Club De Hockey Canadien

Koivu can talk romantic to his wife in French, isn't that enough getting around?
weren't you staying out of this.man you guys got me all worked up over this. I'm going for a walk, smoke a joint, get some food and cool off.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

man you're dense, you don't even see the picture here. To force would mean there is a law forcing you. There are language laws in Quebec and speaking french isn't one of them. and "Who cares if he doesnt speak french to the media" the french fans who have supported this team since before Saku was born care. He should have the decency to answer questions in french but he refuses to respond to any question if they are in french.
Disagreeing with me is ok, but calling me dense is uncalled for...By forcing businesses ( with a law) to have their signs in French is FORCING french on the population...If you dont speak French in Montreal they treat you like an outsider...You people(the french speaking Canadians) need to realize that you live in Canada and not the country of Quebec...
The french language in Quebec needs to be protected from dissolution that is happening because of business operating in english and immigrants who never learn the language. We want to procted our language in our province, we have some laws for this and they are a very hot political topics.we aren't forcing people to speak french (yet) although I think everybody who lives here should be able to get around in French.
Yeah, the French language will be threatened if the captain of a hockey team doesn't answer a few questions after a hockey game in French.This is one of the most ridiculous things ever!If Saku Koivu is skating around the ice holding the Stanley Cup in June the French-speaking Montreal fans won't care if he speaks fucking pig latin.My wife and in-laws are French Canadian. This is not about French/English/Finnish/Pig Latin. This is hockey. Take your politics somehwere else!It's bullshit like this that makes free agents think twice about signing in Montreal.The Montreal Canadiens are a business. If they want to only hire bilingual players then that is their right. The media are nothing short of linguistic nazis for attacking Koivu.
Canada has 2 offical languages, French is one of them. For Saku to refuse to speak french is an insult to the french fans. Nobody is forcing him to do anything but to refuse to learn french is none the less insulting. Your above post is a very idiotic statement that doesn't make much sense, it's quite the buffoonish post.
No. That's retarded.He doesn't have to learn French if he doesn't want to. He didn't have to learn English, and if he didn't, no English fans would have cared.He should be offended that the fans don't learn Finnish.Seriously. This is a beyond retarded argument.
Yeah, the French language will be threatened if the captain of a hockey team doesn't answer a few questions after a hockey game in French.This is one of the most ridiculous things ever!If Saku Koivu is skating around the ice holding the Stanley Cup in June the French-speaking Montreal fans won't care if he speaks fucking pig latin.My wife and in-laws are French Canadian. This is not about French/English/Finnish/Pig Latin. This is hockey. Take your politics somehwere else!It's bullshit like this that makes free agents think twice about signing in Montreal.The Montreal Canadiens are a business. If they want to only hire bilingual players then that is their right. The media are nothing short of linguistic nazis for attacking Koivu.
I find many times, Dale says it much better than I ever could have. Could not agree more!!
No. That's retarded.He doesn't have to learn French if he doesn't want to. He didn't have to learn English, and if he didn't, no English fans would have cared.He should be offended that the fans don't learn Finnish.Seriously. This is a beyond retarded argument.
thats crazy talk and you know it.are you ok with hispanics never learning to communicate in english? Don't you think it would be foolish for a russian player to never speak english. We speak french, it isn't unreasonable to expect immigrants to learn our language.
thats crazy talk and you know it.are you ok with hispanics never learning to communicate in english? Don't you think it would be foolish for a russian player to never speak english. We speak french, it isn't unreasonable to expect immigrants to learn our language.
You seem to be confused between an immigrant and someone who happens to work in Montreal.
Why the **** should I care what language someone chooses to speak? It doesn't affect me in ANY way. It merely affects their own life, and their ability to communicate in the community. Doesn't affect me at all.And yes, that was crazy talk. But it's equally as ridiculous as your claims.
Disagreeing with me is ok, but calling me dense is uncalled for...By forcing businesses ( with a law) to have their signs in French is FORCING french on the population...If you dont speak French in Montreal they treat you like an outsider...You people(the french speaking Canadians) need to realize that you live in Canada and not the country of Quebec...
this is completely false. You can get around solely in english and not get hassled most of the time. I don't know what you are saying in your last line, you're just an angry canadian.
Why the **** should I care what language someone chooses to speak? It doesn't affect me in ANY way. It merely affects their own life, and their ability to communicate in the community. Doesn't affect me at all.And yes, that was crazy talk. But it's equally as ridiculous as your claims.
just because language doesn't affect you doesn't mean it not an important isuues here.it is a huge issue in Quebec and affects everybody everyday.saku is just a small examplke of a big picture situation. Narrowing the argument to what happens in pittsburgh is plain ignorant.you're all just haters
just because language doesn't affect you doesn't mean it not an important isuues here.it is a huge issue in Quebec and affects everybody everyday.saku is just a small examplke of a big picture situation. Narrowing the argument to what happens in pittsburgh is plain ignorant.you're all just haters
I understand that.And I think all people that think it's a massive ordeal have extremely sandy vaginas.
this is completely false. You can get around solely in english and not get hassled most of the time. I don't know what you are saying in your last line, you're just an angry canadian.
as much as I appreciate that I wont be hassled MOST of the time for speaking English in Canada.........I will assume that you actually have NO idea what its like to be an English-speaking Canadian in Quebec.I have never lived in Montreal, but have visited over 50 times due to family there, wife's family living there and other reasons. And while there are good and bad people everywhere you go, I have experienced more than my share of prejudice for not being able to speak French to their standards. In fact, let me put it in your words, me/my family/my friends.....get treated like shit for not knowing French. Not everywhere, not all the time, but fairly often, minimum once every trip. But thats ok, Im used to it by now, and I still visit with joy.ps- btw....I hate to break it to you, but you too are an angry Canadian. With emphasis on the Canadian part.

