Club De Hockey Canadien

Habs select defenseman Nathan Beaulieu. Some say he skates just as well as P.K. Subban. That could be a defensive pairing someday down the road. :)Hoping McNeill slips now.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Habs select defenseman Nathan Beaulieu. Some say he skates just as well as P.K. Subban. That could be a defensive pairing someday down the road. :)Hoping McNeill slips now.
Oh! Look who went next.NHLBlackhawks Chicago BlackhawksThe #Blackhawks select... C Mark McNeill from the WHL's Prince Albert Raiders. Welcome to Chicago! :club:

NHLBlackhawks Chicago BlackhawksSafe to say McNeill aced his post-pick interview. Seems like a great kid, natural center, hockey sense, size, will drop gloves.

I saw Beaulieu a couple times. I think his first half-season next year will be telling. At times he seemed to be the best player on the ice, with vision, confidence and an in-control mentality to go with skills which were clearly the best on the ice most of the time. He didn't always leverage his skills though. I think he'll be someone who will need to feel like he's the best player out there to try to do more than basic plays. In my opinion, that'll mean he will be a good AHL player/disappointing 3rd pairing, or a potential Subban-type who can dominate several several aspects of the game with a confident mentality.

The Hockey News says:NATHAN BEAULIEUBorn: Dec. 5, 1992, Strathroy, Ont.2010-11: Saint John Pos: DHT: 6-2 WT:185 Shoots: LInternational Scouting Service: No. 23Not long ago, Nathan Beaulieu was in danger of being branded nothing more than a coach's son, thanks to his dad's tenure in Saint John. But when Jacques Neaulieu headed back to London and the Ontario League, Nathan took it upon himself to keep the family name high in the local headlines."This kid looks like he grew two inches over the summer," a scout said. "He brings a lot of offensive skill. He skates well, sees the ice well...this year he's playing with an edge."Beaulieu was one of the best players at the CHL Top Prospects Game in Toronto and even though a slow start to the season doomed him to the exact same offensive numbers as in the year prior, he heated up again for the playoffs, particularly in Saint John's early-round goal blitz.With his growth spurt, Beaulieu still needs to fill out and adjust to his new stature, but the tools are certainly there already.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzieExpect NSH to announce tomorrow that Kirk Muller is the head coach of its AHL team in Milwaukee.Losing good coaches to other teams certainly sucks, but at least it indicates the franchise is doing a good job developing/hiring them.

RFA ForwardsBenoit PouliotRyan WhiteTom PyattRFA DefenseJosh GorgesYannick WeberAlexandre Picard
Qualifying offers need to be in by 5:00 or players become UFAs.Alexandre Picard won't be offered a contract.http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/picard...ualifying-offer
Habs sign Alexei Yemelin to a two-way contract with signing bonus at a total of $984,000.Players under contract for next season:ForwardsTomas PlekanecMike CammalleriScott GomezBrian GiontaTravis MoenLars EllerMax PaciorettyAndrei KostitsynMathieu DarcheDavid DesharnaisDefenseP.K. SubbanJaroslav SpacekAlexei YemelinHal GillAndrei MarkovYannick WeberGoaliesCarey Price----------RFA ForwardsBenoit PouliotRyan WhiteTom PyattRFA DefenseJosh GorgesAlexandre Picard
Weber signs for 2 years for a $850,000 cap hit.

I'm not expecting Montreal to make a big splash in the FA market so our top 6 D should look like this:Markov / Gorges (needs to be signed)Gill / SubbanSpacek / WeberHoping Weber can improve with extra playing time.

I'm not expecting Montreal to make a big splash in the FA market so our top 6 D should look like this:Markov / Gorges (needs to be signed)Gill / SubbanSpacek / WeberHoping Weber can improve with extra playing time.
What about Hamrlik..I read somewhere that they will sign him.
What about Hamrlik..I read somewhere that they will sign him.
Apparently the Habs offered him a 1 yr contract and he didn't accept it.
Pretty solid. Spacek/Weber is a potential concern of course, but I don't think they'll be exposed playing 15 minutes a game. I'd be a lot more comfortable with a little more depth, even if it is just a decent #7 that would allow you to move Spacek/Weber to #7 if they struggle, and in case of injury. Anyone useful on the farm?
Pretty solid. Spacek/Weber is a potential concern of course, but I don't think they'll be exposed playing 15 minutes a game. I'd be a lot more comfortable with a little more depth, even if it is just a decent #7 that would allow you to move Spacek/Weber to #7 if they struggle, and in case of injury. Anyone useful on the farm?
I think they'll try to use Yemelin as the #7 and break him in like they sort of did with Subban and Weber. I would be shocked if they brought back Sopel because I'm thinking he would want more than we're willing to pay. Mara is an option...not a great one, but still an option for a #7 or #8.There are also a few UFA dmen who could be had reasonably cheap.I'm excited that this is the final year of Spacek's contract. :club:

I'm sure the line combos will be played with until they find good matchups and Eller comes back, but here's an example of who/what the Habs will be dressing:M. Cammalleri - T. Plekanec - M. PaciorettyE. Cole - S. Gomez - B. GiontaA. Kostitsyn - L. Eller - T. MoenM. Darche - D. Desharnais - R. WhiteJ. Gorges - A. MarkovH. Gill - P.K. SubbanJ. Spacek - Y. Weber/A. YemelinC. PriceP. BudajI'd like to see the Habs pick up another forward like Jason Arnott or even Zenon Konopka if the price is right. A reasonably cheap d-man like Shane O'Brien would be ok too.Getting Markov, Gorges and Pacioretty back and healthy drastically improves the roster without having to go all 'Tallon' during the FA frenzy. And Gomez CAN'T be anywhere near as bad as he was last season. We overpaid for Cole, but it's not my money. And overpaying is the norm when you're looking to sign a free agent.

I'm sure the line combos will be played with until they find good matchups and Eller comes back, but here's an example of who/what the Habs will be dressing:M. Cammalleri - T. Plekanec - M. PaciorettyE. Cole - S. Gomez - B. GiontaA. Kostitsyn - L. Eller - T. MoenM. Darche - D. Desharnais - R. WhiteJ. Gorges - A. MarkovH. Gill - P.K. SubbanJ. Spacek - Y. Weber/A. YemelinC. PriceP. BudajI'd like to see the Habs pick up another forward like Jason Arnott or even Zenon Konopka if the price is right. A reasonably cheap d-man like Shane O'Brien would be ok too.Getting Markov, Gorges and Pacioretty back and healthy drastically improves the roster without having to go all 'Tallon' during the FA frenzy. And Gomez CAN'T be anywhere near as bad as he was last season. We overpaid for Cole, but it's not my money. And overpaying is the norm when you're looking to sign a free agent.
I m thinking you should trade for Komisarek...He played his best years with Habs..It wont cost much..Actually we will throw in a 4th round pick..Deal?
I m thinking you should trade for Komisarek...He played his best years with Habs..It wont cost much..Actually we will throw in a 4th round pick..Deal?
Pass.
Any thoughts on Picard, Dale?
I liked him. He wasn't a liability when he was on the ice. He didn't bring much offense, but he wasn't called on to provide any. He seemed like a solid and steady dman who did his job when he was called upon. I think the Habs would liked to have kept him, but they also want to give Yemelin some playing time too.

A projected lineup with Cap hits:FORWARDSMax Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) Erik Cole ($4.500m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m) Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Ryan White ($0.625m) DEFENSEMENAndrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($2.500m) Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m) Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m) Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)Josh Gorges is still unsigned. Gorges was qualified at $1.3 million but I'm hoping they can hammer out a longer deal soon. I gave him $2.5 million for this lineup.This lineup at these salaries still leaves us with about $5 million in cap space. I would imagine PG is looking for a forward as Eller is out until November. Maybe Jason Arnott is an option?http://bit.ly/rlh8BO

Rumblins are Kovalev might be going back to Montreal.Thats good news for everyone involved.