Club De Hockey Canadien

i hope the Pens new arena is even more dead that the melon tonight, that crowd sounded lame tonight.
That's just the way it sounds on TV. It's an old barn with shitty audio. I've been there, and it's rocking. And that was in the year after the lockout when the team was horrid.Fwiw, I didn't make my last post because I wanted something bad to happen to the Habs, in particular, so no offense meant to you. Destruction is good entertainment, though. Like I said, same reason people all slowdown to see wrecks on the highway, or spend hours investigating Lindsay Lohan's drug use, etc. Don't take it personally.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Fwiw, I didn't make my last post because I wanted something bad to happen to the Habs, in particular, so no offense meant to you. Destruction is good entertainment, though. Like I said, same reason people all slowdown to see wrecks on the highway, or spend hours investigating Lindsay Lohan's drug use, etc. Don't take it personally.
yeah, i was the same way. Nothing against the Habs, just seemed like huge news.Whats with Plekanec this week? He's been getting lots of points since Kovy was sat......find that kinda ironic.
yeah, i was the same way. Nothing against the Habs, just seemed like huge news.Whats with Plekanec this week? He's been getting lots of points since Kovy was sat......find that kinda ironic.
it's been a rollercoaster of ride tonight, I'm emotional. the media are assholesPleks has been on fire since his 2 games suspension. Kovy will also be on fire when he comes back from his 2 game break.Andre kostitsyn playing the right wing is a great thing. I hope carbo keeps him there. Tonights goals is a perect example that his shot needs to be used on the right wing. and lol at this slewfoot video. the slow mo make me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NEgsMqW3SI
:5c:ts:club::4h
I figured you would get pleasure out of a couple of young players possibly ruining there careers not to mention the affect it could have on their lives and families. You truly are a big ****ing *******.
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture...4550c4eea?pli=1SEX,, FUN, ROCK AND ROLL The Quebec french daily La Presse has published an embarrassing document today regarding Montreal Canadiens brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn's involvement with organized crime members arrested in a police investigation termed "Operation Axe". The presumed criminal, Pasquale Mangiola, 38, has been arrested for drug trafficking and it is alleged that he served as an intermediate for several criminal factions. During the investigation that led up to "Operation Axe" the police taped several telephone conversations with Mangiola's knowledge. Several of them involved the Kostitsyn brothers. According to La Presse, Mangiola is a good friend of the Kostitsyn brothers. The 38 year old was at the service of the two Canadiens players, performing favors for them that involved nights on the town, women, and luxury cars. Canadiens defenseman Roman Hamrlik also has ties with Mangiola. Hamrlik has been seen in bars in the company of Mangiola and the brothers. La Presse questioned Andrei Kostitsyn after the game against the Penguins on Thursday. The elder of the brothers confirmed that he knew Mangiola, but that he didn't know anything about him. Don Meehan, the player agent for both Kostitsyns, made it clear that does not know the individual in question. Additionally, Meehan and the Canadiens organization, sought to clarify that the demotion of Sergei to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs earlier in the week, was strictly done for reasons involving hockey.

