Ever Feel Like Punching A Guy At The Poker Table?

This reminds me of a hand I played in a $500 tourney at Turning Stone last month in which I wanted to turn the table over on the guy, but instead decided to mentally out fox him:Blinds 100/200, I have 4500 in BB. 3 MP limpers + sb come in. I have A8o in the BB. I have just been moved to this table but have seen frequent limps from these players and don't figure any of them for big hands. I pop it up to 1200. The 1st limper folds; the 2nd once looks at me weird and raises to 2700. In the midst of an argument. I started staring at the guy to see if I could get anything off of him. After about 20 seconds he says to me "You know I'm not much into the staring game....call the clock on him." The guy and I start getting into an argument about what a ****** he was. By his body language, I was pretty sure he was very uncomfortable about the situation. I used up the entire "timebank" before moving all-in (despite knowing he was pot committed). Sure, even if I'm right, I'm probably not that far ahead, but I did it b/c I didn't want to let this guy off scott free and I wanted to send him a message who the boss was. Sure enough, he was making a move w/ 79s, an A flopped, and I doubled up.
Interesting story.
This reminds me of a hand I played in a $500 tourney at Turning Stone last month in which I wanted to turn the table over on the guy, but instead decided to mentally out fox him:
You just described every poker game I've ever been in.
Yeah, that crap annoys the heck out of me. I especially hate it when someone at the table says "I know I'm behind, I call" on someones all-in and they are dominated. They then suckout and celebrate like they deserve to win, it sickens me and punching always seems to be the most optimal play after ther river.So to answer your question, yes...sometimes.That sucks though, at least you still had a winning session, GJ.
Punching him is the optimal short term payoff (assuming you have height:weight odds to call on him) but the true optimal play is a long term strategy of seducing his wife and thus ruining his marriage there by costing him half his assets in the divorce.