Club De Hockey Canadien

Gorges signed a 1yr - $2.5 million contract.$2.5 is exactly what I expected. It leaves the Habs with a signed team and $5 million in cap left.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Gorges signed a 1yr - $2.5 million contract.$2.5 is exactly what I expected. It leaves the Habs with a signed team and $5 million in cap left.
This seems like a really good price for him, given the contracts that are getting thrown around this summer.
This seems like a really good price for him, given the contracts that are getting thrown around this summer.
Yeah, I think it's a fair price for both sides. I wish they could have locked him in for a few years, but I guess PG wants to be sure of his health. I will NOT be happy if we lose him for nothing even though we acquired him for next to nothing from San Jose:Rivet and a 5th Rounder for Gorges and a 1st Rounder
  • 1 month later...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375664"Palushaj was among the guests as Pacioretty got married in July to former WTA tennis player Katia Afinogenova, the sister of former Buffalo Sabres winger Maxim Afinogenov, who also married a tennis player this summer, Elena Dementieva."
  • 2 weeks later...

cool. I figured he'd land somewhere. Seems like just yesterday that the Sens traded a first rounder for him. I think he still has something to offer, though 1.75 seems a bit high considering it took so long for him to find a team, but he must have had a few teams interested.

cool. I figured he'd land somewhere. Seems like just yesterday that the Sens traded a first rounder for him. I think he still has something to offer, though 1.75 seems a bit high considering it took so long for him to find a team, but he must have had a few teams interested.
Not quite:Comrie + Campoli for McAmmond and a (late) 1st [Kyle Palmieri].--I'd argue that (at the time) people thought Comrie >= McAmmond so it was kind of Campoli for a early 2nd.

I wasn't saying it was a bad trade at the time. I honestly don't think Comrie added much value in that trade, he was a UFA if I remember correctly, and his stock had already fallen off drastically. A lot of people at the time thought Campoli was going to be something special.

I wasn't saying it was a bad trade at the time. I honestly don't think Comrie added much value in that trade, he was a UFA if I remember correctly, and his stock had already fallen off drastically. A lot of people at the time thought Campoli was going to be something special.
It was Comrie's 2nd go-around in town -- I suspect it was an extended tryout for the Senators to see it was worth signing him to a longer contract. McAmmond, while also a UFA, was an extremely underrated "heart and soul" type. TBH I don't recall ppl all that a enthused by Campoli but BM's trades at the time generally sucked.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375664"Palushaj was among the guests as Pacioretty got married in July to former WTA tennis player Katia Afinogenova, the sister of former Buffalo Sabres winger Maxim Afinogenov, who also married a tennis player this summer, Elena Dementieva."
honestly haven't followed the blues or dagostini since the trade, but I always liked palushaj. I'm guessing the habs won the trade. really hoping he does well for them as I gave up a bunch of picks to scoop someone in the 2009 draft.beyond that, though, he seems to have a sense of humor and some skill. sad that the blues had to let em go in all the prospect swapping they did.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had picked up this Diaz kid in my other keeper league...Is he gonna stick and be an offensive guy?
He better work on his defensive game if he wants to stick.
  • 2 weeks later...

Big bump because we're not as awful as some think. After getting stonewalled by two outstanding goaltending performances (FU, Ryan Miller and that guy from Florida) and some so-so goaltending from Price, the return of Spacek settled the D down and guys like Eric Cole are starting to play up to their abilities.Two solid wins in a row (Boston would have been a shut-out if not for that face off goal) begins to put the Habs right. One more at home against Boston, guys!!!Btw, I am not fond of the Olé chant

• 5 weeks later...

I guess we'll know at 7, but I think (hope?) it'll be 3 games, more likely 2, I guess. I would be shocked if he didn't get any. I like to think I'd feel the same way about that hit if it were Letang (or anyone) on Pacioretty.

I guess we'll know at 7, but I think (hope?) it'll be 3 games, more likely 2, I guess. I would be shocked if he didn't get any. I like to think I'd feel the same way about that hit if it were Letang (or anyone) on Pacioretty.
This is a quote from Rule 48:“A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.”Because of this wording I can see Pacioretty getting nothing. It can be argued that by cutting across the centre of the ice with his head so low that Letang put himself in a vulnerable position immediately before getting hit. Personally, I don't think he targeted Letang's head, but...I think the wording should be changed to include something about "necessary force" AND I think Pacioretty should get at least 2 games. I don't care that Letang got up because there was a very good chance he could have been much more seriously injured than he was. Bodychecking is in hockey to separate players from the puck NOT to provide an opportunity to injure them. I've grown out of the stage where I cheer for car crashes on TV and Scott Stevens-like hits don't have a place in this game anymore now that we know what we know about the possible devastating effects. IMO
I really prefer the UN politically correct stylings of @crveza81...I really wish you posted that shit in here.:)Man it was fun reading those tweets on Saturday night.
I really prefer the UN politically correct stylings of @crveza81...I really wish you posted that shit in here.:)Man it was fun reading those tweets on Saturday night.
Don't think I said anything Saturday. IIRC, my only Tweets in the 3rd period were along the lines of... "Looks like a head-shot to me." and "Wow, how was that play not blown down?". Objectivity!Oh yeah, some jokes about the police too, lol. Foolishness.Thursday was better when I ranted about Denis Potvin's awful commentary for like 10 straight Tweets.

I thought that article linked up above was kind of crappy."Making a hit during that play was illegal and Chara received an interference penalty for it. By definition, that makes his hit NOT a hockey play."Is this true? Any play that is called for a penalty is not a hockey play? That doesn't seem right.