7 handed, 1-2 NL.Hero is in BB with 8 :D 9 :D Three limpers, SB completes, BB checks. Pot is $10Flop : K :D 8 :club: 4 :D SB checks Hero bets $6 Villain raises to $12 Three Folds, Hero?This seemed to be the only capable player at the table, the rest of the people in the hand were just average 1-2 players. He talked about how he used to play 150-300 stud at foxwoods back in the day (pre-rounders) so he knew his poker.The raise seemed a little weak to me, plus I have a pretty good hand anyways, though I wouldn't mind taking this down now, so I re-raised to $35.Thoughts?

7 handed, 1-2 NL.Hero is in BB with 8 :D 9 :D Three limpers, SB completes, BB checks. Pot is $10Flop : K :D 8 :club: 4 :D SB checks Hero bets $6 Villain raises to $12 Three Folds, Hero?This seemed to be the only capable player at the table, the rest of the people in the hand were just average 1-2 players. He talked about how he used to play 150-300 stud at foxwoods back in the day (pre-rounders) so he knew his poker.The raise seemed a little weak to me, plus I have a pretty good hand anyways, though I wouldn't mind taking this down now, so I re-raised to $35.Thoughts?
He's going to put you all-in with his KJ. Hope you hit the flush. Oh, and anyone who says that they played $xxx/$xxx and they're playing $1/2 now ... I don't take them too seriously until their play speaks for them. (And no, this attitude has never burned me).

I am convinced that pair+FD'S and pair+straightdraws and straight+flush draws are the ****ing ****ing devil.Looking at my stats, getting all in on the flop with these, I've missed 7 of my last 9. And my opponents have hit 6 of their last 8. God.And those pots are the difference between winning over my last 22k hands and a slight loser, and slight winner after rakeback.So if I'm you I just fold because Jesus christ.Really though, assuming you're allowed to have one of these go your way every few months, I like your raise.

it seems like his raise might have been an information raise just to see where your at. more of a tourny play, but, none the less, his raise is weak. Your re-raise is fine i think. you are representing 2 pair which you could easily have checking pf from the big blind. He will probably call your raise, it's not very big, so your probably gonna have to make a bigger bet on the turn. Is he playing really loose? because if he is and you think he's gonna call your big turn bet with KJ or QK, you may as well just call and wait to hit your hand before you build a big pot. you dont want to lose all your money in a coin flip against a donk. -and he definately played 3-6 stud at foxwoods, but as the years went on two 0s found there way on the end of 3 and 6

the raise is fine, if he is a decent player it shoulde move him off of KT, maybe KJ. He probably doesn't have AK, KQ is possible. I like the play as long as you both have at least $200 stacks.

The factn that he min raises your lead should result in you tagging him as a weak player. Noone who knows anything about playing NL HE would minraise a leader on that flop.Anyway, you lead with the intention of bet/3 betting so do just that. Stack sizes are important here but whatever, raise a little more, more like to 42 and call a push.

The factn that he min raises your lead should result in you tagging him as a weak player. Noone who knows anything about playing NL HE would minraise a leader on that flop.Anyway, you lead with the intention of bet/3 betting so do just that. Stack sizes are important here but whatever, raise a little more, more like to 42 and call a push.
Maybe the villain wants to get reraised and that's why he min raised.Stack sizes would be helpful. I think the play is correct though. Your 3-bet isn't really designed to scare him off, but it's a good solid bet. I'd like to take the pot down right here, but if he pushes, you're obviously calling.

I am a newb and trying to learn. I am not offering this as advice, but my interpretation.The worst hand he could be holding for you would be KK giving him the set. I would think it was unlikley since he would have bet that preflop. More likely would be KX. Against KX you have any 8, any 9, or any heart as outs. I would call. Is that bad?

I am a newb and trying to learn. I am not offering this as advice, but my interpretation.The worst hand he could be holding for you would be KK giving him the set. I would think it was unlikley since he would have bet that preflop. More likely would be KX. Against KX you have any 8, any 9, or any heart as outs. I would call. Is that bad?
If you're asking about your picture, yes, that's bad.As for your analysis, it's not bad. Except Hero is in almost the same boat against 88 and 44, which are definitely possible limping hands. However, the value in this hand is not in calling. Hero will be OOP on later streets. If Villain has just one pair, hero is basically a coinflip. But there are several other holdings (including the KJ type hands) that Villain might min-raise with that would fold to a lot of pressure such as ATh, 99, etc. What makes hero's hand good is that he can represent a very strong made hand that will scare most of Villains range away. And even when hero is in worst case scenario, he's only 70/30.Winning the pot uncontested as often as you will more than makes up for the times you get it in behind in this spot. So instead of calling, against most players, you get more value out of your hand by playing it aggressively and raising to about $40-45 here.edit: btw OP, stack sizes?