Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Chara stated he was aware of the dangers, but didn't intend to injure him severly. Somehow, that should excuse him. That logic was sound back when i was 2.

Chara stated he was aware of the dangers, but didn't intend to injure him severly. Somehow, that should excuse him. That logic was sound back when i was 2.
Well in that case... wait, seriously?

Steve Montador's comments on the hit...http://www.wgr550.com/Steve-Montador-comme...ara-hit/9365145Excerpt:The conversation quickly turned to Montador's opinion of the NHL's decision not to suspend Chara. "You are pretty familiar with the ice and I think he hit him the way he wanted to but surely did not want the outcome."

Tony Massarotti - Boston Globehttp://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/Excerpt:"Let us begin with the simple fact that Zdeno Chara had every intention of running Max Pacioretty into, as Carey Price called it "the turnbuckle." What Chara did not expect was for Pacioretty to clip the glass the way he did, his head struck at such a frightening angle that Pacioretty was carried away on a stretcher."

Pacioretty speakshttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357316#YourCallTopExcerpt:"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something," said Pacioretty.

"By happenstance, Pacioretty’s parents were in the seats on Tuesday, having made the trip from New Canaan, Conn., to see their 22-year-old son play. They were quickly whisked from the rink by security staff."Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hock...article1936101/

"By happenstance, Pacioretty’s parents were in the seats on Tuesday, having made the trip from New Canaan, Conn., to see their 22-year-old son play. They were quickly whisked from the rink by security staff."Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hock...article1936101/
I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for them..

Please forgive me, I'm having another episode.Chara on Ennis:

Chara on Grabovski:
Chara on Fraser:
Here's the incident between Pacioretty and Chara from January:
And with 16 seconds remaining in the 2nd period of a game Montreal was leading 4-0:
chara2.jpg

CHara is a ****ing **** douchebag and desrves to be beaten and assraped with a splintery stick. While I don't think "intent" can be proven, fact is that we have a much bigger guy running a player into a board area that has the padded edge and he KNEW it was there, he was looking right at it.No ****ing suspension, what?!?!**** you, Gary Bettman, and **** you, Zdeno Chara, you ****ing piece of scum.

CHara is a ****ing **** douchebag and desrves to be beaten and assraped with a splintery stick. While I don't think "intent" can be proven, fact is that we have a much bigger guy running a player into a board area that has the padded edge and he KNEW it was there, he was looking right at it.No ****ing suspension, what?!?!**** you, Gary Bettman, and **** you, Zdeno Chara, you ****ing piece of scum.
Chara used poor judgement and made a mistake. Blame the NHL!
... fact is that we have a much bigger guy...
I heard something yesterday on tv or radio and this statement was made as well. I don't agree with it. You can't take into account that Chara is a freaking giant while deciding punishment. If you do then you need to make it so all NHL players can only be a certain height to play the game to avoid a bigger player hitting a smaller player.
I heard something yesterday on tv or radio and this statement was made as well. I don't agree with it. You can't take into account that Chara is a freaking giant while deciding punishment. If you do then you need to make it so all NHL players can only be a certain height to play the game to avoid a bigger player hitting a smaller player.
I think it absolutely should be considered in some situations. If Chara is going after a guy the size of Gionta or Tyler Ennis with unnecessary and avoidable force then it demonstrates intent. Chara is 6'9" and 255lbs without hockey equipment. He can hurt people if he wants.
As a freaking giant myself, who played hockey for 15 years, I can definitely attest that I was never once given the benefit of a doubt on questionable hits that only looked quesitonable due to height difference. I was always punished for the hit. I was expected to be responsible for my actions. That meant if I threw a regular hit, but my shoulder/hands/elbow/hip connected with a guys head, I was getting a penalty.It's not Chara's fault that he is a giant, but he doesn't get a free pass because of it either.
1299649608232.gifThe fact that Chara is 6'9" and 255lbs without equipment yet hasn't severely injured anyone in the past (that I know of) suggests to me that he is quite capable of controlling himself most of the time.He is approaching 1,000 games played in the NHL so to suggest that he was unaware of the glass/stanchion area is asinine.

Bertuzzi the day after he broke Moore's neck: "I'm truly sorry. I don't play the game that way. And I'm not a mean-spirited person"Chara last night: "That's not my style to hurt somebody. I always play hard and play physical but I never try to hurt anybody."

Bertuzzi the day after he broke Moore's neck: "I'm truly sorry. I don't play the game that way. And I'm not a mean-spirited person"Chara last night: "That's not my style to hurt somebody. I always play hard and play physical but I never try to hurt anybody."
I don't get it.
Well, OK fine, but look at the gif Digital posted and tell me Chara didn't purposefully run Pacioretty into that area. If he could have put Pac over the boards, he would have. Late hit, cheap shot, call it what you want it was douchey
I think it absolutely should be considered in some situations. If Chara is going after a guy the size of Gionta or Tyler Ennis with unnecessary and avoidable force then it demonstrates intent. Chara is 6'9" and 255lbs without hockey equipment. He can hurt people if he wants.
And, in this case, I think he meant to hurt a player with whom he had a history and who had been a thorn in the side of the Bruins all season.
1299649608232.gifThe fact that Chara is 6'9" and 255lbs without equipment yet hasn't severely injured anyone in the past (that I know of) suggests to me that he is quite capable of controlling himself most of the time.He is approaching 1,000 games played in the NHL so to suggest that he was unaware of the glass/stanchion area is asinine.
Agree
I don't get it.
He's saying their statements are bullshit and they are. If you're going to ram someone, at least admit it and take the punishment like a man. You never hear a pitcher say he was sorry for plunking a batter.Did he intend on breaking Pacs neck? No, but what the **** did he expect? ****ing stupid move by Chara and **** the NHL for being a bunch of cowards for backing away from the situation

Gomez comments on the bench/stanchion area:“When it comes to the pole and the door, it’s like hitting a guy from behind. Since Day 1, you’re taught not to do that. When you see a door open in an NHL game, you’ll hear 15 guys yelling, ‘Door! Door! Door!, no matter who the guy nearing it plays for.“When you’re going by the door, the pole there, you let up. When you get around that area, it’s (messed) up."“It’s a different beast.”

I have seen people checked into the stanchion many times in my 30 odd years of watching hockey. Has every one of them had this much controversy? Usually they just end up on the Greatest Hockey Hits and Fights VHS tapes that everyone would ooh and ahh over. Disclaimer: not trying to make light of this situation. It's a shame that Pac got hurt as bad as he did. Not saying Chara was not in the wrong here either.

I've always felt it was a dirty play. But you are right, it has happened before, and with little fanfare. It sucks that it takes a career altering injury in order for something to change.