Club De Hockey Canadien

I don't really know. I was just trying to sound more like Eddie, but I didn't completely sell it. Kinda came up a bit short...
Does it hurt to be that stupid??? Before I go back to knocking up my girlfriend, let me just add NH, sir. GG life.(how was that?)Seriously, though - gg Habs. You guys will be even scarier next year, since the Habs are on the rise. Unlike other canadian teams that shall go unmentioned, that are actually going from bad to worse.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

The team played great all year, won big games against the best teams, lost a few soft ones to weak teams like Florida and Toronta but pulled off victories against strong teams like Ottawa and New Jersey ect down the stretch. Price did not come up with the BIG saves at key times in the series against Philly like he did down the stretch but he will mature and be better next season. With the youth on the team no where to go but up. Great season Habs, thanks. :club:

OLE OLE OLE OLE...POUTINE...OLE..OLE OLE OLE OLE...PRICE SUCKSOLE OLE OLE OLE....**** THEM ALL OLEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

OLE OLE OLE OLE...POUTINE...OLE..OLE OLE OLE OLE...PRICE SUCKSOLE OLE OLE OLE....**** THEM ALL OLEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
This post came much later than expected. Your celebratory hangover must have been brutal.

This elimination is hard to swallow but I love our team and I am grateful for the chance to play in the 2nd round with such a young team. The experience gained from this post season will be very valuable for next year when our post season run will be deeper. Soon enough we'll be called cup contenders at the beginning of the season. I don't think any "experts" will predict the habs to miss the playoffs next year. 01%20habsin2%200421_preview.jpg Price's good run ran out. He wasn't as stellar as he was during the regular season but thats ok. He's only 20 and got a taste of the pressure and intensity that the NHL playoffs bring. We all know how good he can be, next year he will develop more consistency and I'm sure we will see a completely different Price next post season, the brilliant and exciting Price I was expecting this year. What's really scary is that if Price had been on fire we could blown the Flyers out of the water and given the Pens a run for their money. Oh well, next year will be even more exciting, plus there a still a bunch of great prospects who will be getting shots at the big leagues, but before I start dreaming about next year I'm going to enjoy the rest of the post season.The Pens have a sick team and now that the Habs are out will probably win the cup.

LOL @ the Leafs and Bruins fans celebrating Montreal's exit.Taking prop bets for next season...I got Montreal...what's your bet? Ray? Serge?

LOL @ the Leafs and Bruins fans celebrating Montreal's exit.Taking prop bets for next season...I got Montreal...what's your bet? Ray? Serge?
I will bet that the blues finish at least 20 points behind the habs in the standings.

Montreal will be near the top again next year and unfortunately for the "Toronto Maple Leaf's #1 fan", da leafs will be getting the golf clubs ready again come April.

I continue to envy Habs fans. The future looks bright and I think a guy like Price is only scratching the surface of his potential. For sure, any discussion of Cup contenders for the next couple of years should involve Montreal. But, as an outsider, I consider the Habs to have 2 big weaknesses. One, is a lack of grit at the top of the lineup. Not sure the first 2 lines show enough physical and mental toughness to make it through a long tournament like the playoffs. Maybe with some experience and age, guys like Plek, Higg and the Kosty brothers will just mature into that type of game. I could see this happening, so maybe less to worry about here. The second weakness I see, and I'd love to hear what you guys think, is the lack of a true star who you can count on to lead by example at the top, both with talent and grit. I think Kovalev was unreal this year, and probably deserved some consideration for MVP. But I don't know which Alexei shows up next year. I see other top Cup contenders, and I think they all have that great leader.....and Im not sure the Habs have that. I think the one thing holding these guys back once they reach their potential might be the lack of a true go to guy, especially one who wont frail when the game gets tough. Not saying Kovy did that this year, but just wonder if you can count on him like you can other true leaders. And if he reverts back to lacy Alex, who steps up? Do they have that kind of guy? Not trying to be negative, just expressing the only two issues I see going forward. Like I said, I envy the youth and talent.

I continue to envy Habs fans. The future looks bright and I think a guy like Price is only scratching the surface of his potential. For sure, any discussion of Cup contenders for the next couple of years should involve Montreal. But, as an outsider, I consider the Habs to have 2 big weaknesses. One, is a lack of grit at the top of the lineup. Not sure the first 2 lines show enough physical and mental toughness to make it through a long tournament like the playoffs. Maybe with some experience and age, guys like Plek, Higg and the Kosty brothers will just mature into that type of game. I could see this happening, so maybe less to worry about here. The second weakness I see, and I'd love to hear what you guys think, is the lack of a true star who you can count on to lead by example at the top, both with talent and grit. I think Kovalev was unreal this year, and probably deserved some consideration for MVP. But I don't know which Alexei shows up next year. I see other top Cup contenders, and I think they all have that great leader.....and Im not sure the Habs have that. I think the one thing holding these guys back once they reach their potential might be the lack of a true go to guy, especially one who wont frail when the game gets tough. Not saying Kovy did that this year, but just wonder if you can count on him like you can other true leaders. And if he reverts back to lacy Alex, who steps up? Do they have that kind of guy? Not trying to be negative, just expressing the only two issues I see going forward. Like I said, I envy the youth and talent.
I think Higgins, Latendresse, Chipchura, Lapierre, etc will provide enough grit/offense in the future.I'm not overly concerned about not having that so-called star player because I look at a team like the Dallas Stars and I don't see that star player unless you count Turco. I think Price will be our star player.I would like to see the Habs add another stopper on the blueline. If we could clone Komisarek it would be awesome. Hopefully one of the d-prospects will bloom.As for Kovalev; if I were the GM I would seriously consider trading him. His value will probably never be higher than it is now.
Lol at you wanting to turn everything into a bet. I realize Montreal might* be a better team, I don't think the Bruins are better, but I do enjoy seeing the team I hate the most lose. so yeah F the habs
Lol at you wanting to turn everything into a bet.
Where else have I offered you a wager, Ray? Don't be bitter because the Habs have Boston's number and always will.
Where else have I offered you a wager, Ray? Don't be bitter because the Habs have Boston's number and always will.
It's not only to me because I rarely talk down about your team. But I've seen you offer Serge numerous bets.. seems like your favourite form of rebuttal.
It's not only to me because I rarely talk down about your team. But I've seen you offer Serge numerous bets.. seems like your favourite form of rebuttal.
You mean those numerous bets I've offered in the threads where Serge asks for bets...LOL.
You mean those numerous bets I've offered in the threads where Serge asks for bets...LOL.
if my time was closer to worthless, I'd be able to find quite a few discussions that end with you offering a bet unprompted. not that there's anything wrong with having a hair trigger with props on a poker forum.
if my time was closer to worthless, I'd be able to find quite a few discussions that end with you offering a bet unprompted. not that there's anything wrong with having a hair trigger with props on a poker forum.
I'm fairly certain you're wrong. Perhaps we can wager?

I find it weird that Russia doesn't want Kovalev in the world championship with them.Maybe he's not been paying his taxes to the mafia.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread was about to drop off the second page...The ridicolous poutine eating buffoons of Montreal have been quieted. How did your season work out Habs fans??Let me summarize...Lucky run in the first round ..then PFFT..Good luck next year making the playoffs..Les Glorieux nes pas a bon equipe. Les habitants traveille avec le chien de Montreal. Vive le Toronto, Vive le bleu et blanc.