I found a "rough translation" of the article...Criminal linked to three players in the CanadiensOne of the suspects in the axis operation against organized crime, Pasquale Mangiola, accused of drug trafficking, is a great friend of the brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, two players of the Montreal Canadiens, La Presse has learned of several police sources.At dawn on 12 February, police investigators in Montreal have sensed Mangiola, 38 years, as in fifty other suspects, for passing the handcuffs. He faces six charges of conspiracy, possession and trafficking of cocaine, and carrying of firearms prohibited.According to police, Mangiola was an intermediary between the three gangs targeted in the axis, the street gang of Blues, the Syndicate gang and criminal group of brothers Lavertu, in south-west of Montreal. All these groups are in the pay of the Hells Angels.Pasquale Mangiola is believed to act on behalf of the imprisoned leader of the Syndicate, Dany Cadet-Sprince. The latter was arrested, in prison, in this operation.It is by chance that the police discovered that friendship between Mangiola, big fan of hockey, both players and Montreal Canadiens. He spoke several times a week Sergei and Andrei Kostitsyn, as evidence of spinning and wiretaps obtained during the operation axis.Mangiola Brothers and K, are known as both players were often seen as the party together in bars and restaurants huppés St. Laurent Boulevard in Montreal. Mangiola would sometimes gather at the Bell Center, after matches.Under his wingAccording to our sources, Mangiola played an important role in the life of the duo. He had taken the Kostitsyn brothers under his wing, guiding them to the vagaries of life of newcomers in Montreal, advising them to find housing and cars. Mangiola had access to credit card statements of the two players. He was shopping for them. And, of course, passionately discussing issues related to Canada and play two strikers.Hundreds of Mangiola conversations were recorded without his knowledge as part of the operation axis. Kostitsyn brothers frequently Mangiola Pasquale to call when they need something. As bottles of vodka, luxury cars, women or others.Full contact, Mangiola was a pleasure to quickly fill all the requests.Until his arrest, Mangiola acting like a handyman with Kostitsyn brothers. One day, the car of a player has been damaged. He informed Mangiola. He has dealt with the case quickly, ensuring that repairs would be made.Intriguing documentsDuring a search related to his arrest, police also discovered Mangiola was in possession of documents on behalf of the Kostitsyn brothers. The reports were struck by the logo of the Canadian.Pasquale Mangiola was that with such documents belonging to two players in the NHL?Impossible to know: the Montreal Canadiens did not want to comment on reports in The Press yesterday. The two players agent, Don Meehan, told our colleague Richard Labbé not know Mangiola (see separate text on page A5).The police also discovered that another Canadian player, defenseman Roman Hamrlik, orbiting in the vicinity of the trio. Hamrlik has also been seen in bars downtown with Mangiola. The Czech defender was not as close to Mangiola that were the Kostitsyn brothers, according to our sources.Suspected of anythingFrom what The Press has learned, the two young stars of Canadian are suspected of any criminal activity. Same for Hamrlik.In recent days, the Montreal Canadiens is in turmoil, on the ice and off the ice. The club does not earn more, and must deal with persistent rumors affecting young players are very active in clubs, to the point of disturbing their sports performance.According to reports, the Canadian Hockey Club was established fragrance that Kostitsyn brothers had many bad dating Mangiola person.Tuesday evening, François Gagnon, who covers for The Canadian Press, asked the hockey club an official reaction on the links between the two Mangiola and Belarusian hockey. Answer: "We are not aware of such an association," said Donald Beauchamp, vice president of communications.As for the return of Sergei, the youngest of the brothers Kostitsyn, the club-CH School of Hamilton in the day on Tuesday, Mr. Beauchamp said: "This decision is linked only to sporting."After five days in the cell, Pasquale Mangiola could resume their liberty with a deposit of $ 45 000. At the request of the prosecution, Judge Michel Belhumeur, the Court of Quebec, has also imposed several conditions, including compliance with a curfew from 23h to 6h in the morning.The charges faced by Pasquale Mangiola as part of the operation axis are the most serious against him so far in his offense. In the late 90s, he pleaded guilty to assaulting a peace officer. In another case, he pleaded guilty to two counts of forgery of credit cards.Each year, police in Montreal meeting of the Canadian players to warn against the dangers facing professional athletes out of the rink. These hazards range from drugs to individuals criminalized. The NHL also cautions players on a regular basis, as members of organized crime may attempt to bind to them.

