Club De Hockey Canadien

My buddy who never sends me habs info just forwarded me this, a conversation between him and nobody particularly connected:

Kevin: Rumors are flying all over the place. La Presse will break the story in the papersKevin: Jacques Demers was apparently in tears in the studioKevin: The players are very aggressive on the busKevin: Chances are some players are going to be arrested.sean: for what?Kevin: No idea. The story hasn't broke yet. Apparently some people think it's sexual assault, others drugs.Kevin: But apparently it's HORRIBLE.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I can confirm Demers was about to cry on tv earlier.He and Bergeron said that MANY players were involved, and that it was the biggest thing in Habs history.Pednault took a call, live on 110%, and when he came back, he said that things were escalating with the players in the bus.Rumor has it that players will be arrested later tonight at the airport. Demers was really taken by all of this. He said that greats like Beliveau never should have lived to witness this, and that hockey would come second tommorow.

I've been bombarded with e-mails tonight from several of my readers who were watching the Canadiens-Penguins post-game show on RDS (the French version of TSN) and the analysts report a major "bombshell" is going to explode in the Montreal media on Friday involving the Canadiens. No word yet on what the story is but I've been hearing from some readers that a story will appear in La Presse (one of the major papers in Montreal) that could potentially involve allegations of criminal charges against several Canadiens players. None of them involve Alex Kovalev, who was recently sent home by Canadiens GM Bob Gainey for the club's final two games of their recent six-game road trip. I want to caution my readers that so far I've heard few details, only talk of criminal allegations, and nothing has been confirmed yet, nor has the Canadiens responded to this. It's also possible this could be nothing more but another rumor but for now this one seemed serious enough to generate considerable response from those of my readers who are Habs fans. Hopefully we'll have more on this over the next twelve hours. **UPDATE** Mike Boone of the Montreal Gazette's "Habs Inside/out" site confirms La Presse reporter Richard Labbe claimed his paper would have a major story in Friday's edition, hinting at behaviour that could result in criminal charges against several Canadiens.
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Spect...ut_to_Get_Worse...apparently it was mentioned on RDS according to my "source"

I'll try to stream LCN later.Im watching L'Antichambre now and they're saying a story will break soon. The players played today nowing what went down, Koivu didn't look at all like himself out there tonight.

I meant to say this immediately after the Pens game, but for something on the brighter side, I've been quite impressed by Pacioretty and D'Agostini every time I see them playing.
D'ago made costly mistakes tonight.
D'ago made costly mistakes tonight.
Yeah, I mostly noticed Max in this one, but figured I'd toss in D'ago because his numbers are looking good. Either way, I can't wait for this story to break, lol. (and I don't mean that as a shot at habs fans, or the team, just that it's interesting and suspensful)
Something big is about to hit in Montreal. At Habs Inside/Out (which is down right now due to the traffic volume), Mike Boone reports that one French-language columnist is touting "a blockbuster story in Friday’s edition" of La Presse that pertaints to some of the Habs "enjoying too much of Montreal’s celebrated nightlife." Rumours are also circulating on HFBoards tonight, and my inbox is full of emails from people wanting to know more. Early indications are that it's something we haven't seen before. A few high-profile commentators appeared on L'Antichambre, a television show, after the team's loss in Pittsburgh tonight, and they included former Habs coach Jacques Demers and several sports reporters. Here's a roughly translated snippet of their conversation provided by a friend of mine: Jacques Demers: "Honestly, there are things I know, and what looks like what's going to come out [in the papers] tomorrow, I swear to you, I thought about Mr. Beliveau tonight ... and I just hope I'm dreaming. I'm a proud Canadien, the Canadiens are my life, and I hope I'm dreaming but I don't think I am."Michel Bergeron: "I feel the same way. It's unbelievable. Tomorrow, hockey will be second. I don't like at all what I've heard today."Bob Hartley: "If everything we've been told is true, I've never seen that in my life. If it's true, I'm going back to Atlanta [joking]"Michel Bergeron: "The Canadiens are my roots, and my idols, like you guys...and it looks like the foundation is going to be shaken. Not just for the Quebecois but for anyone who wears the Canadiens sweater around the country. To me, what's happened, it's unacceptable".Alain Crete: "We can't go into many details but something has happened that will implicate not just one Canadiens player but many. You'll be hearing more tomorrow." Cyberpresse.ca reporter Rejean Tremblay, meanwhile, said he's recently received calls from police, a lawyer and those close to the team, and that the tales he's hearing are "juicy." more to come
James Mirtlehttp://www.fromtherink.com/2009/2/19/765091/canadiens-scandal-rumours

there are reading the article to be printed in La Presse tomorrow right now on the radio. sergei andrei and hammrlik are linked to serious drug dealers.A drug dealer named mangiola, operation Axe or something...listening to him read it now

LOL.....I came on here because my cousin in Montreal emailed me an hour ago (i just got online) to say make sure I listen to the radio in the AM or go to rds.ca for some big Habs news....I figured this place would have somethingthanks Coesillian!

It's the 3 first pages of La Presse, all about the Kostitsyn's and Hammrlik. Operation Axe.wicked, it's nothing to insane after all, this is a relief.
so what exactly is it? Just that they are "associated" with a drug dealer?

ya, it's no big deal i guess, a big hype.Montreal lived through a biker war a couple years ago that resulted in over a hundred deaths. So a couple of Russians are related to a big time Russian Mafia criminal drug dealer, this isn't nearly as bad as I heard it would be. I though tomorrow would be a day of epic shame for all habs and hockey fans alike. lol.their involvement and knowledge of any criminal activity is all speculation at this point.epic.

bah, wanted something much more epic, just to feed that need... you know, the same part of your mind that wants to witness a horrific auto accident in person...
i hope the Pens new arena is even more dead that the melon tonight, that crowd sounded lame tonight.

The Theo scandal was way worse than this and he wasn't ran out of town for it. well directly at least, it definitely affected his games, just like this is already affecting the team.