Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Tomas Karberle for Jaroslav Spacek.
Serge just broke the trade! Seriously, I got a text from him before TSN could send me one.As I told him, my guess is Maurice talked JR into this signing in the offseason, and now the Canes are just happy to get rid of the long term deal. I think its a good hockey trade for Montreal, if they can right the ship Kaberle, he could be very good for them.
So Weber is the odd man out?
I would think so.Off the top of my head I can't think of what teams (Calgary?) would be looking for a guy like Weber.
Carolina salary dump begins in earnest I guess. Eric Staal to Buffalo ONE TIME.
I dont think this is one of those type of whole team dump things.I think JR just wanted to move out Kaberle, and give guys like McBain+Faulk a real opportunity.At best maybe Ruutu+Juicy are moving too, but JR doesnt really like to do that unless the player wants to move. If they do trade Staal, consider me crushed.
If they do trade Staal, consider me crushed.
Consider me thrilled, a true #1 center with size in Buffalo would be amazing. Luke Adam might get there one day but he's still got a ways to go.
Consider me thrilled, a true #1 center with size in Buffalo would be amazing. Luke Adam might get there one day but he's still got a ways to go.
I gotta say, while everyone in the hockey worlds been talking about Buffalo's owner, and spending money on guys like Ehrhoff+Leino, Im really impressed with the youth they are bringing up. I think Adam is going to be very very good, and he already looks solid....and then in the game I saw in person, the one guy who stood out was Kassian. I liked his game before, but he looked really fast for a guy his size, and seemed to be using his body well too. Throw in a couple of the D, Enroth and some guys already there like Ennis+Gerbe....wow, nice future to go with a pretty solid present day roster.
It was tough enough to watch Kaberle in a Boston and Carolina jersey, but this is a very very sad day.
I think if you actually watch him play in a Habs uniform, your actually gonna be happy he's no longer wearing blue+white.
I think if you actually watch him play in a Habs uniform, your actually gonna be happy he's no longer wearing blue+white.
I know he is way passed his prime, but its very rare you see a long term Leaf play on the Habs, also the other way as well.Its very rare..Sure there has been players that have played for both teams ie Komisarek, Grabovski..But to find a mainstay of the organization play for the hated Leafs or Habs is rare.When Dougie played two years at the end of his career with the Habs, it was weird..I was glad he got to play a period to finish his career as a Leaf.

I haven't watched him at all in Carolina, and he was pretty unnoticeable for the bruins in the playoffs, but people are really quick to forget how great Kaberle was on the leafs for the better part of a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has some left in the tank

I haven't watched him at all in Carolina, and he was pretty unnoticeable for the bruins in the playoffs, but people are really quick to forget how great Kaberle was on the leafs for the better part of a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has some left in the tank
I think Kaberle prefers it north of the border.
He was brutal in Carolina..
He was brutal in Carolina..
if we are going to use a third of a season as a barometer, then we can probably conclude that Eric Staal is one of the worst players in the NHL as well.Even last season, Kaberle played really well for the leafs. I imagine playing in a market like Montreal, and probably being relied on pretty heavily for point production, will definitely motivate him.