http://allhabs.blogspot.com/Don’t trust everything you see on TV... or the internet… or in the papers… Big Brother:A.k.a. Don’t read just the titles…Sometimes we read the papers or watch our favourite TV sport show and hear a player make a comment. Sometimes we are shocked by the comment itself. We then usually hear from the players that they were misquoted. More often than not, they aren’t. They said exactly what they meant. But unfortunately, we rarely hear the reason they made those comments and how they are taken out of context. Let me demonstrate.On Tuesday Bob Gainey sent his star player back home to take some rest. That is a fact. What most journalist talked about is how Bob Gainey said “The team doesn’t need Kovalev the way he plays right now”. That’s right, he said it. And it was a bomb in itself. Of course, he said that to wake up his player, kick him in the ass so to speak.No. He didn’t. Over the course of a long media session where Gainey first said he sent Kovalev homes because he was tired and was putting his emotions in the wrong places, the Montreal media tried many times to make Bob say that it was a huge risk. They wanted his to say that his team, without one of his best players, was doomed to lose. At one point after the third question looking like “what are the chances of winning without Kovalev in the lineup” Gainey finally said that the team doesn’t need him the way he’s playing right now.See the difference here? Now he’s not answering a question about why Alex is at home watching RDS and hearing about those comments, he answering about the chance of his team to win. What do you expect him to say here? “Oh yeah! We’re f%?&ed. We have absolutely no chance to win. I think we’ll just save the money from plane tickets and not even show up. I really think our players don’t lose too much energy over those two games.” Of course he can’t. He has to say he is confident that he team will prevail. Even if in his mind, he’s thinking that he might be throwing away two games to try to save the season, he still can’t say that. But at no point did he say Kovalev was sent home because the team didn’t need him, that’s just the way the Montreal media forget how they got a quote in the first place.And then, there is the idea that Kovalev would have said to some Russian newspaper that he didn’t expect to play for the Canadiens ever again, that he would refuse to play in Montreal next year and that the problem of the team is because the young players are partying too much and of course the coaches. Now, I know Kovy can have some solid brain cramps on the ice but he’s been in Montreal long enough to know that nothing he’ll say to any journalist around the world will not be heard in Montreal. Do I really believe he would have slammed the organization that much? He could have had a slip of the tongue and say he wasn’t as convinced he’d finish his career in Montreal like he said he would in the past but to go that far on pretty much every front?Then, there is always the problem that sport journalist in Montreal don’t always care about the truth. It is so easy to say anything about anybody and get away with it instead of having something meaningful to write. So when La Presse said that Bob Gainey was shopping Kovalev for two weeks already, I knew that was the type of comment that could never be verified, that will be denied true or false and was mainly designed to fill up space. Then we hear from multiple sources, from Montreal and around Canada, that General Managers actually called Gainey to enquire about the possibility of acquiring L’Artiste and all were answered that he wasn’t available. Obviously someone lied here and if you ask me, I’ll trust Bob McKenzie from TSN over every journalist on Montreal.And that of course brings us to the Main Story for the next couple of days. How the Kostitsyn brothers and Hamerlik have ties with a criminal and was originally presented as having possible criminal repercussions. Read the articles. Read how the police, during their investigations, taped hours and hours of conversations and discovered that Pasquale Mangiola, the criminal in question, and learned he is a big hockey fan and talked to them at least three times a week about the Canadiens and their own plays. He helped them get flashy cars, took them out to drink, got them girls… the whole works. But the police also said that none of those players are under any investigations and none of them did anything criminal.Was it stupid from two Russians to let a mobster help you buy Vodka and get cars and girls for them? You bet your ass it was. But we still aren’t talking about criminal repercussions or even criminal links. The kids for cool stuff in exchange from a couple of hours on the phone and, I’m sure, some Bell Centre tickets. Mangiola got to surround hockey players, talk to them and have fun with them in exchange for legal stuff that was probably a lot easier to get than what he usually did for criminal organization, which was the original investigation. In the middle of it, the police just learned that the guy liked hockey and was renting cars for some players. That’s not a crime, that’s barely a fun fact…So in the end, let me repeat myself a second. Yes, what you read in the papers, especially in big titles, is most of the time true. It happened or was said to a certain extent. But it is easy, fun and pretty much the norm in Montreal to take it out of context if it can make the story juicier.Just don’t stop at the title. Read more and don’t trust most of the Montreal media.
