Hopefully I can start posting here more and eventually give solid advice like so many of you.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $50UTG+1: $213.35CO: $23.50Button: $70.45hero: $34.60BB: $53.50Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with K :D A :D UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, CO folds, Button raises to $6, hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 2 :club: A :D 3 :D ($24, 4 players)Ok so I had just taken a small beat with AQ against TJ when we both flopped a pair and he hit two pair on the turn. Why I hadn't reloaded yet I don't know. Both UTG+1 and Button had been playing fairly solid games. Button was more aggressive however and willing to push people off hands. The initial raise could mean a lot of hands. He was willing to raise with small pairs and any other half decent hands. I was pretty sure with the reraise button had a decent hand but that didn't mean it had to be AA,KK,AK or QQ. It could easily have been a weaker ace or a pair like 99-JJ.Thinking back I really hate my smooth call. I really think I should have repopped. Do you you guys agree and if so how much?Since I decided to call and no one reraised I got a pretty good flop. Whats my action on the flop after the call I made? Bet half my stack, all in or go for a check hoping my betting is done for me?

go for a check hoping my betting is done for me
That's how I play it. Being oop sucks.See what happens in front of you. Depending what goes on, you may have to fold.

pf is a really crucial spot to squeeze. i'd shove.on the flop i check and hope someone bets and yap. no point in leading on this flop given your pf play.hope someone sticks money in there. if not, i prob make a move on the turn, but i def. check the flop.- Jordan

pf is a really crucial spot to squeeze. i'd shove.on the flop i check and hope someone bets and yap. no point in leading on this flop given your pf play.hope someone sticks money in there. if not, i prob make a move on the turn, but i def. check the flop.- Jordan
Yea, pf I should have just moved all in. If I was deeper would I want to reraise say to 18-22 or just smooth call?Is checking on the flop too dangerous though. Lets say no one has an ace, it might very well get checked around and worst case scenario I gave a flush draw a free card and possibly 2 pocket pairs a chance to hit a set and a pair like 44 or 55 a chance at a gut shot as well. Best case scenario would be 2 of my opponents have AQ and I win a decent sized pot but is the risk worth the reward?Is a push out of the question? It would be a bit of an over bet and might look like a flush draw semi-bluff or complete bluff and a weaker ace might call. Or would it likely scare away AT-AQ hands?

I really like a check/raise here. Based on your description of the button here, it wouldn't make sense for him to check. He showed strength preflop, and there's no reason for him to slowdown here if checked to him.

I push this pf very rarely against a solid player and at times if I have a real strong read i let this go pf oop. 12BB reraises are strong and solid players at these stakes are doing this with very few hands especially against other "solid" players. I'm putting button on QQ+ AK and rarely JJ. Initial raiser and caller can hold a much wider range IMO. Since we did call pf I like others check the flop and hope that someone bets so i can CRAI, if no action occurs I open push almost any turn.

I push this pf very rarely against a solid player and at times if I have a real strong read i let this go pf oop. 12BB reraises are strong and solid players at these stakes are doing this with very few hands especially against other "solid" players. I'm putting button on QQ+ AK and rarely JJ. Initial raiser and caller can hold a much wider range IMO. Since we did call pf I like others check the flop and hope that someone bets so i can CRAI, if no action occurs I open push almost any turn.
I don't think we can give him this much credit. As I said he was willing to push people off of pots if he felt he could. I also think he has a similar read on UTG+1 as I do and knows he might be coming in a bit light. He also has the button and could be using his position to take down some dead money. His raise wasn't large but it was slightly more then 3x that of UTG+1 and kinda seemed like he wanted to take it down pf. The only hand i'm in terrible shape against anyways is AA. I think his range is large enough that a push pf shows a decent amount of profit.
See what happens in front of you. Depending what goes on, you may have to fold.
I think that checking and then considering a fold is awful. He coldcalled a raise and a reraise preflop with AK. This is the flop he wanted, fairly dry with an Ace on it. If he's not gonna get it all in here, he shouldn't play the hand in the first place.Preflop, I still like a push over a call for the reasons stated above.On the flop, you have like $28 left? I'm gonna lead at the flop for like $12, making it look like I have room to fold. I don't want this getting checked around but I also want to make it look like someone can play back at me.

i think you should check the flop. if i had KK, QQ or even JJ on the button, and it checked to me, i would probably make a continuation bet. if someone pushed into me, or even bet 10-12, i would probably fold, given the fact that you smooth called a re-raise in the SB. i think you have to check-raise all in

With the button being as your described i hate cold calling preflop. You play right into his hands by doing this, and he will win each pot when you dont hit the flop and also get away from his hands cheaply when you do hit. Reraise to 18 preflop and lead all flops.As played the only way to play this hand is as if you are way ahead or way behind. You want to extract as much value from hands you beat while losing the min when your behind (not very often).

Ok, so everyone seems to agree that pushing pf is preferred over my call. I completly agree and after the hand I hated my decision to call as it put me in a bad spot onless I hit my ace or king. On the flop I went a different route then most suggested and decided to push for a few reasons. The first, I felt the pot was big enough that there was no need to give a possible free card. I didn't mind taking the pot down right there. Second, I thought the push might be perceived as a semi bluff to the flush and might be called by a weaker ace. After all, wouldn't a strong hand check? Does anyone agree with this line of thinking or is the consensus a check is more profitable?Well anyways, it was folded around to the button who called with AdJd. Turn brought a fourth diamond and river was not diamond but a jack. UTG+1 claimed to have AQ and I beleive him. Right after the button called he said. AQ, can't beleive you called him with only AJ. So in this situation if I had checked I might have gotten a bet out of AQ, AJ might have come along and I would have had a decent chance to triple. Either way, i'm still not sure whether I like checking or not.

Ok, so everyone seems to agree that pushing pf is preferred over my call. I completly agree and after the hand I hated my decision to call as it put me in a bad spot onless I hit my ace or king. On the flop I went a different route then most suggested and decided to push for a few reasons. The first, I felt the pot was big enough that there was no need to give a possible free card. I didn't mind taking the pot down right there. Second, I thought the push might be perceived as a semi bluff to the flush and might be called by a weaker ace. After all, wouldn't a strong hand check? Does anyone agree with this line of thinking or is the consensus a check is more profitable?Well anyways, it was folded around to the button who called with AdJd. Turn brought a fourth diamond and river was not diamond but a jack. UTG+1 claimed to have AQ and I beleive him. Right after the button called he said. AQ, can't beleive you called him with only AJ. So in this situation if I had checked I might have gotten a bet out of AQ, AJ might have come along and I would have had a decent chance to triple. Either way, i'm still not sure whether I like checking or not.
Given the stacks and all, I think you just have to shove the flop.
Given the stacks and all, I think you just have to shove the flop.
Folding on the flop given any action is terrible. The only semi resonable hands that beat us are 22,33 and AA. A2,3 are very unlikely.Either jam or check raise all-in.I like check-raising all-in because there is a good chance someone will bet a weaker hand and feel commited to calling your reraise.If you think villian 3bets light preflop, repop preflop.I have folded AK here out of the blinds. It is really hard to play out of position. It really depends on the 3 better.