Update - Just Played The Wsop Circuit Event #1 At Caesers Indiana

Just got back last night from Event #1 at Caesers Indiana in the WSOP Circuit Event. Just wanted to provide a run-down of the event for those interested. BEWARE - These events offer almost no play due to the low starting chip count.Satellites - $50.00 single table sit-n-go. $40.00 goes towards the prize pool. Of that $400.00, the winner gets a $340 voucher into Event #1 and $60.00 in cash. However, $40.00 of that $340 voucher also is a tournament fee, so basically Caeser's is keeping $140 of every $500 in satellite fees. Starting chips = 500 (8 chips, 4 $25 & 4 $100). Blinds start at $25sb & $25bb. Qualifying Attempt #1 = First hand there is an all in, everyone folds, winner shows AA. 2nd hand I get AK os, I raise to $100, button re-raises to $400, I muck. *** Horrible laydown I know, but 2nd hand of my trip and I thought the player may have a pocket pair putting me at about 48%, which I wasn't willing to do. Play about 12-15 hands, 5 people elliminated. I have $250 and blinds are now $25 & $50 and I get A9dd, I push all in, player to my left calls with pocket 10's. Flop A39, I am now in the lead. 4th street a J. Guess what 5th street brought,,,,,,,,,,,,,10 for trips. I'm out in 5th.Qualifying Attempt #2 = Once again, there is an all-in on first had. I am card dead and have about $350 chips with blinds at $25 & $50. Call big blind with 33os, me and 2 blinds left in hand. Flop is 7/9/10, both blinds check and I go all in. sb fold, bb calls with AJos. Next card, J & I'm out.Qualifying Attempt #3 = Finally I'm getting some playable hands and have a good read on the table. I get down to 2 players and have a 3/2 lead. Other player does not want to want to make a deal. I win in heads up and win an entry into the Monday event #1 along with $60.00.Event #1 (Monday) = 600 players start the day, play is 11 handed at 55 tables with 605 entries (including alternates, I think there was 718 total entries). 1500 in starting chips, blinds start at $25 & $25. No lie, there is an all-in on hand #1. 4 playesr with no raise pre-flop. Flop of 10s/Jh/Qs, bb bets out 200, player raises to 600, other 2 players fold, bb goes all in and player calls. bb shows K5ss & player shows K9os for a straight. 4th street is a 9d giving both players straights and River is a non-spade for a split-pot. This sums up the tournament, all-ins about every hand. I have no playable hands for the first hour. I pick-up a few blinds, and then lose about 600 on a very bad bluff attempt. 1:45 minutes into the tournament, about 150 people knocked out already, I have 800 left and am in the sb. Folded to the button who is the short stack. Button moves all in for 550 and I look down to find AQss with blinds at 50 & 100. I move all in, the bb folds and the button shows pocket 10's. Flop comes A/10/9, I hit my ace but button flops trips. I"m down to 250. I wait about 4-5 hands but realize I need to make a move before the blinds get back to me. I get nothing above 7 high. Finally pick-up KJos and move all in for 250 with 5 callers. Flop comes 5/8/9 rainbow, player bets 1200 and everyone folds. Player shows 67os for a flopped straight, next card I hit my king but it was over on the flop. I"m out of the tournament and was told I was about the 180 person eliminated.Lots more details, but this post is already too long. It was a fun trip, but the amount of play is absolutely horrible. Overall it costs me $90 to win my $340 entry ($50.00 x 3 minus the $60 cash paid for winning + entry).

Good report and not too long at all. Thanks for sharing it.Ray
No problem. I was curious what it would be like before playing, so a report like this may have kept me from going since the limited play makes luck so much more of a factor. Of course, I'm not the greatest player either, so that probably had a lot to do with it also.

Thanks for the post. I had planned to play this tournament and my plans fell through at the last minute. Not nearly as sad about it after reading your post about the lack of play in the structure. I knew it would be quick, but I didn't realize it would be that quick.

Folding AK in that spot in a sat is funny as hell.Starting with a double stack is a huge advantage in these sats especially since you should know you'll have to gamble in much worse spots later on such as the A9s hand.Gl next time.

Folding AK in that spot in a sat is funny as hell.Starting with a double stack is a huge advantage in these sats especially since you should know you'll have to gamble in much worse spots later on such as the A9s hand.Gl next time.
I completely agree with you. However, it was really the first satellite I've ever played and I just made a mistake. Of course, He could have turned over any pair and beat me and then I would be second guessing my call. O'well.
I got knocked out in first hour KK<TT all in pf.
Did you have an all-in within a few hands at your table like I did? Not your all-in, just anyone going all-in right away? It is so funny when that happens because you would think that sort of thing may go on in the satellites, but not in the Day 1 Event. Of course, that is the first live tournament that I've played, so maybe it is more common that I realize.
Did you have an all-in within a few hands at your table like I did? Not your all-in, just anyone going all-in right away? It is so funny when that happens because you would think that sort of thing may go on in the satellites, but not in the Day 1 Event. Of course, that is the first live tournament that I've played, so maybe it is more common that I realize.
Thanks for the report.I plan on going down early Saturday morning to try to win my way into the $500 NL event that day. How often did the blinds go up in the event you played? 40 minutes? Is it worth it to try to play in the $500 event or should I just play cash games.Thanks,

No, we didn't really. I was knocked down to around 475 after second hand though. Then, At 25-50, guy utg raised to 175 i shoved 1125 with the KK total he instant called with TT. I thought for sure he had AA. Board came QQ94T.

Thanks for the report.I plan on going down early Saturday morning to try to win my way into the $500 NL event that day. How often did the blinds go up in the event you played? 40 minutes? Is it worth it to try to play in the $500 event or should I just play cash games.Thanks,
Not sure. For me, I'd probably try to get my seat through the satellites, but this structure doesn't give the skilled players a whole lot of edge. Cash games were run pretty well. I should have stuck to those instead of craps, but couldn't resist, lol!

I am also going down on Saturday, but will most likely be playing only cash games. Was there a large variety of games, or mostly just NLHE? I was hoping to play Omaha Hi/Lo, or limit holdem, between 5-10 and 10-20. Did you happen to see if they were spreading anything is this range?Thanks,Limit

I am also going down on Saturday, but will most likely be playing only cash games. Was there a large variety of games, or mostly just NLHE? I was hoping to play Omaha Hi/Lo, or limit holdem, between 5-10 and 10-20. Did you happen to see if they were spreading anything is this range?Thanks,Limit
They usually have limit holdem spread all the time from like 2-4 to 20-40, might get a bigger game since wsop is running. Also, I think they might run like 1 table of low stakes omaha hi/lo like 2-4 or 3-6 maybe, rarely see it. I'm wanting to say they have a 10-25 PLO? maybe, might be 10-20 not for sure stakes. There is a kid there that is a regular, his name is Len Ashby, He won a Omaha event down in Tunica this year. Everytime, I go down there its the same exact players in the game. On Monday, they shut down the limit games at 11:30 since there was so many entrants into the tourney. Not sure what the event is on saturday, but if it is a bigger buyin, the cash games should run.