http://allhabs.blogspot.com/Don’t trust everything you see on TV... or the internet… or in the papers… Big Brother:A.k.a. Don’t read just the titles…Sometimes we read the papers or watch our favourite TV sport show and hear a player make a comment. Sometimes we are shocked by the comment itself. We then usually hear from the players that they were misquoted. More often than not, they aren’t. They said exactly what they meant. But unfortunately, we rarely hear the reason they made those comments and how they are taken out of context. Let me demonstrate.On Tuesday Bob Gainey sent his star player back home to take some rest. That is a fact. What most journalist talked about is how Bob Gainey said “The team doesn’t need Kovalev the way he plays right now”. That’s right, he said it. And it was a bomb in itself. Of course, he said that to wake up his player, kick him in the ass so to speak.No. He didn’t. Over the course of a long media session where Gainey first said he sent Kovalev homes because he was tired and was putting his emotions in the wrong places, the Montreal media tried many times to make Bob say that it was a huge risk. They wanted his to say that his team, without one of his best players, was doomed to lose. At one point after the third question looking like “what are the chances of winning without Kovalev in the lineup” Gainey finally said that the team doesn’t need him the way he’s playing right now.See the difference here? Now he’s not answering a question about why Alex is at home watching RDS and hearing about those comments, he answering about the chance of his team to win. What do you expect him to say here? “Oh yeah! We’re f%?&ed. We have absolutely no chance to win. I think we’ll just save the money from plane tickets and not even show up. I really think our players don’t lose too much energy over those two games.” Of course he can’t. He has to say he is confident that he team will prevail. Even if in his mind, he’s thinking that he might be throwing away two games to try to save the season, he still can’t say that. But at no point did he say Kovalev was sent home because the team didn’t need him, that’s just the way the Montreal media forget how they got a quote in the first place.And then, there is the idea that Kovalev would have said to some Russian newspaper that he didn’t expect to play for the Canadiens ever again, that he would refuse to play in Montreal next year and that the problem of the team is because the young players are partying too much and of course the coaches. Now, I know Kovy can have some solid brain cramps on the ice but he’s been in Montreal long enough to know that nothing he’ll say to any journalist around the world will not be heard in Montreal. Do I really believe he would have slammed the organization that much? He could have had a slip of the tongue and say he wasn’t as convinced he’d finish his career in Montreal like he said he would in the past but to go that far on pretty much every front?Then, there is always the problem that sport journalist in Montreal don’t always care about the truth. It is so easy to say anything about anybody and get away with it instead of having something meaningful to write. So when La Presse said that Bob Gainey was shopping Kovalev for two weeks already, I knew that was the type of comment that could never be verified, that will be denied true or false and was mainly designed to fill up space. Then we hear from multiple sources, from Montreal and around Canada, that General Managers actually called Gainey to enquire about the possibility of acquiring L’Artiste and all were answered that he wasn’t available. Obviously someone lied here and if you ask me, I’ll trust Bob McKenzie from TSN over every journalist on Montreal.And that of course brings us to the Main Story for the next couple of days. How the Kostitsyn brothers and Hamerlik have ties with a criminal and was originally presented as having possible criminal repercussions. Read the articles. Read how the police, during their investigations, taped hours and hours of conversations and discovered that Pasquale Mangiola, the criminal in question, and learned he is a big hockey fan and talked to them at least three times a week about the Canadiens and their own plays. He helped them get flashy cars, took them out to drink, got them girls… the whole works. But the police also said that none of those players are under any investigations and none of them did anything criminal.Was it stupid from two Russians to let a mobster help you buy Vodka and get cars and girls for them? You bet your ass it was. But we still aren’t talking about criminal repercussions or even criminal links. The kids for cool stuff in exchange from a couple of hours on the phone and, I’m sure, some Bell Centre tickets. Mangiola got to surround hockey players, talk to them and have fun with them in exchange for legal stuff that was probably a lot easier to get than what he usually did for criminal organization, which was the original investigation. In the middle of it, the police just learned that the guy liked hockey and was renting cars for some players. That’s not a crime, that’s barely a fun fact…So in the end, let me repeat myself a second. Yes, what you read in the papers, especially in big titles, is most of the time true. It happened or was said to a certain extent. But it is easy, fun and pretty much the norm in Montreal to take it out of context if it can make the story juicier.Just don’t stop at the title. Read more and don’t trust most of the Montreal media.