Ok let me get this out of the way so you guys aren't uncomfortable anymore: I am Canadian. I don't need to you to point that out for me. I am also Quebecois and I'm proud of both heritages, for different reasons. Stop your condescending little remarks that I should realize I'm in Canada, I know where I stand. haters.

as much as I appreciate that I wont be hassled MOST of the time for speaking English in Canada.........I will assume that you actually have NO idea what its like to be an English-speaking Canadian in Quebec.
I know exactly what it's like. I study at a english University and most of my friends are english. I've ben criticized for speaking English and I always dish out shit to the jerks who act like that. I am perfectly fluent in both languages. If I'm being served in a language they have trouble with I don't switch because I fell like they are attempting to learn another language so I will help them by not switching to their easier language. But don't come here and expect to be able to function fully in our society only with English. It might work in Montreal but anywhere else you won't function very well at all. The province is French and we don't want to loose our heritage, if you want to live here, you should adapt to us, not the other way around.
i don't even think they are french, germany or belgium maybe.
That's a vicious lie and you know it. Who the hell ever heard of German Fries or Belgian Fries? Wait a minute...Belgian Waffles...Waffle Fries...it's all coming together now. French Toast is pretty good too.
That's a vicious lie and you know it. Who the hell ever heard of German Fries or Belgian Fries? Wait a minute...Belgian Waffles...Waffle Fries...it's all coming together now. French Toast is pretty good too.
yes butcrepes > french toast > pancakes
yes butcrepes > french toast > pancakes
Maybe, but a good waffle pwns all, it's not even a debate. I could be blinded by the fact that I've only had crepes twice in my life. Once in Vegas and it was pretty good (it was a savory crepe, not a breakfast or dessert, so it had pepperoni, sausage, etc), the other time some girl made them for me out of Bisquick. They were pretty awful, I think she threw some cheese and whatever else she could find in them, I took one bite and told her to stay in the bedroom where she belonged.