Looking for advice here. What do you think of the check raise on the flop? I thought I could get him to lay down with the cr. Did he even have enough behind him for me to make this play?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $50.80UTG+1: $43.95MP1: $73.20MP2: $49.25MP3: $51.90CO: $20.30Button: $49Hero: $52.15BB: $14.55Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with T :club: 9 :D UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.Flop: 7 :D Q :D A :D ($2.5, 5 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $2.5, Hero raises to $10, 3 folds, CO calls.Turn: T :) ($22.5, 2 players)Hero is all-in $41.65, CO calls all-in $9.8.Uncalled bets: $31.85 returned to Hero. River: 5 :) ($42.1, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $42.1)Results:Final pot: $42.1

The CR is fine, but since he called you, you have to either slow down or push the turn, which you did. You're probably beat.I don't like pushing the turn because it's unlikely villain will fold since he has <10 dollars left and will get 2-1+ to call. I'd check, and I bet you villain checks too, and you get a free card and save yourself ten dollars on the hand.

This isn't really the best flop to do this on. There's 5 way action and someone is too likely to have a hand. Think of what you're representing. Q7? Not a whole lot more makes sense with you completing in the SB and then raising large out of nowhere. You cooouuuld have 77 but 77 would(should) lead at a flop like this. If I were villain I'd have trouble giving you much credit. I think you can find a better situation to represent a strong hand. Why are you risking $10 to win such a small pot?If you had a straight draw or an overcard or something to go with it, or your line made sense for a good hand, or you weren't in a 5-way pot, or the pot was big, or had a read on the villain, or weren't out of position, or both had deeper stacks so you could follow through on your bluff, then this play might be useful. But this seems unnecessary. So we don't want to raise --- and OOP without the nut flush draw and a transparent hand if you hit, I just fold here. Sometimes you just fold a flush draw when villain bets pot :club:

The CR is fine, but since he called you, you have to either slow down or push the turn, which you did. You're probably beat.I don't like pushing the turn because it's unlikely villain will fold since he has <10 dollars left and will get 2-1+ to call. I'd check, and I bet you villain checks too, and you get a free card and save yourself ten dollars on the hand.
I think you have to push the turn, as played. You're now have a big draw and you aren't likely folding for 9 more. So why not add some fold equity? Even if he folds a small amount of the time you will be in a better spot than just check calling.
I think you have to push the turn, as played. You're now have a big draw and you aren't likely folding for 9 more. So why not add some fold equity? Even if he folds a small amount of the time you will be in a better spot than just check calling.
I think that the only reason that you push the turn is because there's a remote chance that your pair of tens is good. You are likely to have 14 outs but very little fold equity. If the villain has a higher flush draw, this is the only time you'll get him to put his chips into the pot, so pushing is a good move.As stated above, with a pot that well attended and the AQ combo out there, it's gonna be tough to win without a showdown. I'd probably slow down a little bit and try and make a big hand before playing a big pot.

haven't read replies:I think you should just call the flop, you have a hand that is probably good in a multiway pot. The only time you should raise like this is if you have a hand that you need to protect. The only thing you could accomplish with the flop raise is to push out the higher flush draw but I don't think that is realistic because most higher flush draws will have a gutshot as well and will go no where.Just call let other people over call and if you hit your hand you might win a big pot.

when someone bets the pot with that many players in a hand it will be very hard to get him off the hand without a showdown. Part of playing a draw aggressive is for the fold equity which I do not see in this case. I would just call the flop in this case

i just dont like the fact that your taking a small pot, and building it up OOP with a draw. i would have probably just called the flop, if not bet out. also, i would have checked the turn. i think theres an excellent chance he'll check behind you. then you can get a free river. thats nicer.

This isn't really the best flop to do this on. There's 5 way action and someone is too likely to have a hand. Think of what you're representing. Q7? Not a whole lot more makes sense with you completing in the SB and then raising large out of nowhere. You cooouuuld have 77 but 77 would(should) lead at a flop like this. If I were villain I'd have trouble giving you much credit. I think you can find a better situation to represent a strong hand. Why are you risking $10 to win such a small pot?If you had a straight draw or an overcard or something to go with it, or your line made sense for a good hand, or you weren't in a 5-way pot, or the pot was big, or had a read on the villain, or weren't out of position, or both had deeper stacks so you could follow through on your bluff, then this play might be useful. But this seems unnecessary. So we don't want to raise --- and OOP without the nut flush draw and a transparent hand if you hit, I just fold here. Sometimes you just fold a flush draw when villain bets pot :club:
good analysis - this is not the time to draw to a flush.all draws are not created equally...in a multi-way pot with an ace out, you're drawing to just 9 outs most likely.

I think the error we are missing here also is the stack size of the villian. He is very short stacked. When a short villian leads into a multiway pot with a board like this, he is ussually going all the way. Bluffing/Semi-Bluffing a short stack player after he has bet without a super read is a terrible idea.That being said if he was deeper, it would be better but still not great since there are many players behind and lead into a multiway pot usually indicates some strength.The optimal play IMO is to call and hope for more customers behind. Calls from week aces, second pairs etc.