

Are these people real hockey fans:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Al7h...tgaz-ca-5962487If so I like to help them outWe will trade you Phillipe Dupuis and Mathew Lombardi(does he count) for Carey Price and Michael Cammalleri..Also they should look at trading Pk Subban..He isnt French..I know most of you Habs fans here dont agree with this(maybe you do) but its the dumbest notion to have the team represented by more French Canadian players/Coaches..

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Are these people real hockey fans:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Al7h...tgaz-ca-5962487If so I like to help them outWe will trade you Phillipe Dupuis and Mathew Lombardi(does he count) for Carey Price and Michael Cammalleri..Also they should look at trading Pk Subban..He isnt French..I know most of you Habs fans here dont agree with this(maybe you do) but its the dumbest notion to have the team represented by more French Canadian players/Coaches..
Time is long past for repping your team with local players. All that ended with free agency and expansion. Probably 1979-80 was the last year the Habs had anything resembling a strong Quebecois presence.
Time is long past for repping your team with local players. All that ended with free agency and expansion. Probably 1979-80 was the last year the Habs had anything resembling a strong Quebecois presence.
Im all for being proud of your heritage but this is a professional competitive league..Makes no sense..How do they expect to sign free agents that arent French? Why would they put themselves through that?Well I guess Cammalleri did after being offered a contract by the Leafs.
Im all for being proud of your heritage but this is a professional competitive league..Makes no sense..How do they expect to sign free agents that arent French? Why would they put themselves through that?Well I guess Cammalleri did after being offered a contract by the Leafs.
Cammalleri does speak french though. Or at least he tweets in both languages.
Cammalleri does speak french though. Or at least he tweets in both languages.
So is the problem with the extremists that the player/coach doesnt speak French, or they arent french Canadian?Any player can learn how to speak French..Take some intensive French classes in the off season, doesnt seem that hard if you REALLY want to learn.
So is the problem with the extremists that the player/coach doesnt speak French, or they arent french Canadian?Any player can learn how to speak French..Take some intensive French classes in the off season, doesnt seem that hard if you REALLY want to learn.
Until every employee of the Montreal Canadiens is francophone they will most likely always have a problem of some sort.
Francophones are very uh.. anal about spoken french though (even though theirs is a patois version of what is spoken in France). I used to have half decent spoken french but invariably folks would switch to some murdered version of English.
Francophones are very uh.. anal about spoken french though (even though theirs is a patois version of what is spoken in France). I used to have half decent spoken french but invariably folks would switch to some murdered version of English.
ya my parents were educated in French schools and speak very fluent French..My dad gets so pissed off when he speaks French and they respond in something much different.

I speak French and I love Montreal. I'd eat tourtiere and beans, poutine and steamies every day, if my body could handle it (and I didn't live in Toronto), but these language snobs piss me off. My opinion is that anyone living in Quebec should be able to speak, bare minimum, high school level French and should stop fucking complaining about haveing to learn another language. Learning a second language has more benefits than most people understand.As for the Frenchies who scoff at people who can't speak it or pronounce things poorly, stfu and think for a second. You guys cannot say H when it occurs and you put it in places it doesn't belong (when you speak English), so don't be laughing at people who make an effort to speak a language less than 15% of our population speaks.Two sides of the same coin. Grow the fuck up and learn to live in a multi-lingual, international society and stops being so ethnocentric and embarassingly racist. Embrace multi-culturalism and leave sports out of it. It's way to late in the game to start putting this crap on the Habs, as if they need more problems.

I speak French and I love Montreal. I'd eat tourtiere and beans, poutine and steamies every day, if my body could handle it (and I didn't live in Toronto), but these language snobs piss me off. My opinion is that anyone living in Quebec should be able to speak, bare minimum, high school level French and should stop fucking complaining about haveing to learn another language. Learning a second language has more benefits than most people understand.As for the Frenchies who scoff at people who can't speak it or pronounce things poorly, stfu and think for a second. You guys cannot say H when it occurs and you put it in places it doesn't belong (when you speak English), so don't be laughing at people who make an effort to speak a language less than 15% of our population speaks.Two sides of the same coin. Grow the fuck up and learn to live in a multi-lingual, international society and stops being so ethnocentric and embarassingly racist. Embrace multi-culturalism and leave sports out of it. It's way to late in the game to start putting this crap on the Habs, as if they need more problems.
very well said. I share your love of Montreal, wish I could spend more time there.I also really like that I either cant tell, or keep forgetting, if your a Leafs or Habs fan.
Yes I saw that. That was pure class for Montreal fans to honour Halak like that.
Thats why the Montreal fans are the best in the NHL.... and I don't like the Habs...

Camalleri not on the bench in the third..Speculation/Rumour is he might have been traded..SICK if this happens..

This is very exciting..They pulled him, put him in a cab and sent him to the hotel..MID GAME..Confirmed he has been traded..

This is very exciting..They pulled him, put him in a cab and sent him to the hotel..MID GAME..Confirmed he has been traded..
There apparently is now a lineup of montreal players asking the media to hear their complaints so THEY can get traded... :club:
On a serious note, the team that's being bantered around as a destination is toronto...
We should find out soon..When you said in the other thread where there is smoke there is fire...This case is a perfect example IMO.There must have been some serious shit going on behind closed doors..