Fcp Heads Up Tourney

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really doesn't have to be this difficult. Get 32 or 64 players. Make up a bracket. A blank NCAA tourney bracket would work. Draw names out of a hat. Fill in the bracket. The time to play can be determined by the two people in that match. Everyone does not have to play at the same time. This way, only two people have to agree on a time, not 32. A deadline for each round of matches should probably be enforced though. As soon as all of the first round matches are complete, the second round can start, and so on. As far as the buy-in goes, I don't care. Whatever the majority wants.

This really doesn't have to be this difficult. Get 32 or 64 players. Make up a bracket. A blank NCAA tourney bracket would work. Draw names out of a hat. Fill in the bracket. The time to play can be determined by the two people in that match. Everyone does not have to play at the same time. This way, only two people have to agree on a time, not 32. A deadline for each round of matches should probably be enforced though. As soon as all of the first round matches are complete, the second round can start, and so on. As far as the buy-in goes, I don't care. Whatever the majority wants.
THANK....YOU this is what i was trying to propose, but RAB had to come in here with his idiotic to make a tourney before hearing anyones opinion on when or how much
That would be cool.. deadline would have to be 48 hours at the most imo, just to keep the momentum of it going. Basically, if you sign up, you should be prepared to play quite soon.So, if it was 32 players, would only the final 4 get paid? What pay structure do you think would work best with this?

Here is what I suggest:Need at least 32, but no more then 64, make bracket randomly, everyone has a few days to get their match in with their opponent. 3 days is probably enough.The entry should be 25 dollar person, and the game should be 5 dollar HU sng on stars. (you and your opponent can agree to best of 3 beforehand)The money should be held by one person that everyone trusts and helps the person (any volunteers?) who sets up the bracket (website?)

Definitely still interested, and I undestand your desire to put together a large more prestigious event. That's sensible, for me however, $80 would be too much. So I don't know about the others who were looking to play in a small buy-in, but I'd be interested in playing a tournament where the total buy-in is about $30-50. Then again, I'm only really able to play on Bodog and FCP (without transfer with someone). All that being said, those are the numbers I'm looking at and with the site constraints, I guess I'll leave my hat in the ring to play in a tourney from $10-50 (absolute top cap) total buyin.
If the setup is as above, the most you would lose is $41 ($30 entry plus 2 $5.50 matches). If you advance you would have some of the money you won from the previous matches to pay for the entry fees.
Here is what I suggest:Need at least 32, but no more then 64, make bracket randomly, everyone has a few days to get their match in with their opponent. 3 days is probably enough.The entry should be 25 dollar person, and the game should be 5 dollar HU sng on stars. (you and your opponent can agree to best of 3 beforehand)The money should be held by one person that everyone trusts and helps the person (any volunteers?) who sets up the bracket (website?)
i like it.anyone know how to set up a website or can we do this on yahoo?
I agree with the entry fee, as it seems 25 bucks is what most people can afford. I don't think people should be able to agree to 1 or 3 game series though...that should be predetermined for everyone before we start the tourney.As I stated earlier, I don't mind being the money holder, I think I've shown myself to be trustworthy having done big money transfers with fcpers in the past.
I agree with the entry fee, as it seems 25 bucks is what most people can afford. I don't think people should be able to agree to 1 or 3 game series though...that should be predetermined for everyone before we start the tourney.As I stated earlier, I don't mind being the money holder, I think I've shown myself to be trustworthy having done big money transfers with fcpers in the past.
I vote checkymcfold to commish the tournament. agreed that 32 or 64 will be best. have each round completed in 3-4 day period (let the players make their own time). If we're not playing for over $100 each then why not make it affordable for everyone? I know from setting up barrages that $25 is too much for some. Why not a $10 buy-in and $1+.10 matches?I totally can't be trusted with money but I am willing to be the money holder :)PS Eddie, I don't think it was necessary to condemn Rab...he was just trying to take initiative which is often what a lot of these things require. I applaud his efforts even if it wasn't the best route. We're all trying to help.

We could play the headsup games on the NBC Heads Up Poker website - the structure of the games there is decent and that way we'd skip the cost of the indivual matches. Just one buy-in (to a trusted member of FCP) and payout depending on the number of entrants.

We could play the headsup games on the NBC Heads Up Poker website - the structure of the games there is decent and that way we'd skip the cost of the indivual matches. Just one buy-in (to a trusted member of FCP) and payout depending on the number of entrants.
This is a good idea and I'm in for anything under $50 (look who's starting to use his new found bankroll management skills...)
I like,

I'm in still, I'll hold if needed. And I've never done anything on the NBC heads-up website but I guess if majority is saying it's cool then I'm cool with that. All of the ideas above have been good, so I'm in for the 10 or 25 or whatever it is.

I tryed the one on nbcheadsup.com, its alright, but sometimes it doesnt start, understand that this is technically free, but its not like you could possibily lose another $50 by buying into the $5.50, the most you'll lose is $11 if we do 2 of three.The only BIG benefit of the NBC one is you can show your opponent one card if you want. I also think you can show them during the hand, which is pretty neat, but i think stars is the best

I would play if is a low buy in. Also I think it would be a good idea to have a poll of where people would like to play and if they want it to be a single elimnation.

Let's try and have all the details on this thing hammered out by Friday and get started on Monday. Somebody man up and get it done. I would but I seem to have misplaced my balls. I'll check with my wife to see if she's seen them. Who am I kidding? She hasn't been close enough to see them in years. But, I digress.