Club De Hockey Canadien

So now that I've traded for Halak, how do you guys see him being used down the stretch? Price has been getting shelled seemingly every time out and Halak has been looking solid, any chance he steals the starters job or at least gets a start a week for the rest of the year?
Carbonneau seems to be taking the "win and you're in" route.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I think Carbo will run with Halak for the time being but he will give Price a fair chance at finding his groove eventually. Halak tends to be inconsistent, so opportunities for Price to showcase himself will be available. I'm personally way more confident goiong into the playoffs with Price and I think Carbo will try to make that reality unless their play dictactes otherwise.

I really want Kostitsyn to play on the right wing and away from Kovalev. Kostitsyn is so offensively gifted, playign him on the left and with Kovy limits him substantially. His stats are very telling.In 27 games with Plekanec and Kovalev, Kostitsyn has managed 5 goals and 4 assists.In 29 games away from Kovalev, he has 29 points.Carbo is too focused on getting the A. Kost-Pleks-Kovy line clicking like last year, but it is obvious the chemistry isn't the same. MaxPac-Pleks-A. Kost was a great line for a couple games, but Carbo broke it to put Kovy there.In otehr news Laraque isn't happy with how he is being used. He said when he talked to Carbo las summer, had he told him this is how he was going to get used he wouln't of signed here. He expects to get traded this season. sigh.

Laraque thinks he's a 3rd liner, but the rest of the world just sees him as a fighter. Too bad for him, because he does have some decent hands and skill. He's not super fast, so it'd be tough for him to be a serious 3rd liner, but his cycle game is very good.

TSN breaking news text msg are great: Begin to Dallas for Doug Janik.I don't know much about Janik. A d man who has jumped around the league with a couple teams. Does he fit in our roster at all?Thanks for begin a warrior Steve, but I agree with Bob, your time was up here.

TSN breaking news text msg are great: Begin to Dallas for Doug Janik.I don't know much about Janik. A d man who has jumped around the league with a couple teams. Does he fit in our roster at all?Thanks for begin a warrior Steve, but I agree with Bob, your time was up here.
Between that and free healthcare, it's a great week to be Canadian. We Yanks don't get the text message service, or at least we couldn't last season. Janik used to be a Sabres property, he's basically a slow checking defenseman with an adequate shot from the point and a halfway decent wrister. He was one of the guys that was brought into the playoff series with Carolina as an emergency recall when our defense came down with plague (as I recall it), and we all know how that turned out. I'm pretty sure he scored one of the Sabre goals in Game 7 though, so there's that. He hits pretty hard but doesn't do anything else particularly well. #6 defenseman at best, Pressbox Boy the rest of the time. That's about it, he won't be in a Montreal uniform next season and he's basically the answer to nothing. You essentially gifted Begin to Dallas (or they were nice enough to take him, either/or).

Begin became redundant in Montreal. Others were doing his job better and cheaper. Janik will be living in Hamilton.Thanks SB...we apprciated the effort every game.

Rumours are swirling in Montreal of something else off ice.... not related to the Kostityn thing. All players in that situation have been investigated and found 100% innocent of any knowledge of who they were dealing with...

Rumours are swirling in Montreal of something else off ice.... not related to the Kostityn thing. All players in that situation have been investigated and found 100% innocent of any knowledge of who they were dealing with...
hun? are you talking about the drug testing they underwent today by the NHL?
Probably some partying stories about Price, Higgins and company snorting coke from a stripper's snatch.
I honestly don't know what it is. I just know from a really good source that something else is up in Montreal that is off-ice related. That's all I have....
I honestly don't know what it is. I just know from a really good source that something else is up in Montreal that is off-ice related. That's all I have....
Is it something new or related to the La Presse article?
chris did you see the state the rumors put me in the other night.lets please not start that again.
Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

Look, I can't tell you who told me, but suffice it to say, it's someone who you see on television regularly as an 'insider' and he got it right from the source. He wouldnt tell me what it was....

Look, I can't tell you who told me, but suffice it to say, it's someone who you see on television regularly as an 'insider' and he got it right from the source. He wouldnt tell me what it was....
It must be Dreger or Kipper.