Sounds like the Montreal media is a bunch of buffoons. :club:

just so we are all clear, it's the montreal sports media that are buffons, there is good journalism in Montreal, just that sports journalism is retarded here.All the guys on RDS and L'Antichambre and the radio knew what the story was and hyped it up like crazy. La Presse had the exclusive story and I guess they asked for it to stay secret until they printed it. All the media guys who said stuff liek a bomb will fall on montreal tomorrow, the centenial is ruined yada yada should respectfully resign. This is why FA are so hard to get. Although their implication with a known criminal isn't a good situation, the manner that they approched the situation is disgraceful. these palyers have lives, problems,issues like the rest of us, they aren't perfect .Their private lives should be respected more, when a story like this does come, deal with it professionally. nobody on the habs has done anything illegal as far as we know, yes the kostitsyn's were in tight with a russian mobster, but how surprizing is that really.poor kostitsyn isn't very good in english, a journalist questioned about mangolia after the game yesterday:http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/quebe...opos-de-lui.php

Lorsqu'on lui a demandé si, à l'extérieur de la patinoire, il avait recours à Mangiola pour les questions de femmes et d'alcool, le Biélorusse de 23 ans a répondu: «Je m'occupe de ces choses-là par moi-même.» Sur cette réponse, le relationniste du Canadien, Donald Beauchamp, a mis fin à l'entretien.
translation: Q: Did magolia hook you up with women and booze?Kost: I take care of that myself.then the habs PR ended the questioning.i'm sure his wife appreciated that...
I figured you would get pleasure out of a couple of young players possibly ruining there careers not to mention the affect it could have on their lives and families. You truly are a big ****ing *******.
If it happened to ANYONE else other than the CAC brothers I may have sympathy.. But after all their cheap shotting, bad mouthing of Grabovski and just overall arrogant SOB air that they have around them, I was really glad this came out.These guys have professionals around them all the time to warn them about the dangers of drugs and hanging around shady people...They arent 5 years old..It took 100 years of legends like Richard,Believau,Lafleur,Dryden etc to establish the tradition and honour of the Habs franchise. It only took 2 CAC brothers to ruin it.The only person I feel bad for is Bob Gainey.
If it happened to ANYONE else other than the CAC brothers I may have sympathy.. But after all their cheap shotting, bad mouthing of Grabovski and just overall arrogant SOB air that they have around them, I was really glad this came out.These guys have professionals around them all the time to warn them about the dangers of drugs and hanging around shady people...They arent 5 years old..It took 100 years of legends like Richard,Believau,Lafleur,Dryden etc to establish the tradition and honour of the Habs franchise. It only took 2 CAC brothers to ruin it.The only person I feel bad for is Bob Gainey.
So much for a week's vacation making you into a nicer person.
So much for a week's vacation making you into a nicer person.
Chris I did a lot of thinking and I realized that I am a nice person so I really dont care what you say...If by bad mouthing drug dealers,low life mobsters is making me a jerk, then I will be gladly a jerk.I couldnt have imagined a better turn out for the 100 year celebration..
Chris I did a lot of thinking and I realized that I am a nice person so I really dont care what you say...If by bad mouthing drug dealers,low life mobsters is making me a jerk, then I will be gladly a jerk.I couldnt have imagined a better turn out for the 100 year celebration..
The thing is, you're bad mouthing pretty much everybody in Montreal. If you want to bad mouth them, bad mouth the culprits individually, don't group together an entire city, just because the individuals are a part of it. Heck we don't even know if they've done anything wrong yet, it's still basically all rumous. At least learn that the rumours are fact, and then bad mouth them. Normally I like to defend you Serge, but you're being ridiculous in this case.
No, serge, you're not bad mouthing drug dealers, or mobsters. You're badmouthing a couple of young hockey players. By all accounts, all they did was befriend a club owner, without knowing he was connected. I absolutely GUARANTEE that many of your heroes in Toronto are friends with people with similar connections. Your hatred is unfortunate, and becoming sad. You're rapidly becoming a cartoon character, instead of a real human. And, yes, in real life, you're a nice person. But on here, you're a ****ing asshole. I trust, btw, that you burned your leaf jerseys, back when you found out that borje salming was heavily into cocaine. I'm sure, of course, that he wasnt buying his drugs from a low life drug dealer.