Club De Hockey Canadien

I'm a little confused. So that means when a Francophone is in Calgary they should be able to live and go about thier business in French and not need to speak English? I'm afraid you don't really have a handle on what having two official languages in a country means.
Well in all reality we DONT have two official languages...I believe the reason we have French as an Official language is to keep the people in Quebec happy...YOu are right most francophone outside of Quebec cant conduct business if they dont speak English...Its a touchy issue that has been debated in this country for a 100 years and it will be debated for the next 100...The bottom line is the French people in Quebec have special privileges that they shoul be satisfied with
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I'm a little confused. So that means when a Francophone is in Calgary they should be able to live and go about thier business in French and not need to speak English? I'm afraid you don't really have a handle on what having two official languages in a country means.
Go check and see how many francophones there are in Calgary and how many anglophones there are in Montreal and report back to us :|If you said Metis in Manitoba, or Franco-Ontarians in eastern Ontario, or Acadians in New Brunswick you'd have a point...
Go check and see how many francophones there are in Calgary and how many anglophones there are in Montreal and report back to us :|If you said Metis in Manitoba, or Franco-Ontarians in eastern Ontario, or Acadians in New Brunswick you'd have a point...
That is my point dumbass.

Montreal 5 Philadelphia 2The Habs scored twice at even strength, twice on their league-leading power play and once more while shorthanded, outshooting the Flyers 41-19 to defeat their visitors 5-2 before the usual 21,273-fan sellout at the Bell Centre. Montreal improved their record to 7-2-3, while the Atlantic Division-leading Flyers, playing their fourth in an eight-game road trip, dropped to 7-4-0.1102Habs02.jpg

What do you guys think of Kostopoulos?
I like him. He's got grit and some offense and he showed a lot of heart taking on Eager the ogre tonight.
I like him. He's got grit and some offense and he showed a lot of heart taking on Eager the ogre tonight.
We miss him here in LA. He was the guy on our team with grit. Last year when the team was in one of their worst spells. He offered up a 100 dollar bounty for the best hit of the evening. Now the Kings didn't win but they played better then they had the last couple of games.Conroy won the bounty for a hit on Boogaard.
Tom K was a Penguin before he was a King or Hab. :club:
And he was one of my favorite London Knights before he was a Pen ;)Man the habs look good, this is a fun team to watch right now. I think we are one good goal scoring winger away from being a real threat this year. I really wanted to stay out of the french discussion because I think its stupid, but I will add one thing:Saku speak pretty decent french, but not good enough to be able to speak to the media properly. In our society these days everything you say to the media is scrutinized and even more so in Montreal so screwing up because of that language barrier can not only be embarrassing but it can also end up causing even more controversy. I'm a french immersion kid myself, but there is no way I'd be comfortable talking french regularily to the french media.
I'm a french immersion kid myself, but there is no way I'd be comfortable talking french regularily to the french media.
Yeah, I'm the same.I haven't taken a French class since 2002, which means, the only time I speak french is if I'm drunk in Winnipeg or Cancun and meet a french girl, so clearly, not often.However, I had to watch the Pens/MTL game on Saturday on RDS, and I was PUMPED at how much I could comprehend, and remember. I'd be quite rusty speaking it, for a while, but I love how I can understand it still.:club:
as was quoted earlier..I didnt make this up....you get a grip you cow...
I never said you made it up you moron. Try reading. You said hopefully the league punishes the stupid cheating Habs. I was pointing out that there is more than one rink the NHL with a strange bounce that teams try to use to their advantage. Lighten up. Your team hasn't been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs quite yet. :club: P.S. Cow? Good comeback.

GAME NIGHT TONIGHTwhat a great game. I got out of class at 8:00PM and took the metro to meet my english buddies at a bar for the game. I showed up wit 17 minutes left in the 2nd period with the score 1-1. My friend Scotty told me that Saku re-intoduced the Habs in French only at the begining of the game. I though that was a great move by Saku. I read somewhere this afternoon that he admitted that the original introduction should have been in both languages and they made a mistake. This was the perfect way to make up for it, and he got the first goal. awesome.I watched the 2nd period, while being served by a French waitress, and loved the action, we had great speed through the neutral zone all night. Briere got booed and I agree with it 100%, he deserves it. The crowd was as loud for the penalty on Briere as a goal by the habs, I loved it ( He didn't even deserve a penalty lol). It was a great win,. Koivu got "la premiere etoile" and the fans loved him, it was beautiful, that's how you handle the media serge. :club: Kostopolous did an interview in French after the game, props for the effort dude. Then RDS showed the introductionm from Koivu in French again. He earned a good amount of respect from me tonight, I was extactic for him. I then left to grab the metro, I smoked up with an australian chick in the park oin the way there, then I missed the metro by a second and had to wait for 12 minutes. These 2 drunk French drunk chicks sat down to wait near me and Scotty while we're talking in english. They ask us in english when the metro was going to come, but she was mubling and hardley coherent so I answered her in French that we just missed it and it should be here soon. She was totally shocked that I replied in French and got confused and mumbled someting half in english half in french that didn't make any sense because she was freaking wasted. I said what the hell did you just say?(in french) and she just said nevermind and turned away, lol. thats just a regular night for me in Montreal.

What do you guys think of Kostopoulos?
I didn't like him onthe 3rd line but, him ,Chipchurra and Begin and great together, the have 4 goals between them thats great for a fourth line. He drops his gloves and plays pretty smart, a really good 4th liner IMO.Georges isn't NHL caliber and Latendress is useless because he's so slow, everytine he makes a hit he can't get back into the play fast enough. He made a nice move to cut into the slot off the boards and take a shot, but I'd rather see Grabovski/Kostisyn/Lapierre taking up his ice time. Maybe he has tradable value?>. If bouillion is out for a while I wouldn't mind seeing O'byrne for a couple games....

OH and that hit on Kovalev when the game was out of reach was totally unecessary, ****ing dirty Flyers. This is when I want to see a guy like Latendress drop the gloves, you panzy, they just took out Kovalev! Plekanec just skated away, get some balls dudes. THats fing lame.[/hate rant]I lOVE BEING A HABS FANS!!!0sakugoal.gif

took the metro to meet my english buddies at a bar for the game. .I watched the 2nd period, while being served by a French waitressI smoked up with an australian chick in the park oin the way thereThese 2 drunk French drunk chicks sat down to wait near me and Scottyshe was mubling and hardley coherentmumbled someting half in english half in french that didn't make any sense because she was freaking wastedthats just a regular night for me in Montreal.
I really miss Montreal. :club:
We miss him here in LA. He was the guy on our team with grit. Last year when the team was in one of their worst spells. He offered up a 100 dollar bounty for the best hit of the evening. Now the Kings didn't win but they played better then they had the last couple of games.Conroy won the bounty for a hit on Boogaard.
Kostopolous was a fan favorite in his time with Manchester.All these "Can't stop Kostop" signs. He was a nice player to watch.

congratulations you won a game...you will be demolished on Saturday night...word is Mats Sundin has refused to talk french to the media on Saturday...The Leafs nation is about to descend on your little town, when we are done with you there wont be much left...carry on...