Can I Make 1k A Month?

Alright, here's the deal. I am considering quitting my job, and playing poker to make up the difference. Now, to start, I have no foolish notions of 'making it big' or TP/MM. I'm in college, so I also do not consider this a lifelong move. But I am seriously considering quitting my job and playing poker to take up the slack. I am a consistent winner at .50/1.00 NL. My question is, if I were to go at this 'full-time' do you think I could bring in 1K a month? I have a small part time job at the University, and my girlfriend also has a job, so I figure 1K would for sure cover us. My plan is to save up at least a full month's worth of money for bills to cover all of my expenses, and all of my girlfriends expenses. (We live together BTW.) I think this would be good to cover a bad month since she will still be working full time, plus I have my part time job. So, what do you think guys, seriously? Can I pull in 1K a month? Any other input or ideas to prepare for this attempt? (AND I can always go back to my other job if it falls through so keep that in mind.)

Alright, here's the deal. I am considering quitting my job, and playing poker to make up the difference. Now, to start, I have no foolish notions of 'making it big' or TP/MM. I'm in college, so I also do not consider this a lifelong move. But I am seriously considering quitting my job and playing poker to take up the slack. I am a consistent winner at .50/1.00 NL. My question is, if I were to go at this 'full-time' do you think I could bring in 1K a month? I have a small part time job at the University, and my girlfriend also has a job, so I figure 1K would for sure cover us. My plan is to save up at least a full month's worth of money for bills to cover all of my expenses, and all of my girlfriends expenses. (We live together BTW.) I think this would be good to cover a bad month since she will still be working full time, plus I have my part time job. So, what do you think guys, seriously? Can I pull in 1K a month? Any other input or ideas to prepare for this attempt? (AND I can always go back to my other job if it falls through so keep that in mind.)
wow. Really? what do you live on, bread and water?edit - oh u mean keep ur job... yeah its possible. what's your winrate at the moment?

I'm kind of shocked that its possible to live on $1,000 a month anywhere in the USA.I would have to *gasp* quit smoking cigars. :club:

possible? sure. secure? no. But it's your call. I've always been a fan of the "college player" using poker as a supplemental form of income (which is what I do) while you finish school. And I agree with what's been previously said. $1000 is enough to support you for a month?? Me and my fiancee live together in a college town and combine for about 3K a month, and it's not exactly free-spending. But good luck with whatever you do.

I'm kind of shocked that its possible to live on $1,000 a month anywhere in the USA.I would have to *gasp* quit smoking cigars. :club:
My rent is over $1K a month. Ditch the girl before you knock her up and move in with some friends.
I will also pay 1,000 for a night with his girl. This should provide him an adequate cushion in case anything goes awry with the poker.
Lets do it together. Threesomes are just more fun.

With some quick and dirty math, I came up with:At .50/1.00 nl, you'd need to make over 8bb/hour for 30 hours per week. If you 4 table, I'm sure this is possible. At 200 hands/hour, that's only 4bb/100.

It would be very easy to make 1k/month playing 100NL. You are probably going to make 1.5-2k/month in rakeback alone if your playing full time. If you 6 table for 5 hours a day (2 two and half hour sessions), even as a marginal winner, you should pull 4k/month including rakeback.

It would be very easy to make 1k/month playing 100NL. You are probably going to make 1.5-2k/month in rakeback alone if your playing full time. If you 6 table for 5 hours a day (2 two and half hour sessions), even as a marginal winner, you should pull 4k/month including rakeback.
Ok. I suggest 8 tabling .50/1. Let's look at Stars vip program. If you can 8 table 6 hours a day you can estimate minimum 30vpps/tablehour. so 48 x 30=1440vpps/day 1440 vpps x 30 days= 43200vpps. If you are not Supernova yet then you will be later in the year. Let's assume you are only platinum star. 2.5 x 43200=108200fppsWhen you become Supernova then multiply by 3.5 or 3.5 x 43200=151200 fpps per month.62000 fpps=@1kSo ya. It is VERY doable