Club De Hockey Canadien

Ottawa getting swept in 4 games CHECKMontreal getting beat due to Price's inexperience CHECKPenguins not to win the EAST Working on it
Leafs miss the playoffs again...FORE
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Leafs miss the playoffs again...FORE
Who are these Leafs you speak of?I think I heard something about them years ago, are they still in the NHL?
don't count the Habs out of it yet, they could easily reel off 3 straight. Wash was down 3-1 and pushed it to 7, game 7 in Montreal will be a nightmare situation for Philly.
As big a fan as I am, I'm un-Serge-like in that I can see the faults that exist in the team I cheer for. The habs have showed NOTHING that shows me they're any threat whatsoever to come back in this series. This team fell apart in game 5 of the Boston series when Price let in that weak goal and they lost confidence in him. They were lucky to get by the Bruins and have been overmatched in EVERY game this series, eeking out their only win in overtime. This one could very easily have been a sweep. It's ooooooooooover.
As big a fan as I am, I'm un-Serge-like in that I can see the faults that exist in the team I cheer for. The habs have showed NOTHING that shows me they're any threat whatsoever to come back in this series. This team fell apart in game 5 of the Boston series when Price let in that weak goal and they lost confidence in him. They were lucky to get by the Bruins and have been overmatched in EVERY game this series, eeking out their only win in overtime. This one could very easily have been a sweep. It's ooooooooooover.
I have to agree with you.Sure, there is a slim chance of the Habs coming back, but I just don't see it happening. I hope they prove me wrong though.One good thing should come out of losing though, there shouldn't be any riots in Montreal right?
I have to agree with you.Sure, there is a slim chance of the Habs coming back, but I just don't see it happening. I hope they prove me wrong though.One good thing should come out of losing though, there shouldn't be any riots in Montreal right?
Lets hope there are no riots, win or lose...I am cheering for a calm finish.
It's ooooooooooover.
Qft.Starting 2008-2009 season prop bets with this one:Carey Price is NOT the starting goalie for the Habs in their season opener Opens at -130.
Qft.Starting 2008-2009 season prop bets with this one:Carey Price is NOT the starting goalie for the Habs in their season opener Opens at -130.
I'll take Price to play game #1 at 1.30, $50 to win $65.

lol i'm not serge here, dont' have money that I enjoy setting on fire, but I just think he's done in Montreal now. They've lost total confidence in him.

lol i'm not serge here, dont' have money that I enjoy setting on fire, but I just think he's done in Montreal now. They've lost total confidence in him.
fair enough, I wasnt sure if you were serious about the bet/line!but I disagree with you about the future role of Price. I think, and I guess I hope, they stick with him, strong. Are fans in Mtl. really going to want someone else a little after the sting of this loss sets in? Tonight, this week they may be pissed, but I gotta believe long term, you dont even question his role as #1.

Barring injury Ill take that bet for whatever amount youd like lol. He let in two soft ones sure, and he had a shaky game or two in this series but thats not why we lost. A) Biron stood on his head, kudos to him big time. Personally I thought he was going to fold up like a cheap tent and he really played unbelievably. B) As Don Cherry said in the post game, it wasn't that the flyers were that good, it was that Montreal really just played that lousy. I really think the collapse against the bruins really shook the team confidence/chemistry. Price is fairly far down the list of goats if you ask me. On a brighter note I believe we were the youngest team int he playoffs, and it showed, BUT there really is nowhere to go but up for this team. Our exit this year looked very similar to the Penguins last year, right down to the questions about a young goaltender (who was still 3 years older than Price is now). I have complete faith we will learn from these failings and be a much better team next year. Like the 80s oilers always said you need to learn how to lose before you can learn to win. Great season boys, can't wait to see how we do next year.

Overachieved in the regular season set them up to underachieve in the post season. Thought they were better than they showed in this series and more to blame than Price was the shitty defense in front of him. The kids 20 years old and he will be fine.

but I disagree with you about the future role of Price. I think, and I guess I hope, they stick with him, strong.
Oh there's no disagreement at all on my part, I hope they do as well. When the coach benches you in pretty much the most important game of the year for the team however, it doesn't bode well for your future plans.

Pretty weird how the Flyers were so close to a game 7 loss to the Caps and just kinda swatted off Montreal, Price has gotta go work on some things in the offseason (puck handling and some positioning) but he'll be a star in due time I bet. Good season Montreal, kinda wanted to see a Pittsburgh and Montreal conference final but oh well.

When the coach benches you in pretty much the most important game of the year for the team however, it doesn't bode well for your future plans.
Mike Keenen and Kipprusoff? :club:
Pretty weird how the Flyers were so close to a game 7 loss to the Caps and just kinda swatted off Montreal, Price has gotta go work on some things in the offseason (puck handling and some positioning) but he'll be a star in due time I bet. Good season Montreal, kinda wanted to see a Pittsburgh and Montreal conference final but oh well.
yeah anytime he handled the puck i was cringing.

Iam drunk. I missed the game tonighjt but I see that Montreal lsot. Obviously I'm dispointed that they lost but what a helluva season. I didn't ecpext this team to make the playoffs let alone finish first in the conference and make it to the second round. I am extremely happy with this season and think this team has a great future ahead.Go Habs go.Btw...I'm drunk because my wife threw a surprise birthday party for me.Carry on..

Iam drunk. I missed the game tonighjt but I see that Montreal lsot. Obviously I'm dispointed that they lost but what a helluva season. I didn't ecpext this team to make the playoffs let alone finish first in the conference and make it to the second round. I am extremely happy with this season and think this team has a great future ahead.Go Habs go.Btw...I'm drunk because my wife threw a surprise birthday party for me.Carry on..
Sorry man. You get a great party and you get this for your birthday! :club:

im drunk too. in the end we deserved better than we got but overa;; we got way more than anybody expected. Despite all the good things we can take from this season and these playoffs, right now I'm pissed, sad, depressed and very unhapppy. and since I'm in no mood to call serge all the names he deserves to be called for being a major douchebag, I have a stat he can't refute: Price has been by far the best 20 year old goalie of the post season.gg habs