American Idol, Daniel And Terrorists

Wow. I'm not sure where to start. Let's try this:"American Idol is an amazing show that's captured the American audience"That is as depressing a description of American culture as I have ever heard."Sanjaya himself, a bright eyed 17 year old is being mocked and ridiculed in the media"That's because none of his family and friends had the courage to tell him the truth. We cultivate an environment where everyone's perfect and we are all winners."Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. "This has to be one of the most assinine statements I've ever read.Time for a reality check! Terrorists want to kill us. If you want to know who IS trying to take our liberties and freedom, look no further than the current administration.I give up.Time to remember what my Father told me when I was young:Never argue with a fool. Passersby won't be able to tell who is who.

Wow. I'm not sure where to start. Let's try this:"American Idol is an amazing show that's captured the American audience"That is as depressing a description of American culture as I have ever heard."Sanjaya himself, a bright eyed 17 year old is being mocked and ridiculed in the media"That's because none of his family and friends had the courage to tell him the truth. We cultivate an environment where everyone's perfect and we are all winners."Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. "This has to be one of the most assinine statements I've ever read.Time for a reality check! Terrorists want to kill us. If you want to know who IS trying to take our liberties and freedom, look no further than the current administration.I give up.Time to remember what my Father told me when I was young:Never argue with a fool. Passersby won't be able to tell who is who.
uh ohok, I'm pretty sure saying that Idol has captured the American audience is not a far-fetched statement. This may be a sad statement to some, but it is nonetheless true.Sanjaya IS a bright-eyed 17 year old and he IS being mocked and ridiculed in the media. He does not deserve to be where he is right now, and I'm almost positive that even he knows that. There were other competitors (most notably Sundance) who deserved the spot more than Sanjaya. There's nothing wrong with his family friends supporting him, he is talented and definitely could do something in music at some point in his life. The reason he's being ridiculed is because 1) He has taken a spot that should have been given to others. and 2) While he is talented compared to the general public, and has some promise, he is far behind the other competitors in the competition, vocal wise and definitely charisma/presence wise.The terrorist comment was a little extreme as a comparison. But even Daniel made sure to highlight that. He didn't pass that comment off as a perfect comparison and he highlighted the fact that it was extreme to compare the two, but in basic ideas and principles, his comparison was pretty good, while extreme. It's not the idea that terrorists are trying to kill us and the website creator is not, it's the idea that the few bad apples are "terrorizing" our freedom to participate and be entertained by sabotaging something we have a passion for.
uh ohok, I'm pretty sure saying that Idol has captured the American audience is not a far-fetched statement. This may be a sad statement to some, but it is nonetheless true.Sanjaya IS a bright-eyed 17 year old and he IS being mocked and ridiculed in the media. He does not deserve to be where he is right now, and I'm almost positive that even he knows that. There were other competitors (most notably Sundance) who deserved the spot more than Sanjaya. There's nothing wrong with his family friends supporting him, he is talented and definitely could do something in music at some point in his life. The reason he's being ridiculed is because 1) He has taken a spot that should have been given to others. and 2) While he is talented compared to the general public, and has some promise, he is far behind the other competitors in the competition, vocal wise and definitely charisma/presence wise.The terrorist comment was a little extreme as a comparison. But even Daniel made sure to highlight that. He didn't pass that comment off as a perfect comparison and he highlighted the fact that it was extreme to compare the two, but in basic ideas and principles, his comparison was pretty good, while extreme. It's not the idea that terrorists are trying to kill us and the website creator is not, it's the idea that the few bad apples are "terrorizing" our freedom to participate and be entertained by sabotaging something we have a passion for.
Wrong! He got enough votes to continue on to this week. He does deserve to be there. The premise of the show is not "best' singer moves on. Its person with least amount of votes gets eliminated. You may have American Idol confused with Star Search.And what exactly are you trying to do to the Stern/votefortheworst supporters?

comparing american idol to the actions of terrorists is the biggest jackass move i have EVER seen. it must be hell to have so much money that he can sit around and think of such ridiculous ideas.

Wrong! He got enough votes to continue on to this week. He does deserve to be there. The premise of the show is not "best' singer moves on. Its person with least amount of votes gets eliminated. You may have American Idol confused with Star Search.And what exactly are you trying to do to the Stern/votefortheworst supporters?
when I said he doesn't deserve it, I meant it in the way that he is there not because people have voted for him because they like him or because of his talent, but because he's the least talented and said people are only trying to mess with the competition. Technically, yes, he has earned the votes to get there and congrats to him for doing so. I'm sure he and most voters know that he doesn't have the ability of the other performers.Yes, the premise and design of the show is to promote the best singer to the title. So by default, the least capable singer/performer should be eliminated each week. The judges judge based on vocal skill and performance ability, and the show is designed to award the best in those categories. Sanjaya is clearly the least capable in both categories and has been for some time, so the fact that he is here is not, according to the show, correct. However, it comes down to votes and even if the voters' motives weren't pure, they count the same as the people who are trying to cooperate with the guidelines of the competition.I'm not trying to do anything to the votefortheworst supporters. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter what they do and they have been given the choice to do what they want. They're using that choice to be pricks and intentionally mess with people who genuinely care about the competition, but that's their choice. I think in the end it won't matter because when it comes down to it, I doubt there are enough votefortheworst supporters to trump the regular Idol audience. Sanjaya might stay alive for a few weeks, but even if he makes the finals presumably against Lakisha or Melinda, I don't think even the votefortheworst supporters could get enough support to make him the winner.
That's because none of his family and friends had the courage to tell him the truth. We cultivate an environment where everyone's perfect and we are all winners.
You watch your mouth mister. I am a winner and my family and all my millions of fans know it.
Wow. blah, blah, blahNever argue with a fool. Passersby won't be able to tell who is who.
Your last point was correct, so I won't argue the rest.Odd that you've been here almost two years and you never noticed an ENTIRE FORUM devoted to discussing views on DN's blog entries. :club: