Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I loved Carbonneau's comment; "He deserved it." :club:
He also invented a new word .He said Timmonen was "Narguing"''You're happy. Take the two points and go home. Don't turn around and start narguing (needling) our players.''I checked several dictionaries and the word doesnt exist.I love how the Habs justify a barbaric move by the greek goon...
He also invented a new word .He said Timmonen was "Narguing"''You're happy. Take the two points and go home. Don't turn around and start narguing (needling) our players.''I checked several dictionaries and the word doesnt exist.I love how the Habs justify a barbaric move by the greek goon...
So you and Carbs have something in common. You both have your own language.

He used the french word for needling/tauting.I hope dandenault gets benched and Latendresse gets soem ice time, he deserves the experience and Dandenault won't be a Hab next year.

What's your definition of "justify" Serge?
What's your definition of "justify" Serge?
to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable b (1): to show to have had a sufficient legal reason (2): to qualify (oneself) as a surety by taking oath to the ownership of sufficient propertyIt was neither just, right or reasonable to sucker punch someone like that..He may have had a reason, but it was neither legal or legitimate..Just my opinion.
to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable b (1): to show to have had a sufficient legal reason (2): to qualify (oneself) as a surety by taking oath to the ownership of sufficient propertyIt was neither just, right or reasonable to sucker punch someone like that..He may have had a reason, but it was neither legal or legitimate..Just my opinion.
I didn't hear anyone say it was legal or a good thing to do. I heard Carbonneau express his opinion that Timmonen deserved it and I agree with him.

Could we hit more posts? Also Steve Downie is a joke, I've hated him since his junior days and I still believe one of the worst travesties in Canadian hockey was him having the honnour of wearing the red and white for team Canada.

What about if Price has already established position and is just waiting for the puck to arrive?
Goalies get tapped by sticks all the time and the game would look silly if they called a penalty ever time they got tapped with a stick.If the player swings at a high puck and almost takes the goalies head off...welll maybe :club:
Goalies get tapped by sticks all the time and the game would look silly if they called a penalty ever time they got tapped with a stick.If the player swings at a high puck and almost takes the goalies head off...welll maybe :club:
But that's the thing...he wasn't just tapped, his glove was hit hard enough to prevent him from catching the puck.

Bogus too many men on the ice penalty.Nice non-call on Richards.Montreal didn't deserve to win. If they ever started a game like they finish most they'd be doing okay.Kovalev, get a new batch of sticks.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehow is that rookie goalie working out..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Are you using the same rant you used after game 6 against the Bruins?This is a great learning experience for all the Montreal youngsters. They're gonna make me a nice profit over the next few years.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehow is that rookie goalie working out..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
He's doing well. He won one round, and has a 5 and 5 record playing behind a team playing well below their regular season standards.I think they key thing to mention is that he'll be playing hockey in May.
Are you using the same rant you used after game 6 against the Bruins?This is a great learning experience for all the Montreal youngsters. They're gonna make me a nice profit over the next few years.
I am sure even you habs fans will agree that Price has played very mediocre, actually pretty bad in this series.....Yes he played great to get here and won the seventh game..but he has dropped the ball here..IMO
I am sure even you habs fans will agree that Price has played very mediocre, actually pretty bad in this series.....Yes he played great to get here and won the seventh game..but he has dropped the ball here..IMO
Price has played average but not bad. You like Bob Cole and company failed to notice or mention the fact that not only did the puck go through Komisarek's legs but it deflected off his skate. The Habs as a team have been mediocre when it comes to defensive coverage in their own end. The Habs have only lost two games in this series so saying anyone has dropped the ball is a bit premature. If the Habs tighten up a bit defensively and get some more traffic in front of Biron (like they did on the 5:00 powerplay) then they will turn this thing around.Also...Obviously I want Montreal to win but no matter what happens now this season has been an unbelievable success. Almost everyone predicted Montreal to miss the playoffs (myself included) as nobody thought the youngsters would develop this fast. They end up finishing first in the Eastern Conference and now they are gaining considerable playoff experience that will help them win it all in a couple of years. Ask Crosby and company how much they learned from last year's loss to the Senators. This is all gravy right now and I'm excited at the education the 20 year old Price and the rest of the youngsters are getting right now.
Bogus too many men on the ice penalty.Nice non-call on Richards.Montreal didn't deserve to win. If they ever started a game like they finish most they'd be doing okay.Kovalev, get a new batch of sticks.
concur. converting on the chances (how many open nets missed? how many posts/crossbars hit? how many minutes w/ the man advantage without a SHOT on net?) will make all the difference in the world. there's been some bad breaks, and about 45 minutes per game of not forcing any good breaks.
Price has played average but not bad. You like Bob Cole and company failed to notice or mention the fact that not only did the puck go through Komisarek's legs but it deflected off his skate. The Habs as a team have been mediocre when it comes to defensive coverage in their own end. The Habs have only lost two games in this series so saying anyone has dropped the ball is a bit premature. If the Habs tighten up a bit defensively and get some more traffic in front of Biron (like they did on the 5:00 powerplay) then they will turn this thing around.Also...Obviously I want Montreal to win but no matter what happens now this season has been an unbelievable success. Almost everyone predicted Montreal to miss the playoffs (myself included) as nobody thought the youngsters would develop this fast. They end up finishing first in the Eastern Conference and now they are gaining considerable playoff experience that will help them win it all in a couple of years. Ask Crosby and company how much they learned from last year's loss to the Senators. This is all gravy right now and I'm excited at the education the 20 year old Price and the rest of the youngsters are getting right now.
thats fine..its a win win for you...But just like I predicted a 20 year old goalie can only do so much in the playoffs..the inexperience is finally showing and i did say it would happen...Also the Habs success this year is because of a very surprising career year from a 35 year old Kovalev..Surprising to see that it was the second highest pt total in his career..(2000-2001 had 95pts) however he has been very inconsistent in his career and without those points and without guys like Markov and Hamrlik this is just a mediocre team...Yes they have young guys but it remains to be seen if they can take it to the next level...