Tptk, Dangerous Board

4.40 180 man, down to ~36. Villain is big stack and playing tight, making obvious steals every orbit or every other orbit to stay dominant, and has made a move with middle pair bottom kicker on a A Q 10 board. I'm playing tight, hardly even making any steals because of stack size.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t10585)MP2 (t8586)CO (t13222)Button (t6405)Hero (t9650)BB (t6265)UTG (t7065)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :club: , K :D . 3 folds, CO calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t800, 1 fold, CO calls t600.Flop: (t1750) 8 :D , K :) , 5 :)(2 players)Hero bets t2000, CO calls t2000.Turn: (t5750) 2 :icon_dance:(2 players)Hero?critique from this point please, and then....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t10585)MP2 (t8586)CO (t13222)Button (t6405)Hero (t9650)BB (t6265)UTG (t7065)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :D , K :D . 3 folds, CO calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t800, 1 fold, CO calls t600.Flop: (t1750) 8 :) , K :icon_dance: , 5 :icon_dance: (2 players)Hero bets t2000, CO calls t2000.Turn: (t5750) 2 :icon_dance: (2 players)Hero bets t2500, CO raises to t10397, Hero?critique from here please?Thanks in advance, cbbox

The first hand when villian reraises you on the flop, push it in there. You don't want to just smooth call and give villian a chance to see a free card if he does have a draw. Well you have the free card by just calling and the third club came off, so your kinda in a sticky spot. So just push it in on the flop. Just ignore what I said at the top, I just got off a 12 hour day at work, so I'm really tired, I read it wrong and don't feel like fixing it right now.

You way overbet the flop, which makes it a tough hand to get away from. Bet 1k on the flop. that kills any drawing odds villain has for the next card. Presumably he still just calls. Now the club turns. you check/fold if he bets, and youve escaped without too much damage. The alternative of pushing preflop isnt that appealing to me, since youre only called by hands that dominate you or youre racing from behind, and picking up blinds plus 200 isnt that great when he folds.As played I would find it very difficult to fold, but limp/call, call of an overbet, push to your turn bet just screams "set" to me, and Id have to give it up.

C/O would be playing a set pretty bad here to push after club on turn instead of on flop.I would put him on Ac 10ceither way you are beat, fold to his raise.

I'm thinking the flush is more likely than the set too, though I might put him on a worse A hand. Given the info on him up to this point, he probably would have made a PF raise from CO with something as solid as ATs. I'm guessing he's playing something like Ac6c and called Hero's flop overbet simply because of his large stack. I agree with copernicus about the lower bet on the flop and the check/fold on the turn. I don't like the lead on the turn b/c you know he's playing something strong based on him calling your large flop bet. He's either playing a set or he just made his flush, in which case you're drawing almost dead. Cut your losses at that point.

I'm thinking the flush is more likely than the set too, though I might put him on a worse A hand. Given the info on him up to this point, he probably would have made a PF raise from CO with something as solid as ATs. I'm guessing he's playing something like Ac6c and called Hero's flop overbet simply because of his large stack. I agree with copernicus about the lower bet on the flop and the check/fold on the turn. I don't like the lead on the turn b/c you know he's playing something strong based on him calling your large flop bet. He's either playing a set or he just made his flush, in which case you're drawing almost dead. Cut your losses at that point.
FYP

Seems like Villain would play both AcKx and to high clubs like this, perhaps. Seems like he may have gotten there w/ two small flush cards and doesn't want you drawing to the higher flush. You said he's tight, and I don't see any hand here that you're beating if he's not getting out of line.No need to bet so much on the flop, btw... In $4.40's I almost check/call on the turn to a reasonable bet, and maybe I'd lead out on the river to hopefully see a cheaper showdown... obv fold if reraised.

jm hit the nail on the head, Ac6c. I put him on AcKx and attempting to push me out with a baby flush or the hand I had, called and lost. These are about the answers I figured I'd get after thinking about the hand for awhile. I just didn't see him calling preflop with A rag even if they were suited because of how tight he had been playing. Oh well, thanks for the replies all

Oh. The only reason I said almost dead is because villain could have been playing a set, in which case Hero still has the 2 King outs to hit a higher set. As it turns out he was drawing dead, of course.

C/O would be playing a set pretty bad here to push after club on turn instead of on flop.I would put him on Ac 10ceither way you are beat, fold to his raise.
To me a set is still much more likely than a flush. On the flop, hero led for 2k, already pricing himself out of a club draw. A set doesnt need to get aggressive after that bet, and can expect another lead on the turn, which he can then raise. 2 clubs simply dont lead for more than the pot here, so I wouldnt fear that at all with a set. The 3rd club on the board is far more dangerous and a set pushes here to try and ensure no further draw. A made nut flush doesnt need to push the turn since theres no pair on the board.Edit after seeing the actual hand: Villain played the turn poorly and gave Hero every chance to get out of the hand despite the overbet on the flop, which hero didnt take advantage of. Poorly played all around imo.