Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

"Interesting note: I was told that PK broke virtually all the Montreal Canadiens strength + fitness records at training camp this year and traces much of the success to his off season conditioning at Laylor Performance Systems in Toronto.Check out this video the NHL Network put together of PK working out in the offseason."

Found it at Jeff Marek's blog.

If Price doesn't concede that goal on the giveaway and Thomas doesn't stand on his head for 10 minutes in the 3rd period, this result is very very different.I, for one, was not counting my chickens. Keep playing the way we won the first two games and whatever happens happens. Nobody rolled over and gave up in game 3, so it's all good. GO HABS GO!

If Price doesn't concede that goal on the giveaway and Thomas doesn't stand on his head for 10 minutes in the 3rd period, this result is very very different.I, for one, was not counting my chickens. Keep playing the way we won the first two games and whatever happens happens. Nobody rolled over and gave up in game 3, so it's all good. GO HABS GO!
I don't think anyone was counting any chickens. Montreal was sloppy and dead the first 30 minutes. If they start game 3 like they played the third period then this series would be 3-0.
I don't think anyone was counting any chickens. Montreal was sloppy and dead the first 30 minutes. If they start game 3 like they played the third period then this series would be 3-0.
I wasn't counting them because I was ****ing them. Bunch of little yellow chicks with Merc heads running around now...
Have to agree with both. Price gave up two crap goals but made many great saves. The team played like shit, including Price for much of the firs 30 minutes. Although they did start strong and had good puck possession for the first ten minutes but didn't capitalize or get any really good scoring chances.Never expected a sweep, well really never expected them to be ahead in the series at all.

I was planning on offering a bet to Dale if the Canadiens lost this game, but after that third period I will not be offering any such wagers. I think Boston still has more to show if they are going to get to game 6.

Giving up leads pisses me off.
Well as good as Montreal has been in Boston's end they've been shitty in their own end.Marchand AND Bergeron were both in front of the net behind Hamrlik and Gomez.I can't stand how they come out flying and hitting and as soon as it works and they get a lead they stop doing it. It's asinine.

I completely understand coaches like Tortorelli, Keenan, etc....I would kill some of the Habs for their defensive zone play. The lack of Markov and Gorges has never been more evident than it is tonight.

The OT goal was offside...I called 9 1 1.
I know this was in jest, but the slow-mo replay showed it clearly wasn't. Great call by the linesman because it did look offside in real time to me.
I know this was in jest, but the slow-mo replay showed it clearly wasn't. Great call by the linesman because it did look offside in real time to me.
It was offside. CBC slowed it down and Kelly's front skate was over the line while his back skate was off the ice before the puck crossed the line.I didn't even notice in real time as I was too busy cursing on the Habs for that atrocious line change.sbmp09.jpg
It was offside. CBC slowed it down and Kelly's front skate was over the line while his back skate was off the ice before the puck crossed the line.I didn't even notice in real time as I was too busy cursing on the Habs for that atrocious line change.sbmp09.jpg
where was his foot when the puck touched the line?
where was his foot when the puck touched the line?

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,”
nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blueline at which time the decision is to be made.
If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the guy's skate was off the ice or not. At least, that's how I read the rule. I don't know how it's commonly called.

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,”
nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blueline at which time the decision is to be made.
If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the guy's skate was off the ice or not. At least, that's how I read the rule. I don't know how it's commonly called.

That play is offside according to how it's always called. With that said, the missed offside doesn't bother me in the least. The line change was the DUMB part. If we have to stop a play and look at it frame by frame then the officials are allowed to be wrong every now and then.

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.
A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline
regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,”

It does state the skate has to be "in contact" with the ice. The puck has to cross the "leadingedge" of the blue line, not across the whole line. So a couple frames earlier when the puck crossed onto the line the skate was down. Any way it is extremely close either way. I always teach kids to err on the side of too many off sides rather than letting a marginal one go and having a controversial goal scored.
It does state the skate has to be "in contact" with the ice. The puck has to cross the "leadingedge" of the blue line, not across the whole line. So a couple frames earlier when the puck crossed onto the line the skate was down. Any way it is extremely close either way. I always teach kids to err on the side of too many off sides rather than letting a marginal one go and having a controversial goal scored.
There are two determining factors in an offside violation: 1. Attacking players' skate position: One of a player's skates is not in contact with or behind the blue line of the attacking zone before the puck enters that zone. 2. Puck position: The puck must completely cross the edge of the blue line nearest the attacking zone to be considered inside the attacking zone for the purposes of offsides.Note that the puck must enter the attacking zone for an offside call to be made; a player being over the line does not result in an offside call until the puck crosses the line.An attacking player's skates may precede the puck into the attacking zone provided he is in control of the puck and no other offside condition exists when the puck completely crosses the determining edge of the blue line.- Kelly had one skate in the Canadiens' end and his other skate was off the ice, therefore he was not making contact with the blueline.- the puck and not yet completely entered the Montreal zoneOffside.
Kelly was over the line before the puck. It was offside.Tim?
Not offside. The rule clearly states that the players skate has to be in contact with OR on his own side of the line. The problem is the way this one is called, like Dale says, is generally related to contact. And players themselves dont know the rule so they always scramble (and tear their groins) trying to touch the line.
Not offside. The rule clearly states that the players skate has to be in contact with OR on his own side of the line. The problem is the way this one is called, like Dale says, is generally related to contact. And players themselves dont know the rule so they always scramble (and tear their groins) trying to touch the line.
I guess we need to clarify what the rulebook actually states and how it's always called and whether it's the regular season or the playoffs and whether or not it's in the third period of a game or OT or if it's a Sedin or Matt Cooke and whether the stripes are looking for a Revlon call or if they just want the game over and done with or which team is home and which one is away and...Seriously though...I think the game would gain in popularity if the main rules were more easily understandable.:club: