My Plan For The Next Few Weeks

Not sure why I'm posting this, not sure if I'm looking for advice/criticism or just looking for attention but I thought I'd make this post just to see what comments come to mind.So my bankroll is getting a little thin after some cash outs, buying stuff etc. I have about €1500 ($2000) to work with. And maybe another €300 ($500) if I get REALLY stuck, but I hope it doesn't have to come to that.EDIT: oh yeah, I am currently broke online, but I don't really mind. I plan to concentrate on studying, working on my game, doing other stuff when I'm at home and not getting stressed playing online poker. So this post is basically a summarry of what I plan to do with my live game in the coming weeks.. Tonight, I plan on playing a €110 MTT with a €50 add on. There will about 100 players with the final 10 getting paid and first paying 3k-4k along with a crystal trophy. Probably a little big for my br but hey, I'm playing it anyway so I might aswell concentrate on how to play optimally rather than think about br management. After this tourney, there will side games. 1/2 NL and probably a few SNGs. I will likely play a SNG (€50 10 man with prizes of 75, 150, 250 I think), and then head to the cash games. Both games are super profitable and I feel my edge is quite big in both. The cash game is really loose with at least 3 people seeing each flop, guys chasing gutshots for pot sized bets, calling down with middle pair etc. I plan on bringing €400 with me tonight, and will certainly spend €160 of it at the tournament. That leaves €240 to spend on side games. I'll probs buy in for 80 in the 1/2NL game, feel out the table, see whos the fish, loose players, tight players etc. All things going well I'll get it (pre flop with QQ, KK or AA if possible) in and double up, but if I don't, I usually add on about €50 after getting a good feel for the table. I feel my strat for the cash game is fine, it's basically ABC poker. If I think there is a good chance I can see a flop for €2, I'll do it because the implied odds are always there. The key is not to be calling €10 with the T8s, KT, and J9 pre flop. I will play all pocket pairs and true suited connectors (34,78,TJ etc.) if I am deep stacked (140+) for a small raise. When I get a good hand pre flop, I make an aggressive (7xBB) raise usually and try to get heads up. If I miss the flop, I will make one c-bet against two or less players, and if I don't get through, I'm done. If theres more than 2 other players, and I have a crap hand post flop, I just check it. With my good hands, I simply value bet the **** out of them.So that basically sums up my plan for tonight!Now, next Easter (Thursday/Friday April 5th/6th-Monday 9th), the Irish Open is on (btw, anyone playing in it). I won't be playing the 3.5k main event but I will be going up for the weekend for the side games. I plan on bringing €1k. The side games up there is apparently full of players that are either ridiculously loose, drunk, or on tilt. A juicy combination! So same strategy as above I feel. The lowest games will be 1/2 NL or 2/4 NL. Hopefully NLHE coz I know that game the best, but if its round of each mixed with PLO, I won't mind too much. My only problem with that is I have never played PLO live (not in a home game) so my experience will be lacking and tells possible more visible in PLO. Anyway, hopefully it'll be straight NLHE. If I turn my original 1k in to 1500 playing 1/2 the first day, I MIGHT, take a shot at 2/4 with a 250 buy in, but not sure, 2/4 probably won't that much more profitable. I am primarily going to play the cash games there, but there will a few SNGs running I assume. I may play the odd SNG if the cash games start to get boring, but as I said, I am not going up planning to play a load of SNGs. Also, the thing with the SNGs, the min buy will be 200 (there is a small chance theres 100, but more likely 200) and 200 is a part of the 1k roll for the weekend. The luck factor in SNGs is of course very high, so that would be my worry in the SNGs. Also, it's tougher to take advantage of the tilting/drunk/loose players in a SNG (which there will be, probably just as many as in the cash games), so although SNGs are my best game, I think, given the circumstances, the cash games is where I belong.So thats about it. Sorry for the super long but I appreciate anyone that does read it. Also, if it seems scattered, I apologize, I am writing as I am thinking so it might look scattered. So, I guess a few questions I have...What kinda money would be a huge win, a normal win, a normal loss, a huge lossWhats your generaly thoughts on itHow terrible bankroll managements is it, or is that bad at all?How much luck do you widh me :club:

sounds like if you take a few beats, your bankroll will be crippled. hope the deck hits you over the head instead of in the balls.
nah, I dont think. I'll never have more than like 15% of my roll in play as I'm buying into the cash games fairly short.
  • 2 weeks later...

Update from the Irish Open:Started at about 1am and finished at 8am. Bought in for 100 at 2/5 NLHE. Got Kings, pushed on a ten high flop, up against TT. Reloaded for 150. First big pot was JJvAKs aipf I think. I also won a nice pot with AK on an ace high board vs pair+str8 draw. Left at 6am or so with around 850. EDIT: I should mention a pot I played against the only other big stack at the table. I was talking to a friend and just got back to get my cards on the BB. The big stack otb had raised to 25. I reraied to 75 total with KK. He called. He was raising with everything from J8 to 62 to AQ so his range was pretty wide. After the call however, its likely he has a somewhat good hand. So the flop come KQT two clubs. I bet 80. He raises to 200 total. I push for 350 more. He ended up folding. Probably the biggest pot of my life that didn't come to the showdown.Moved to another crazy action 2/5 game. Bought in for 300 plus whatever smaller chips I had. 330 or summin. Played that until 8. Left with 500. I played pretty badly for about 1.5hrs as I was tired. Stuff like giving free cards, calling big raises pre flop with drawing hands, paying off after I give the free cards etc. etc. I should have left that table with at least 700, but more like 1000. So all in all, €750 profit for the night. Will give another update after I log another seesion. Gl

wish you luck, I hope you keep booking winning sessions as 15% blow to a BR will seem like a huge error if you ever go busto and its poor BR management but may luck be with you.

Just finished session 2. 4-5pm to 11.30pm. Played 2/5 again. Bought in for 300 and lost that. Then rebought for another 300. Starting playing trying to get even. Added 100 when I got short stacked and lost that. So I'm in for 700. I then put my final 300 in chips on the table. Built that to 2k. I realised that it could all go wrong that quickly, but I think I've woken up to the fact that I'm only 3 or 4 bad beats away from busto. Overall, I played bad for the start of today but I once I was down to my final 300 I told myself to play a different game. I tried to play as if it was a brand new session and I wasn't stuck 700. It worked.I'll give a more detailed update sometime, most likely when I get home.Hand of the session:JQ, I call a 25 raise pre flop (I think, I may have just limped, but then the flop bet seems too big). Flop comes 9T4. Checks to the button who bets 50. I call. Turn is a ten. I check, button bets 100. I call (I'm pretty sure it was heads up at this stage). River is an 8. I push in my stack of black and green chips (blacks-100, greens-25). This was his first round at the table and he only had a few (physical) chips left. One of them was a 500, lol. It looked to me as if he had 300 left at most. So he called for like 600. He has AT :club: Even if I saw he had 600, I don't think I can get away if he has a full house. Pretty scattered post but I'm just using of the computers here outside the playing area so it's not really the place to go into too much detail. Btw, the whole event in itself. Absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere is one of a kind and I'm really enjoying myself.Gl all, and I'll post later