Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

wow, we just killed three 5 on 3's and only allowed 11 shots in the 2nd period with 12 penalty minutes. PK is looking solid. Price is looking terrific.
shhhhh

whats going on with the Kostitsyn brothers??my prop bets thank the slow start..is it AK47 you call one i think??

whats going on with the Kostitsyn brothers??my prop bets thank the slow start..is it AK47 you call one i think??
Ak27 = kovalevAK46= Andrei KostitsynThe Andrei-Plekanec-Kovalev line isn't shinning but they are getting chances, plekanecs looks good and has been a little unlucky so far. Andrei looks ok, still finding his groove though. Sergei is a little more worrysome. Started the season off strong but isn't working as hard as I'd like to see. He was on the point on the 2nd PP unit last night. Markov played the whole 2 minutes, first on the left, then on the right.
Ak27 = kovalevAK46= Andrei KostitsynThe Andrei-Plekanec-Kovalev line isn't shinning but they are getting chances, plekanecs looks good and has been a little unlucky so far. Andrei looks ok, still finding his groove though. Sergei is a little more worrysome. Started the season off strong but isn't working as hard as I'd like to see. He was on the point on the 2nd PP unit last night. Markov played the whole 2 minutes, first on the left, then on the right.
he did have that one big game against the Leafs.(Sergei)has there been any talk of extending any of the many free agents?
he did have that one big game against the Leafs.(Sergei)
ya that was a big night, but since then he only has 1 point in 7 games. The guy is a natural competitor and just needs a little spark to get it going again.
has there been any talk of extending any of the many free agents?
Kovy mentioned an extension this summer but didn't get one, the brass probably wants to see a repeat performence of last year before they decide his worth.At the beginig of the season I heard some wishpers about extendidn Komisarek (who is probably the #1 priority), but Gainey has a no-negotiatins policy durign the season. So if it doesn't happen before Chrismas, I don't see anything else happening until after the season.besides those 2 there are Koivu, tanguay and lang who become UFA and Plekanec and Higgins who become RFA, not to mention a few others i believe. And Price will be due for a raise after next season. There will be alot of work for Gainey but he's so competant that I'm not worried, he'll make the right decision (yes, I've chosen to forget teh Ribiero trade)

Yan Dannis will be starting in nets for Islanders on Saturday.I expect a blow out or a shutout, but with the Isles team in front of him I predict the former.I'm happy to see him get another chance at the NHl and wish him all the best, after tomorrow.

Yan Dannis will be starting in nets for Islanders on Saturday.I expect a blow out or a shutout, but with the Isles team in front of him I predict the former.I'm happy to see him get another chance at the NHl and wish him all the best, after tomorrow.
anyone else think this guy is a bit of a sleeper? I mean, its not like he's gonna unseat the 30year deal guy (Dipietro), but I thought he was a very good goalie, stuck in an organization with too much gtd depth ahead of him. I remember watching him in Hamilton during lockout time thinking he would be pretty good, but I havent kept up with him last couple of years, not sure what happened other than no room on the Habs for him.if Dipietro is out a while, he might really shine there, as poor as that team is.

Thankfully we were playing the Islanders. There aren't many teams you will beat when you only play one good period.Hopefully, Plekanec is awake for good now.

Does Montreal have any players without a "k" in their name?
Sure they do:KovalevPlekanecKostitynKostitynKoivuHamrlikMarkovKotsopoulousKomisarekHalak Umm.......er......... NO.

it was Canada vs New York tonight..in a matter of minutes we barrage the New York teams together..We were together as one UNIT, at least for one night we were brothers...KARMA

So Grabovski no good, but this guy they throw 2 year contract at..His name is David Desharnais.Good luck David, if you are good they will trade you, if you suck you deserve it.http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254878&lid...s=headlines_nhl
He went undrafted but has been invited to training camps a couple times i believe. he played in the ECHL and did well, in 68 games he went 29G-77A-106pts, and is now getting a shot at the AHL. He's the kind of player no one ever believes in becasue he's 5'6", so he has to work twice as hard if he ever wants a shot at the NHL. They signed him for the farm team, no the big leagues.lats is now practicing on the 3rd line with lang and sergei. sergei has been called out by the coach for lack of work ethic on the ice and I fully agree, he's not hustling out there. hopefully this will shake him up some. Guy is very positive about working with lang and sergei. I think it's a good fit and they should do well together. I liked what I saw from Guy on the koivu line, he proved he can handle the job but still needs some refining, putting Higgins there is the right move IMO. Apparently the Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay line was really clicking in pre-season, this line is going to be so fast and exciting, 3 guys with great vision and speed (and 2 all-star nominees!).as for the andrei-pleks-kovy line, hopefully last games point production will carry over. Kostitsyn didn't seem 100% yet but made one heck of a move vs the Isles on that pass to Pleks (I believe). whats great is that we have 4 or 5 components that can swing a game on any given night. Eitehr of the 1st 2 lines and Carrey Price can win a game on their own (and have this season). 4th - Markov: he is such a stable and underated force on the blueline, he can contain the best of them in his zone and bite you in the offensive zone. 5th, the powerplay: it hasn't been as stellar this year, but with kovalev, markov and tanguay out there if you get into PP trouble vs the habs you're done. And we have 2 great 3rd and 4th lines, this team is stacked. only on d is there a bit of doubt. Our top 3 are stellar, but the bottom 3 are a little soft. i wouldn't mind seeing Bob make a move at some point this season to get another top 4 defencemen. if we were to lose one of Komi/markov/Hammrlik for an extended period of time, we would be hard pressed to fill in their shoes.Go habs!
Did you guys catch the comments by Stan Fischler on MSG about Carey Price? Never liked that guy, but these comments seemed ridiculous even by his standards.
I thought Stan Fischler died two years ago. Now I'm wondering not only what Stan Fischler said but who was it that died two years ago that I thought was Stan Fischler?
I thought Stan Fischler died two years ago. Now I'm wondering not only what Stan Fischler said but who was it that died two years ago that I thought was Stan Fischler?
I think you saw him on tv and he just looked dead.Fischler-PriceI actually saw it on tv, I just couldnt remember the exact words. Maybe there's a link on youtube somewhere.

I remeber talking about the rink the habs practice at in Verdun a while ago. I played they're acouple times and I was shocked that the habs practice there becasue the rooms are so tiny. Well I found some picture and they really are as small as I remembered. They usually show up nearly fully dressed though. Like they get dressed at the bell and hop on the bus to Verdun (short ride). They will be moving into a state of the art complex in a few months.03hab.preview.jpg14pb.preview.JPG01pb.preview.JPG02pb.preview.JPG06pb.preview.JPG18pb.preview.JPG