Club De Hockey Canadien

I don't know how any of us would really be able to say any one coach is a better candidate than anyone else. I dunno, wtf do we know about what they do? I mean, I know about Bylsma NOW, but only thing I knew about him before he was hired for Pittsburgh was that he was a grinder, and I probably had his hockey cards in the 90s.
Very true, its also situation..Some coaches are suited for certain situations..Pat Quinn was a great coach, but probably not a great coach for 19 year old rookies...
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I don't know how any of us would really be able to say any one coach is a better candidate than anyone else. I dunno, wtf do we know about what they do? I mean, I know about Bylsma NOW, but only thing I knew about him before he was hired for Pittsburgh was that he was a grinder, and I probably had his hockey cards in the 90s.
Zach beat me to it. I dont have a clue who the better coach is. Kirk Muller seems to be the flavour of the year, and I guess I was happy they got him in Caniacland, but really, I have no clue if he's actually any good, or if all that good press is because he made a lot of friends during his career. How do we ever know if a coach is good? Cause his team wins? I dont know, I find coaching to be overestimated at times.
TimSassone Tim Sassone Habs' Campoli on how he'll be greeted tonight at UC: "I don't think they'll even notice."
I guess this is what Eric Belanger feels like. That, and "oh yeah, I used to play here right?"
  • 2 weeks later...
Interesting to get your take on this Dale.At first glance this seems like an overpayment?Maybe not
I think it's an excellent contract for both sides. Gorges has been the Hab's best D for awhile now. If they let him walk then there was no way they were replacing what he brings for $3.9 per season. Gorges will be the next captain of Montreal. Mark it down.The signing tightens the string a little for other guys that need to be signed, but I'm thinking Markov's career may be in jeopardy. Hopefully not though. I think they'll let Hal Gill leave after this season and give younger guys like Emelin and Diaz more prominent roles.
I think it's an excellent contract for both sides. Gorges has been the Hab's best D for awhile now. If they let him walk then there was no way they were replacing what he brings for $3.9 per season. Gorges will be the next captain of Montreal. Mark it down.The signing tightens the string a little for other guys that need to be signed, but I'm thinking Markov's career may be in jeopardy. Hopefully not though. I think they'll let Hal Gill leave after this season and give younger guys like Emelin and Diaz more prominent roles.
Will be interesting to see what they give Subban..Was Gorges going to be UFA or RFA?

Meh, when you're losing and generally not playing up to par, I don't have an issue with this release.People will rip it because it's Subban, but it happens from time to time within teams who are struggling, especially when they're under the pressure they are under in Montreal. Doubt it's a big deal going forward.

Meh, when you're losing and generally not playing up to par, I don't have an issue with this release.People will rip it because it's Subban, but it happens from time to time within teams who are struggling, especially when they're under the pressure they are under in Montreal. Doubt it's a big deal going forward.
Its not an isolated incident with Subban though..
no mention of the Subban fight in practice.I always found it weird when teammates drop the gloves. It has to be awkward from that moment on.
See I dont know if this is true...Me and my buddies used to play pick up ball hockey..We would always have fights..Sometimes pretty serious..But at the end of the day we were buddies and we forgot the fighting..Also you fight with your family and friends all the time...

As a Habs fan I'm happy about the fight. I equate it to brothers fighting and it shows they care and hopefully leads to something more productive.

4 goals for Eller last night. First time a Habs player has scored 4 goals in a game since 2006 when

Jan Bulis

did it.

lol...nobody knows that guy so his name may as well stay spoilerized

PKSubban1 P.K. Subban ScottGomez hooked the boys upwith some"sizzlin" new ugz!Thanks Scott! Ps they come in kid and giant sizes! @Skillsy75 pic.twitter.com/uxtMbTyhGiostyle21 Brian Gionta @PKSubban1 next time u get a free pair of boots...maybe u can spell the brand name right. "UGG" Thx Gomer and @sandracjohn for the #Ugg4manPKSubban1 P.K. Subban #ugg4men @sandracjohn thanks for #uggs the boys really appreciate it! #bestconnectioninNYC