• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

senior at Auburn University..... you all probably know it from being the team that got screwed out of a chance at the National Championship this past year...
USC would of embarrased you anyways....just be thankful you can still pretend your in the same league as them since you didn't have to play them
nah... losing to usc wouldnt embarrass us.. but beating ucla only because of a bad call that was really a fumble, that would really embarrass us. we'll never know who would have won between us, all I said is that we got screwed out of a CHANCE. so don't act like usc is the s*** when u are probably just jumping on the bandwagon anyway.
I started my college career at UGA.  After 1 year, transferred to U. of Kentucky and graduated in 2000.  However, my favorite team is another red and black squad - The University of Louisville:  #6 in football, #3 in basketball - Go Cards!
OK that's just messed up. Start at UGA (Go Dawgs!) and switch to another SEC rival team (UK) only to then root for an arch rival team (Louisville)?
JFarrell,   My girlfriend is currently an intern architect. Funny that I actually had some knowledge of that stuff you were talking about. She did her arch. undergrad at GaTech. Headed for her masters this fall.
Cool, does she enjoy being underpaid as much as I do? :wink:
Washington University (in St. Louis)Famous grads include Harold Ramis...and that's about it.  Oh yeah, me.
Whoa! Wasn't expecting to see a fellow WashU alum here! What year are you? I graduated in '96 (Comp Sci)

undergrad: grinnell college, grinnell, iowa; double major in physics and philosophygraduate: mcmaster university, hamilton, ontario; religious studiesany other grinnellians frequent this site? we used to have a poker club, and i know at least one of us went pro (not me... yet).

JFarrell,   My girlfriend is currently an intern architect. Funny that I actually had some knowledge of that stuff you were talking about. She did her arch. undergrad at GaTech. Headed for her masters this fall.
I actually think she's doing pretty well. She's finishing her 3rd year of internship so she's set for IDP (?) hours and just needs to get the masters until the big bucks. ;-)Seriously though, what she can make here in North Carolina allows her to live pretty comfortably. Its pretty cheap living here.

Northwestern University, '00 WCAS PsychologyFamous Alums:Brent Munstberger, Charlton Heston, Cindy Crawford (freshman drop out), That borg chick from star trek, Julia Louis Drefus, and a bunch of other hollwood types...

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Currently.
My grandparents live in SLO. I love it there. I was born there and lived there until I was 8. It's a beautiful place.
Attended the real best university in Texas - UT AustinGraduated from University of North Texas BBA '88well-known alumni:"Mean" Joe GreeneDon HenleyNorah JonesRoy OrbisonTom "Bones" Malone & Lou Marini (Blues Brothers band)Thomas Hayden Church (movie Sideways)Dr. PhilLarry McMurtryStone Cold Steve Austin
UT here as well. Both undergrad and law.
JFarrell, My girlfriend is currently an intern architect. Funny that I actually had some knowledge of that stuff you were talking about. She did her arch. undergrad at GaTech. Headed for her masters this fall.
I actually think she's doing pretty well. She's finishing her 3rd year of internship so she's set for IDP (?) hours and just needs to get the masters until the big bucks. ;-)Seriously though, what she can make here in North Carolina allows her to live pretty comfortably. Its pretty cheap living here.
Cool. Yeah I'm almost done with my IDP credits. Then I suppose it's on to the exams. I'm really not sure if I even want to get licensed though. It seems like they make the exams tricky just so people fail. It's 9 exams total (each costing an average of $150). Pre-design, Materials & Methods, General Structures, Lateral Forces, Construction/Contract Documents, then the three graphic tests: Site Design, Building layout, & ...I can't think of the third one. Anyway a couple of my friends have started taking them. All they do is study. They take them about once a month. My former roomate just passed them all and got his license 3 months after turning 26, which I considere a phenomenal feat. What kind of firm does she work for? Right now I'm working for an architectural consulting firm that reviews plans & inspects buildings for ADA accessibility. Not real exciting but it's much less stressful than a firm, and the pay is about the same.
I'll give you a dollar if you've heard of my school...Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. Graduated last year(oh and Absolute you don't count)
I've heard of it. Good school, all the confederate generals used to send their children there in the antebellum days 8) everyone in my school is from atlanta, so they have friends there, etc. etc.Edit: To the guy who went to UK but is a cards fan, I hope you are never allowed to enter the fair graces of Lexington again. Your kind disgust me.Why, Kelenna, why....
Duke 95'
I have had a sore spot with Duke ever since the Laettner 1992 shot against my University of Kentucky team *grumble* :evil: Geeeesh, has it really been 13 years since that? guess its about time to let that one go
You know how everyone claims to remember where they were in JFK was shot, when 9/11 happened, the day they met their spouse, their first day of high school?Psychologists call those flashbulb memories. Memories that have attached with them significant amounts of emotion, which are correllated with better memory.2nd tier of Chi-chi's, about 20 yards from the bar. I had tacos. I still remember the moans from the bar when the bastard hit it.I was 7 years old.It is never time to let that one go.